Analyzing every Anti-Weather / Weather-Support card

+
Remove weather cards from players hands and create a neutral deck with neutral bronze/silvers specials that both players draw from. This will prevent spamming and of course more cards will need ability to draw specials.

Value of Clear Skies?

Bronze weathers can generate 1-2 points value per turn, and silver or gold weather are even more. And there are around 20 weather cards can be placed in deck, while only 3 clear skies (or 6 if you count the units that clear weather). Some cards, mainly monster can synergise with weather and thin their deck, like wild hunt hound and foglets. However, first light generate 0 value for clearing weather. Also, if player want to wait and clear multiple weathers, more damages are suffered. I think it is the one of the reason that monster meta are so popular in the ranked match. Therefore, I suggest that clear skies should be able to generate value, like boosting an ally when it is used, to balance the gameplay.

Thats why there are units that clear the weather on the row. Here's the question, when would Skellige have such units?

Don't bother. Had this conversation once on another thread. There's too much weather fanboys over here for you to set a point here.

They'll be like "Butt an bronz carde shouldnit counta a gold cards lel".

The weather mechanics is at fault here. It's poorly designed. The "nerf" was quite pointless : top ladder decks are full of weather effects. Because their value isn't the problem, their simple existence is. CS is supposed to fill the role of a counter to that, but in the end it's a simple liability that turns to be heavily RNG based when there is no weather cards in the opponent's deck, and insufficient when their deck is full of them.

Somehow I feel the moderation hammer over my head, but I don't care. The creative minority that doesn't rely on a broken mechanics, me and others, has to be heard.

I know the op of this merged thread is old, but I had to say, Nauz. Standard Bearer is a decent card, one of the best anti-weather lane cards, imo. I think weather's most influential aspect is causing ppl to swap cards out of their net decks and replacing them with anti-weather tech. Unfortunately, from what I've seen, many/most ppl don't do this.

One thing I would like to see is for the bronze weather cards to be combined into one bronze card, since I think there is too much weather available. Other than that, I have no problems with weather, it adds strategy to the game.

p.s. And, no, I don't run weather in my decks, I run a Rad control and some NG (all my own creations).

Top Bottom