Difference between Mass Vulnerability Perks?

+
So, this one legitimately has me stumped. You have Mass Vulnerability which by itself lowers enemies Physical Resistance by 30%, and then you have it’s first upgrade which lowers all Resistances by 30%. But there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer anywhere or what a Resistance actually is. Does resistance mean the target has a percentile chance to just straight up ignore damage of X type? If so, why have I never seen this in play? Does Resistance mean that it automatically ignores a certain percentage of X type? Initially that seemed likely to me, but then you have Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks, which does bonus percentage damage from all Quickhacks. So, how does Resistances work for purposes of, say, Contagion? In an example, Contagion does 100 damage (pure example number). I have both Mass Vulnerability: Resistances and Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks . Does the target take 160 damage? Extremely confused here, the game doesn’t give me any insight on how things go together.

So, this one legitimately has me stumped. You have Mass Vulnerability which by itself lowers enemies Physical Resistance by 30%, and then you have it’s first upgrade which lowers all Resistances by 30%. But there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer anywhere or what a Resistance actually is.
All, so it mean physical, but also elemental resistances (against electricity, poison and fire).
You can see enemies resistances while scanning them (in %).
Some enemies are more resistant to poison (for example 30% to poison) so they receive less damages from Contagion (-30% damages). Other enemies are more resistant to electricity, so they receive less damages from Short Circuit.
In short, by uploading mass vulnerability (level 2), you almost cancel their resistances (pretty nice^^). And it work for all type of weapons (guns, blades, QHs, gorilla arms).

And yes, the third level add 30% more damages but only from QHs (with QHs everything stack^^).

Last edited:
Yeah you can test/see it yourself scanning them before and after using breach f.e.
their resistance-% should vary strongly after breaching/mass vul them.

edit: beeing aware of their resistance/weaknesses helps a lot in early to mid game… later you don’t even need to take a look since short (or any other battle QH) will kill anyone no matter their resistance at all - tho breach is still useful to aoe statuseffects in late game.

tho im also a bit confused how some % calculations work… the +5% status craftingperk just boosts 25% critchance to 26,5 critchance for example not 25% to 30%. so a reminder for me that going 20 in craft is absolute not worth it… (knew it before but made the mistake again on my last 20/20/20/8 build)

Last edited:
I think I understand better now, maybe. My character has Mass Vulnerability, Mass Vulnerability: Resistances, and Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks. I’m facing an enemy with 45% Resistance Chemical, 30% Resistance Electrical, and 0% Resistance to Physical and Thermal. For Contagion (Poison/Chemical) I subtract my 30% from the Perk leaving 15% of my damage to go through. If damage was 100, then 85 would go through plus 30%, so 85 + 25.5 (rounded one way or the other). The internal mistake I made initially was that I wasn’t factoring in the existing resistance at all for some reason; I just made a weird assumption that everyone’s resistance was 0 (don’t ask me how). So continuing the example, with the various Resistance debuffs coming in to play, there would be no difference in damage between Electrical and Thermal, since you can’t have a negative resistance and somehow gain bonus damage, which is what the Mass Vulnerability: Quickhacks perk is for. It’s weird how I needed you both to get me over that little hump in understanding. Thanks both!

Top Bottom