Badly stuttering audio

+
Hello. It happens outside sometimes, but always when I get in a car - the sound starts stuttering extremely badly. I searched the net and tried various things, and spent 1 1/2 hours with Microsoft Support and it can't seem to be fixed. It happens in earphones as well. This has also happened in Horizon: Zero Dawn, and in A Plague Tale: Requiem, but not in other games, like Last of Us or Starfield. I have no idea what to do; there aren't many sound options available in the game, but maybe some file editing could help (maybe not - I don't really know about these things)? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-11-16 104356.png

Assuming you have already done the rounds updating drivers etc, this is at least something to try. The option is only available if you open the settings from the main menu. For me, enabling this will cause the sound to stutter.

Other than that we'd need more information about your setup.

Based on you stating that you've experienced it in multiple games I'll hazard a guess and say it's driver related. Uninstall your audio drivers and download new ones from your motherboard manufacturer's website. You can find your motherboard info by typing "system information" into the start menu search bar if you are unfamiliar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom