Bad luck strategies vs Dagon

+
Bad luck strategies vs Dagon

So... a weather-heavy Dagon deck. Is there a way to beat it, if one is unlucky enough to draw no anti-weather or weather resistant cards, with any faction?
I get the feeling that without cards to counter the weather, I should forfeit immediately regardless of faction, but... that can't be right. Is it really possible to know it's over before the game even starts, with a bad hand?

With the last patch, weather strategies were nerfed rather hard.

Cards that are really good vs weather:
1) any Gold cards
2) removal - generally, opponent's creatures, which are resistant to weather, will be smaller and easily lacerateable.
3) First Light/Dimeterium Bomb are now played a lot anyways, especially the first one - there is hardly a deck that doesn't benefit from Rally effect and is not rarely a dead weight.

If you get bullied by weather players, consider adding more of the abomenetioned cards and you will see that the matchups will improve a lot.

Also, before the game starts, you cannot even know that your opponent is playing a weather-heavy deck: I now mostly play Dagon, who I use for the First Light/Rally ability most of the time and don't have any weather cards at all except potential leader ability (which I use if my opponent puts a lot of strength on a row, like SK often do).

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that Dimeritium Shackles also resets units to their base strength, and can be used similarly to D-Bomb.
It is also good for turning their gold units into silver while in weather.

I had to delete ALL 4 of my decks cause of the recent patch changes. Played with the cards they got hit badly. ( Nekkers, Weather, Skellige and Scoia ) Now I lack on a lot of cards other players having in ranked. It did hurt a lot and I will stay away from ranked for now. Seems to me there are anyway cheaters ( after 3 hrs patchout so much ridicolous points with 6 wins .... )

Top Bottom