Anyone heard this radio interview with Jackie Welles (Jason Hightower)?

+
i stumbled on this radio interview with the actor that plays Jackie, there is some interesting points that he makes in the show regarding CP2077.

He started the V/O work three years ago over a course of about 2 years and this would imply that the montage is either going to release as a prequel at some point or that they left vast amounts of voicework on the cutting room floor.
So the relationship between his character and V was fully fleshed out as he mentions his most memorable scenes are when he has heart to heart conversations with various characters in the game as well as V.

In my playthrough im yet to encounter the mission where the inevitable happens as im focusing on just carrying out the sidequests in some vain attempt to preserve the meat of the game once these gigs run out but it appears his part was meant to be much, much bigger and i guess still could end up being due to CDPR having lots of unused media.

Anyway this is the link.

Jackie Welles interview

Why? I love his character and I felt there was something missing. That montage feels like it was meant to be actual missions and not simple cut scenes. This is another content that makes nosense to why it was removed.

The thing about the montage that I only noticed on second playthrough is Mama Welles and Padre are in it but your first time through the game, you don't know who these people are.

The first time you encounter Padre in the game is when you enter the Heywood area for the first time. He phones you as all fixers do but he talks to you as if its the first time you have met.

It makes me think that at some point, the montage was (or was intended to be) an expanded, playable story arc where you meet Mama Welles and crash on her couch, hang out with Misty and Jackie in the garage, do a job for Padre etc.

I'd love it if DLC added this type of content to the game and am ok with starting a new game to experience it in the intended order.

Last edited:
btw, a lot of side quests/gigs in Watson area, if you do them before heist, you wont see Johnny reaction to it.. and there are some quite interesting ones.. (like with crooked cop who wanted to get a recording, and if you watch it and see why he wants it, Johnny will be quite vocal about it what to do..)

btw, a lot of side quests/gigs in Watson area, if you do them before heist, you wont see Johnny reaction to it.. and there are some quite interesting ones.. (like with crooked cop who wanted to get a recording, and if you watch it and see why he wants it, Johnny will be quite vocal about it what to do..)
As far as i'm concerned i'm not too fussed on hearing Keanu and I would have preferred him to be making a cameo rather than the major character he has been cast as.

I'm more interested in losing myself in the character of V so trying to prolong that as much as possible and I've heard that the gigs and side quests do less of holding your hand and more of building the world around you.

Top Bottom