Is there a writing mistake during “THE HEIST” ?

+
During THE HEIST at Konpeki Plaza we meet the Delamain car for the first time. Jackie Welles and V give false identities and alias names.

As time rolls on Jackie and V are forced to flee the building, during this time Jackie fall through a glass roof then Jackie calls the Delamain car to plan their escape. The car politely greets him as “Mr Welles” – but how does the car know his true name??

At first I thought this was a trick – that the car somehow knew and was working with V's enemies or it was not really the car who was answering – but perhaps this is just an oversight or slip? Or - did I miss something?

Del, always knew V and Jackie's real names, the fake names are only given to the hotel. Not to spoil anything if you haven't finished the game yet, but V will have several more opportunities to interact with Del and have a bit of a relationship (even if it's just professional). But this is no mistake or oversight Del, knows who Jackie, V and Dex are from the beginning when Dex hires him, as an AI considered highly professional and discreet, he is just trusted not to share that information.

I understand the concern, but Del asks V and Jackie to confirm their identities and at that point their identities are their real ones. Only Konpeki has the false ones. (There is then a whole lot of meta plot ideas I think may apply, but that doesn't fit here.)

Top Bottom