Munro Bruys is way overcosted

+
It’s crazy how he’s still 12 provisions despite how slow he is. He used to be able to transform 3 Rowdy Dwarves at once. Now at one per turn, on every two turns if he doesn’t have armor, and the condition of not being locked/destroyed as well as having rowdy dwarves on the field, he shouldn’t be anywhere near 12 provisions. He should get his old effect back, or be reduced to 9 provisions at least.

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
I am an ST main who stopped playing this season as I thought the devs just hate ST and just want to screw with the ST players by giving horrible junk cards. But even myself would say Munro at 9P would be OP as hell and broken. 11P would be fair for ST standard. 10 would be his provision if he was an SK or NG card. Even devs beloved faction may not get him at 9P.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Remember that time when Munro, Zoltan Warrior and 2x Dwarven Chariot were in EVERY SINGLE ST deck?
And that time was not short either, it was not like 1-2 months, i think it was closer to a year.

I think the M.O. of the dev team has always been that its preferable to leave cards that were meta-dominant on the weaker side than to risk bringing them back to their problematic state.
Not that i believe Munro is weak ATM, but he's not as oppressive as before. Definitely should be played behind defender, These 3 cards are even in triptych art (Zoltan Warrior, Munro, defender). I would be OK with him at 11.

But even myself would say Munro at 9P would be OP as hell and broken.
Okay maybe 9p is a bit too low. I feel 10 is honestly fair though. He’s really slow, requires set-up, and wouldn’t be playing for anything other 10p cards don’t even after three transformations.

Remember that time when Munro, Zoltan Warrior and 2x Dwarven Chariot were in EVERY SINGLE ST deck?
I do remember yeah. And yeah maybe that package together is a bit much. I know I’m probably just frustrated I can’t ever get Munro off with all this hyper-control going around. It’s just sad I can’t get him to work in even a single game. Seeing him neutered compared to what he was also saddens me. I know I should just use a defender but ugh. I hate cards that can only work with a defender but I guess there are lots of cards like that.

Last edited:
the card is overpowered as it is today. what setup does it need? playing zoltan's company or zoltan: warrior? that is not hard to setup. both of those cards allow many others without being fixed to munro bruys. and getting barricade is easy to get for scoiatel dwarfs.

i have said before: cards need to have drawbacks to ballance them: like every order damages the unit, or have a limited counter of allowed orders (3 in this case, for example), or in extreme cases, remove a card from the hand or remove the card itself. but i think that will never happen in this game.

the card is overpowered as it is today. what setup does it need? playing zoltan's company or zoltan: warrior? that is not hard to setup. both of those cards allow many others without being fixed to munro bruys. and getting barricade is easy to get for scoiatel dwarfs.

i have said before: cards need to have drawbacks to ballance them: like every order damages the unit, or have a limited counter of allowed orders (3 in this case, for example), or in extreme cases, remove a card from the hand or remove the card itself. but i think that will never happen in this game.
OK, this is a pretty hot take. I might entertain an opinion that it's reasonably balanced, but overpowered? Really? At 12p? Compared to what?

Personally, I think 11p would be fair. For 12, with the restrictions he has, he should either transform 1 on deploy in addition to zeal order, or at least have veil.

Top Bottom