Balance runeword question

+
Balance runeword question

I have a question about te runeword ‘Balance’. It’s supposed to make all your armor pieces count as medium armor, and as far as griffon techniques is concerned, this works. It actually adds the 20 extra stamina regen. However, when equipping heavy gear (say, ursine armor, with the runeword ‘balance’ attached to it), the heavy gear still decreases your stamina regen by 10% per piece! (conversely, light gear still does +10%)
So you get the added stamina regen from griffon techniques, but you still get the penalty of the actual weight of the armor.

Now, for my question: Has this been stated as a bug? Or is this a feature?
What I mean is, should we still get the 10% penalty from the armor actually being heavy, even with balance runewords equipped? Because the runeword states that it is regarded as medium armor, and therefore the 10% penalty shouldn’t apply (in my view). Or is the runeword only meant to be able to use various school techniques skills?
Personally, I hope they patch this as a bug.

PS: Also, off topic but I didn’t feel like making another: totally missed opportunity with the new general skills not having a ‘wolf school technique’ skill, amirite? Something like: 'Armor effects other than damage resistances are doubled in value'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom