Apparently shader comp stutter is still a problem in 4.04

+
Re my previous post as attached.

I just want to re-iterate that the horrible frame time stutter as shown in the upper left corner still exists in 4.04. It appears CDPR has completely ignored this issue, at least for PC.

This can be 100% replicated if you are playing on vanilla game, in DX11. I have everything turned to max. However, it will most likely happen in 4k, either with or without DSR resolution upscaled to 4k. With DSR res tuned to 4k will 100% trigger this bug.
This may be location-tied, but should not happen under any circumstance. The location is the forest area/cabin south west of Novigrad, either you enter combat with wolves or just enter combat state will trigger this stutter, and will persist throughout the game.

This amongest other stuff like flickering shadows and grass collision has made the game annoyingly unplayable, and I'm flabbergasted no one from CDPR is able to address these bugs.

1689906176516.png

I'm flabbergasted no one from CDPR is able to address these bugs.
True, it is disappointing but this doesn't mean that these issues are easy to fix or that the devs are not trying. On the contrary, maybe they are trying hard but there are maybe not enough Devs assigned to the W3 right now or maybe they are not the most experienced yet (Juniors)

Of course it is ..... Shader compilation is done by the CPU and the CPU threading is still broken in this game .....

If they took the time to properly fix the threading issues most of the problems with the game would go away .... It's as simple as that, it really is

And as I have said several times in the past I don't expect the threading issue will get fixed until after the Cyberpunk DLC drops and then they can bring the game engine "A Team" over to work on it. They likely aren't training newer employees on the nuts and bolts of the Red Engine since they aren't going to be using it moving forward so we'll just have to wait until the current team has time to work on it.

Last edited:
True, it is disappointing but this doesn't mean that these issues are easy to fix or that the devs are not trying. On the contrary, maybe they are trying hard but there are maybe not enough Devs assigned to the W3 right now or maybe they are not the most experienced yet (Juniors)
True, but as consumers/players it's not our job to speculate their corporate management/internal factors. We paid the money to enjoy the game, and feedback is as far as we go. I don't pretend to be an analyst or programmer on this forum, but there is clearly something they cannot deliver, as the same issues cannot be found in the original game (1.32 GOTY or before).
Post automatically merged:

Of course it is ..... Shader compilation is done by the CPU and the CPU threading is still broken in this game .....

If they took the time to properly fix the threading issues most of the problems with the game would go away .... It's as simple as that, it really is

And as I have said several times in the past I don't expect the threading issue will get fixed until after the Cyberpunk DLC drops and then they can bring the game engine "A Team" over to work on it. They likely aren't training newer employees on the nuts and bolts of the Red Engine since they aren't going to be using it moving forward so we'll just have to wait until the current team has time to work on it.
True but not quite true. They were given 2 years+ to make "modification" on an exsiting game that's pretty much perfect to play. Yes they are providing updates every two months or so for the game, but the fundamental performance issues/visual bugs were never addressed, and that's a red flag. Covid is not an excuse, it ended long ago. CP 2077 was a mess and they fixed it to a playable state. Why can't they do to this game?

I already told you why. The team that does the actual Red Engine work is still busy with Cyberpunk and they can't be in two places at once. The only thing that can be in two places at once is an Electron (Or at least it appears that way)

I already told you why. The team that does the actual Red Engine work is still busy with Cyberpunk and they can't be in two places at once. The only thing that can be in two places at once is an Electron (Or at least it appears that way)
What makes you think that's my problem?

Top Bottom