Any of you guys test out resistances in relation to physical damage?

+
I didn't think resistances would work on physical damage at all but on a char with 60% resistances max, immunity to bleed, poison, shock and burn and low hp cause of no points in body, it seemed to really do the trick when getting shot by snipers for ex. . Tested it on a char that has 5999 armor and 10999 with cold blood with and without resistances, I seemed to be taking less than half the damage, which still is quite a bit, when you only have 380 hp. Now I know the game is kinda easy cause of the AI and us being able to have way too much armor and damage, like 25 mill without exploiting glitches, but I'm just trying to figure out how everything works. Thing is I may have made a mistake since the Max-Tac snipers don't seem to always hit you with fully charged shots and range is a factor in the damage you'd take so its not easy to test, I'd try some other enemy but I cleaned up the whole map on that playthrough. Thing is without the resists I would occasionally get almost 1shot and that never happened with em on even if I still had 10999 armor both times. ( Had legendary cataresist and cold blood resists, the arm cannon one does not work, should be 70% with that one)
Nobody? Ok.

Last edited:
There is damage from some guns that goes through armor and thus damaging your health directly, like big snipers. In that instance, resistances or immunities are useless because they only prevent these specific damages to occur. Automatic Big turrets, for example, do this.

Edit, follow up: Resistances perks or mods only reduce damage from their respective type BUT armor also negate part of those damage type. Immunities completely negate them.
So you either go with resistances + armor to mitigate all type of damages or Immunities + some armor + big life pool to diminish armor bypassing damages.
Regardless, enemies with big Sniper or tech Sniper will still be able one or two shot through these combinations.

The only damage that is unnecessary to build against is explosion damage, as this damage is calculated to almost insta-kill enemies with 10.000 HP, it will indeed kill the player 5 times over. Same with fall damage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom