An idea.

+
An idea.

how about being able to win cards from your opponent :p?
or gambling your hard earned gold perhaps

it would add some fun to the game in my opinion

so to flesh my idea out a bit more.
lets say you have your game modes. and one of them is then high stakes.
in that high stakes you first decide with your opponent which card (or gold) you want to put up before the game starts.
a completely optional game mode which like i said would add some fun to the game

Last edited:
how about being able to win cards from your opponent :p?
or gambling your hard earned gold perhaps

it would add some fun to the game in my opinion

so to flesh my idea out a bit more.
lets say you have your game modes. and one of them is then high stakes.
in that high stakes you first decide with your opponent which card (or gold) you want to put up before the game starts.
a completely optional game mode which like i said would add some fun to the game
That is akin to trading and can be rigged, which means it will most likely never be allowed in a digital game.

Guest 3893205

That is akin to trading and can be rigged, which means it will most likely never be allowed in a digital game.

I am not saying we are doing this (or not) but on the technical side, if you allow for this only in special mode where you can't invite friends (just like a ranking system), that would actually work. Or am I missing something?

Just a thought and a twist on the idea: how about betting on ranked matches you are not a part of/spectating on it? You can't predict the winner that way.

I am not saying we are doing this (or not) but on the technical side, if you allow for this only in special mode where you can't invite friends (just like a ranking system), that would actually work. Or am I missing something?
Well, it depends on the prize and what's at stake. The prize must be equivalent to both players and also desirable or unique enough that sufficient players participate in that mode else you will have matchmaking problems. And when there is irreversible risk involved, other complications can rear its ugly head. How are you going to deal with disconnects? What happens when a player immediately disconnects as soon as he/she thinks that the match is not salvageable?

In RU section people discuss it, but it cause a lot of problems (with card getting)
Like someone will have 23 cards and then lose 2 times. He will have only 21 cards and will not able to play anymore.

In RU section people discuss it, but it cause a lot of problems (with card getting)
Like someone will have 23 cards and then lose 2 times. He will have only 21 cards and will not able to play anymore.
That's actually one of the minor issues since the prize/stake doesn't really have to be from your playing deck, this can be enforced beforehand. But yeah, such a system can have all kinds of repercussions.

I told that on RU forum, and can repeat here.
In ranked system you can make a room for such "daredevil".
Anyone who will enter there must pay one of his cards, which he will use in match. Or choose opponent's card. Adrenaline for your last Hero card will be awesome=)))

As a restriction, you can't ask opponent to give you his basic non-rare card, such as troopers, etc. Also, you can't enter this room without any rare card.

PS: Sorry for my not perfect english. I'm working on it=)

Last edited:
well you can add certain restrictions to it like
A minimum number of cards you need to possess (so you don't get below the 22)
the card must be the same rarity or maybe 1 rarity lower

Well, it depends on the prize and what's at stake. The prize must be equivalent to both players and also desirable or unique enough that sufficient players participate in that mode else you will have matchmaking problems. And when there is irreversible risk involved, other complications can rear its ugly head. How are you going to deal with disconnects? What happens when a player immediately disconnects as soon as he/she thinks that the match is not salvageable?

if a player purposely disconnects that's just simple. he automatically loses.
as for when someone disconnects without him being able to do a thing about it.... I'd say put a big warning sign. play this mode at your own risk.

Could add it as a tournament like mode that can only be played against randoms.
"Custom" ones would either give no reward or a little bit of gold/coins/whatever the currency is.

E.g. Buy in could be either a set amount of the currency (for both custom and official) or a card from a certain category (official only).

If you're doing it from Card Categories, you could have 2 separate ones, one where all players throw in an common card and another where all players throw in an uncommon/hero card.

Winners could either be 1st take all or 1st takes most and the 2nd takes the remaining few

Example Tournament would be:

8 players join
All players select a hero card for the Buy in
(Buy in Card can still be used in the match by the player who owns it)
First match would eliminate 4 of the 8 players, then 2 of the 4 leaving 2 for the final
Depending on how it's designed, Winner of the final could win either all of them or 6/7 of the 8 cards, 2nd would get the remainder
Players who abandon count as a forfeit from that player. Players who time out could have a set amount of time to reconnect.

In terms of balancing this so OP decks can't enter, you could have it average out the strength of each player's Deck. Anything above or below XX strength could be disallowed and require rebuilding of the Deck

I just thought I'd throw my opnion into the ring and say rather then going though all the hassle of betting cards, why ot bet the in game currency? It can be reearned through various means so if you lose it it's not a big deal, but if you bet enough and win you can get some more card decks.

of course if you can buy currency with real life money thaat's not a option, but if it's a case of you directly buying packs with currency, it saves a lot of card complaints while still providing risks.

Maybe betting ingame currency, but if i was to put up a Legendary card and lost, that would almost make me want to rage quit.

Maybe betting ingame currency, but if i was to put up a Legendary card and lost, that would almost make me want to rage quit.

some people might be like that yes. but others would be disappointed perhaps a bit sad. but hey. you win some you lose some.
but wining legendarys or even commons (it doesn't have to be limited to legendarys. as long as both people give up a card of equal or near equal value) is a lot of fun in my opinion. gives it a bit more of that witcher 3 feel where you collected cards by beating opponents.

I think this betting system could be a lot of fun... to manage some problems I think the creators can restrict the number of times per day or week you can enter this high stakes tournaments. Let's say for example that you can enter once a day in a tournament with the price of a common card; you can enter only once every two or three days to a higher risk tournament with the price of a rare card; and once a week you can enter the one with the price of a legendary card. That could be a lot of fun and many people would look forward to these special days.

Edit: That way it makes these high stakes games something rare: It adds to the excitement of the match.

Last edited:
I think this betting system could be a lot of fun... to manage some problems I think the creators can restrict the number of times per day or week you can enter this high stakes tournaments. Let's say for example that you can enter once a day in a tournament with the price of a common card; you can enter only once every two or three days to a higher risk tournament with the price of a rare card; and once a week you can enter the one with the price of a legendary card. That could be a lot of fun and many people would look forward to these special days.

Edit: That way it makes these high stakes games something rare: It adds to the excitement of the match.

oh i like the idea of this being a one time a week thing for a legendary o.o

Guest 3893205

I see a lot of SnG and tournament poker fans here ;) Thanks for your input, we are always considering every option.

Indeed it would. Please make it happen, or at least consider it - an alternative mode with high stakes like that sounds like a really good idea to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom