Borkh Three Jackdaws - Is he destroys your own units or just opponents?

+
Borkh Three Jackdaws - Is he destroys your own units or just opponents?

Is "Borkh Three Jackdaws" destroys your own units or just opponents?

One tactic is buff the opponent's cart(s) so they get burned, the other is to damage your own so they only burn the opponent's.

Snfonseka;n7271150 said:
It seems Borkh is not a good choice for Skellige.

You can play it, you need enough cards that can u use during his trigger and Sk can play a lot of good cards. But you use it at the beginning of match to timewalk your opponent. Not as winning Card in the last round.

Cards you can play during his timer.
Deploy.
Ermion.
Skirmisher
Queensguard.
Spies.

DeafBringer;n7269900 said:
One tactic is buff the opponent's cart(s) so they get burned, the other is to damage your own so they only burn the opponent's.

I plan to try and use Borkh in a Scoiatel deck with Yaevinn. Drop Borhk, wait till last round before he activates, drop Yaevinn on opponent row. Row gets weakened, Yaevinn scorched and you draw a card. Win, win.

TriforceDragon;n7301840 said:
I plan to try and use Borkh in a Scoiatel deck with Yaevinn. Drop Borhk, wait till last round before he activates, drop Yaevinn on opponent row. Row gets weakened, Yaevinn scorched and you draw a card. Win, win.

Yep that's what I always do. Borkh is also great if you have decoy, because you can throw something, then decoy before it gets burnt. My perfect Borkh combo (in round 2, if I won round 1) is Borkh -> Yaevinn -> Ciaran or Borkh -> Unit -> Decoy.

Enough about how good he is. Anyone got some cost effective methods to beat him?
Most borkh I meet just start throwing dmg spell or spies at me. more or less auto pass. And the. He play decoy... Demote works fine but still kinda useless agains many other cards so not sure if it's useful to put it in the deck just for borkh.

PandaLin;n7305230 said:
Enough about how good he is. Anyone got some cost effective methods to beat him?
Most borkh I meet just start throwing dmg spell or spies at me. more or less auto pass. And the. He play decoy... Demote works fine but still kinda useless agains many other cards so not sure if it's useful to put it in the deck just for borkh.

D-shackle Borkh just before the timer ends is usually the easiest and most effective.
(You can also use golden cards, spies and decoys of course.)

4RM3D;n7305560 said:
D-shackle Borkh just before the timer ends is usually the easiest and most effective.
(You can also use golden cards, spies and decoys of course.)

This pretty much. Spies in paticular are a really good play since Borkh will then toast the spies.

Alternatively if it is first round or you won the first round and it is second round, you could pass the round. Certainly not optimal and most I have faced who play Borkh try to use him when you are forced to win the round to maximize his effectiveness.

In general I think out valuing Borkh with a gold card of your own is the best you can do since it puts your opponent in the same situation you were just in, where he either plays around Borkh or passes the round. That or the aforementioned spies.

I thought Keira would protect my units from Borkh's ability but it didn't, what a shame :(, although I see no reason why it shouldn't

Surla;n7309710 said:
I thought Keira would protect my units from Borkh's ability but it didn't, what a shame :(, although I see no reason why it shouldn't

Same with the Quen Sign. It only protects against damage spells, not against removal spells, like scorch.

Top Bottom