Anybody has a workaround for older windows versions ?

+
Hello !
I am using windows LTSC ver 1809. the ver 2.0 of the game freezes randomly in menus/loading even at splash screen, i've been able to load a save from ver 1.6 but froze when i tried to see the map. It's simply broken (and before you ask, i did everything relevant, file check, SFC, DISM, DSKCHK, AV, firewall, re-download, fresh installs, update ov everything... bla bla).
Problem is, updating my OS, doesnt change the version (that's the point with LTSC).
My employer do not plan to buy a new version as long as this one is supported (until 2024 a tleast), so i'm pretty much stuck with it (since i installed it on my personal computer because i work 70% from home..., and i don't want to spend like 100 buck on a win11 or 10 license to install in dual boot just to play cyberpunk)

So i was wondering if anyone had this kind of problem, and if he's been able to solve it ? i mean the differences between versions are mostly a few packages, the global architecture doesn't change obviously, so if i knew which packages were involved/needed, i could manually try to shenanigan -install- them...

Just a bottle in the ocean at this point, i have little hope that someone actually had this specific problem, let alone solved it, but it's worth the try ^^

Thanks to anyone reading/answering !
Have a nice day.

Support for Windows 10 will end in 2025, with LTSC hanging on until 2027, apparently. In general, the game will stay current with "Home" versions of Windows. Business models like that are more for banks, automated machines, etc. where unexpected changes in updates could cause issues. (It's kind of like trying to game on an Nvidia Quadro card.) While it's possible that players could get it working, I would still expect issues along the way...with more and more beginning to appear as time goes on.

Thank you for your answer.
LTSC also helps for ressources management, there is no extra like cortana, store, less security breaches and such, most companies i know of, use it because of that, in our case it's mostly because of memory/CPU (we work on AI, so it's linux or LTSC since we don't want unexpected services to suddenly eat the ram/CPU or scan the disks), plus in working setup, companies don't want their expensive employees being stuck for hours because of an update... Or a 30 days training of an AI being interrupted because of a forced 'idle' update reboot lol
At least all my other games runs flawlessly (i mean, it's a regular windows without extra useless services mostly), including ver 1.6 of cyberpunk, it's just frustrating the 2.0 won't... and that i don't understand why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom