Blue Coin suggestion.

+
So, the most annoying problem with the Blue Coin is: you can easily lose on even, and then your opponent gets a free advantage (which he actually doesn't deserve, the game just gave it to him for no reason).

Solution: If a player on Blue Coin loses the 1st round on even his stratagem goes to the 2nd round.

Then it will help somehow to defend against unfair bleed. Blue Coin player will still have -1 card in the 3rd round, but at least it gives him a chance to not get 2-0. Or, if an opponent will be too greedy it gives a chance to get a card back (which is ok).

The problem with this is that there are decks that actually want blue coin, decks that use it to set up annoying engines.
Dealing with a TA'd Longship, Frigate, or Dunca is really annoying and you don't want the opponent to be able to abuse that even more on another round.
My suggestion is: don't build your deck super reactively. If you're like Nilfgaard with all locks and poisons you're going to have a god awful Blue coin round, so get some bronze engines to dump and maybe protect with TA or whatever. Just an example

Exactly - considering Blue Coin a simple downside is plain wrong. Some decks definintely thrive on Red, but as others stated, several deck types welcome to start on Blue and can capitalize greatly from a specific stratagem.

you don't want the opponent to be able to abuse that even more on another round
But he won't. The keyword was "loses on even", because I understand, that some decks might want to be on Blue Coin.

So, in your scenario, nothing will change. A game will go as it is now.
Your Blue Coin opponent will win a round or lose it with a +1 card most likely (and then he won't get a stratagem in another round).
But, If you somehow managed to win him on even, then you still can bleed him freely in order to shorten the 3rd round as you wish, even if he has a stratagem.

Actually, nothing changes, except that in some matchups it could reduce Red Coin abuse. Because Red Coin abuse it is not like some decks love particular coin, for me, it is close to using exploits.
Post automatically merged:

Blue Coin a simple downside
Actually, it is. That's why the devs try to balance it by stratagems.
But a 5 points stratagem pattern hasn't changed in a million years. It is power crept in some sense.

Last edited:
This won't happen. Tactical Advantage and strategems were created to help blue coin in the first place (they didn't exist in beta). If you are losing on blue with your strategem it means you are not commiting as much to the first 3 turns as your opponent is.

My scenario? What do you mean my scenario?
The circumstance that you described.

Tactical Advantage and strategems were created to help blue coin in the first place (they didn't exist in beta). If you are losing on blue with your strategem it means you are not commiting as much to the first 3 turns as your opponent is.
Yes, yes, were created to help. But it doesn't or does, but not enough. Ask any PRO player (I mean real PRO from tournaments) about Blue coin. I heard many many times how many of them were referring to the blue coin problem.

The circumstance that you described.
Alright but then you didn't address what I said. Regardless of the card-advantage situation being in danger, some decks are really good on blue coin, and buffing them will basically guarantee them the round.

Top Bottom