Belly of the Beast game breaking bug. Cant leave basilisk

+
Panam will do everything normal up until we get to the part where she tells you right we are here and allows you to leave the basilisk. Ive tried everything im convinced its just a game breaking bug to do with the game. Ive fresh installed the game, ive uninstalled every mod and done anything i can think of. reloaded a save from 30 and 50hrs prior to the bug and went to embers from there but even after doing all that panam still wont give me the promt to leave the basilisk

Ive waisted about 12hrs + trying to get around this bug but ive just given up i cant see anyone else talking about it and i just feel alone and defeated. i can provide images but i dont think its going to help, basically after the "talk to panam" promt goes away the "leave the basilisk" promt never pops up so im just stuck there forever. my first reaction was to reload saves, then uninstall mods, then fresh install the game and after all that i even went searching online and i couldent find anything about this particular bug. if i overlooked posts about it and someone could link me that would be amazing but i just couldent find anything.

ive uninstalled every mod
This might be the problem and is not fixable.
If mods you used before messed with quest facts your savegame may be permanently broken.
Like with the Pyramid Song underwater death wall which was caused by a mod.

You can make a support ticket with CDPR and send your savegame, but chances are they will just reject it when they detect mod usage.

I'm dealing with the exact same bug, no mods used aside from an fsr 2.2 mod, and I also cannot find a solution. If you managed to solve it, I'd love to know how.

Not-quite-the-same-issue but in this same quest I came across a game-breaking bug as well. That's when I was instructed to go eliminate the wraiths that had showed up. I followed an incorrect waypoint at first (at top speed) and I was despawned/respawned because I had left the mission area by accident.

At that point I was locked into a respawn loop where I'd be endlessly respawning every (approx) 0.5 seconds and couldn't stop it. Given I knew I wasn't going to lose much progress (only a few minutes) I just reloaded from a previous save and the bug didn't occur second time around.

I also wish I had remembered to grab all of the loot the enemies dropped before interacting with Panam. I had forgotten that after you have a chat with her (and collapse due to Relic malfunction) it's too late to go grab the stuff that the wraiths dropped.

Panam will do everything normal up until we get to the part where she tells you right we are here and allows you to leave the basilisk. Ive tried everything im convinced its just a game breaking bug to do with the game. Ive fresh installed the game, ive uninstalled every mod and done anything i can think of. reloaded a save from 30 and 50hrs prior to the bug and went to embers from there but even after doing all that panam still wont give me the promt to leave the basilisk

Ive waisted about 12hrs + trying to get around this bug but ive just given up i cant see anyone else talking about it and i just feel alone and defeated. i can provide images but i dont think its going to help, basically after the "talk to panam" promt goes away the "leave the basilisk" promt never pops up so im just stuck there forever. my first reaction was to reload saves, then uninstall mods, then fresh install the game and after all that i even went searching online and i couldent find anything about this particular bug. if i overlooked posts about it and someone could link me that would be amazing but i just couldent find anything.
Hi i'm having the same problem did you find a solution ? ( I did not use any mods and its my first time playing cyberpunk)

They fix one game breaking bug in the Sun Ending and another pops up with the next patch :D It´s like never ending cycle of bugs

You can use Never Lock Saves mod from Nexus to force save when you arrived under Arasaka tower, when you reload that save, it will give you the prompt to get out of Basilisk, i ran into another problem though, the 2 guards i was tasked to eliminate now doesn't spawn, disabling mods fixed that issue, after that make a save, re-enable mods and proceed the quest as normal, for now i'm gonna rest lmao 6 hours of trying to fix this, idk if there's any more issues further in the quest, but i'll inform tomorrow or maybe tonight

If you are using mods, or if you have ever used mods in the past, then it can affect the save-state of your game. Removing mods is often what causes issues. Playing the game with mods, making a saved game, then reinstalling the game and loading up that same save file will not rectify the issue. Once the game is saved with mods running, the reference data from those mods will be forever present in the save data. It cannot be removed. (This is true of all mods for all games. It's not guaranteed to cause an issue, based on how the particular mods work, but it can cause issues at any point.)

In order to make a bug report, ensure that the issue occurs on a vanilla installation of the game, using a vanilla playthrough that has never been modded. If that's your situation, go ahead and send it in to CDPR Support here:

Obviously, if you're on console, please send that in to the same category under XBox / PS, since the modding issue won't apply.

Can anyone confirm that it happens on a vanilla PC playthrough?

If you are using mods, or if you have ever used mods in the past, then it can affect the save-state of your game. Removing mods is often what causes issues. Playing the game with mods, making a saved game, then reinstalling the game and loading up that same save file will not rectify the issue. Once the game is saved with mods running, the reference data from those mods will be forever present in the save data. It cannot be removed. (This is true of all mods for all games. It's not guaranteed to cause an issue, based on how the particular mods work, but it can cause issues at any point.)

In order to make a bug report, ensure that the issue occurs on a vanilla installation of the game, using a vanilla playthrough that has never been modded. If that's your situation, go ahead and send it in to CDPR Support here:

Obviously, if you're on console, please send that in to the same category under XBox / PS, since the modding issue won't apply.

Can anyone confirm that it happens on a vanilla PC playthrough?
I can confirm its happens on vanilla its my first time playing game and first time instaled cyberpunk on my pc and there is no promt to live panzer after talk with panam i send report to support like week ago and still no respond

I did some testing with pure vanilla game, still happens, doing some weird workarounds to progress, now i'm at the point after inserting Alt's shard, Saul and Panam just disappears and i don't have quest objectives anymore.

Plus i highly doubt bunch of texture mods, clothing and vehicle mods would go that far to break major quests. Yes i don't have any major gameplay related mods, so even if it's baked into my save, the worst case is just bunch of invisible cars or clothings.

If this any help i used to have like multiple gameplay related mods, in total i have around 150+ mods back at 1.6, The game was fine, literally no broken quests whatsoever, just during 2.0, with absolutely zero mods, broken quests starts reappearing again like the Delamain AV of death bug and the whole Arasaka raid with Aldecaldos route... here's hoping patch 2.03 will be the one finally after all these issues......

Last edited:
I can confirm its happens on vanilla its my first time playing game and first time instaled cyberpunk on my pc and there is no promt to live panzer after talk with panam i send report to support like week ago and still no respond
Sorry if there was no response. You can check your spam folder in your email -- sometimes, the responses will get sent there directly. If not, then feel free to follow up. Responses should normally come within a week.

Plus i highly doubt bunch of texture mods, clothing and vehicle mods would go that far to break major quests.
Mods can do absolutely amazing things to break a game. Games don't work according to "human" logic. It is passingly common that a mod will break a seemingly unrelated part of the game. Anything from dirty edits to mechanics that don't work exactly as an author thinks they do.

More commonly, it's when a mod is removed that crazy issues result. Reference data in the save state that no longer point to existing assets can result in everything from crashing to graphical corruption to mechanics no longer working to quests breaking completely.

But most importantly for issues such as this, it's critical to identify that the problems occur in vanilla. There is no support for modded games. Too many potential variables that cannot be accounted for. Ruling out mods is necessary before submitting a ticket.

Sorry if there was no response. You can check your spam folder in your email -- sometimes, the responses will get sent there directly. If not, then feel free to follow up. Responses should normally come within a week.
I send report exactly 24.10.2023 and at this moment i got nothing and im alwyas check spam folder.
Post automatically merged:

But most importantly for issues such as this, it's critical to identify that the problems occur in vanilla.
Like i said its my first time playing cyberpunk and i dont have and never had any mods. So yes this problem occur in vanilla.

Other endings is unaffected and runs normally fine, even the new PL ending, with mods installed, yes with mods, even back at 1.6 Panam ending was unaffected and i had like 100+ mods back then. Just this time, with no mods, the Panam's route is broken, well... i can try to replay the game again, from beginning, with absolute zero mods, and see how it goes, just for the sake of clean pure unmodded save... if CDPR didn't outrun me with 2.03 patch and fixed it before i even reach Hanako at Embers lol

I send report exactly 24.10.2023 and at this moment i got nothing and im alwyas check spam folder.
Feel free to follow up on it. You should have received a confirmation that the ticket was received, at the least.

Other endings is unaffected and runs normally fine, even the new PL ending, with mods installed, yes with mods, even back at 1.6 Panam ending was unaffected and i had like 100+ mods back then. Just this time, with no mods, the Panam's route is broken, well... i can try to replay the game again, from beginning, with absolute zero mods, and see how it goes, just for the sake of clean pure unmodded save... if CDPR didn't outrun me with 2.03 patch and fixed it before i even reach Hanako at Embers lol
That's what I mean: it must be a 100% vanilla playthrough on a 100% vanilla installation. If you ever used mods, it will be there in the data. The team will be able to see it, but there's no way they can account for what the mods have done. Hence, there's no support for it.

Also, you don't need to go through all of that -- I think there will be enough other people submitting vanilla save files that they can figure out what's happening. If you're intending to play through again, though, by all means, send it in!

Facing a very similar issue , everything is fine up until "Queen of the highway" , I get into the basilisk tank but when Panam asks me "are you ready" there is NOTHING I can do , no option to talk , no reply , even leaving the PC running for 30 minutes + everything is still stuck there, I do not even get the usual responses when you dont do anything like "....hellooo... V ?"

Nothing Panam just stares at me

Attachments

• talk.jpg
    talk.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 46
Would be nice to at least get some sort of acknowledgement from someone on the development team that they are aware of a bug breaking the most commonly used vanilla ending.

Top Bottom