Are some certain match-ups unfair?

+
the only "unfair" would be when there are balance problems, leaving aside if it currently exists or not.
After that, sometimes we have an advantage and sometimes we don't, we can adapt that a little knowing how the metagame works.

If we play large units ... Igni, Scorch, poison will be our worst encounters, if we play tokens, that would not be a problem.

And like every card game, count the cards we get, it can happen that the best are in the deck at the end of the game if we do not have how to secure them.

Completely fair....... Chess is the only sure thing, there are many variables in card games.

I don't think any of the meta matchups is unfair. Maybe some off-meta metchup (like Lockdown v Ysgith or Vanguard) might be little bit too unfavorable.

But what is without a doubt 100% unfair is NG in seasonal, it is no different from cheating!

The only deck I consider 100% unfair is NG control with Enslave leader ability. Even if you win, it's not really enjoyable because you just went through a match of some lovely person trying to deny everything your deck can do - and probably was mildly successful.

Other than that...not sure if this works on PC since I just switched over and am waiting for my account progress to transfer over...but Igor The Hook can create Scarabs with defender status if they survive off of Azar's summon. That can get pretty freaking unfair...

DRK3

Forum veteran
The only deck I consider 100% unfair is NG control with Enslave leader ability. Even if you win, it's not really enjoyable because you just went through a match of some lovely person trying to deny everything your deck can do - and probably was mildly successful.

Other than that...not sure if this works on PC since I just switched over and am waiting for my account progress to transfer over...but Igor The Hook can create Scarabs with defender status if they survive off of Azar's summon. That can get pretty freaking unfair...

I think the OP meant unfair on specific matchups, not just a deck that ins unfair in general.
For example, i just built a swarm deck that puts up a ton of 1pt units, then im matched against a full-on revenants deck... (this is not made-up, has happened to me several times)

Regarding the scarabs that are SY defenders - nothing new. They are bronze units, and not even doomed. You can copy them with Igor, but also with duchess's informant or revive them with experimental remedy if you're playing NG, i've done this many times.

I'm not sure I consider any of them unfair.

Ultimately, luck is a large factor of Gwent. Skill and strategy will bring you far, but there is always a chance you will draw the wrong card at the wrong time, or your opponent will have the perfect hand for a round: there's a reason most users lose about as many games as they win. Personally, I think the luck is part of what makes Gwent interesting. You must know your deck so you can adjust your strategy with every move your opponent makes.

Not to mention, guessing is a large part of playing. You need to keep in mind all the ways your opponent can retaliate, and weigh your options. Naturally, sometimes you'll blunder.

There are some cards I think could be altered, of course. There are always improvements to be made. But in general, I think Gwent matchmaking is plenty balanced.

Top Bottom