Bug? Cannot draw weapons

+
Hi guys . I am at act 2 of the game and for some reason I cannot no longer draw my weapons.
Old save works normally.
I checked local files from Steam and they are fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Edit:"
It started after just I was completing "Gimme Danger " quest. At that point it was normal but fast travel an talking to merchants triggers it.
ı went to a previous save that was a couple of quests before "Gimme Danger" quest and replayed the game and got exactly the same problem after finishing Gimme Danger" quest.

Hi guys . I am at act 2 of the game and for some reason I cannot no longer draw my weapons.
Old save works normally.
I checked local files from Steam and they are fine.

Any help would be appreciated.
Edit:"
It started after just I was completing "Gimme Danger " quest. At that point it was normal but fast travel an talking to merchants triggers it.
ı went to a previous save that was a couple of quests before "Gimme Danger" quest and replayed the game and got exactly the same problem after finishing Gimme Danger" quest.
Some others mentioned the very same bug, and I experienced it a couple of times too.

- First, make sure there're no mods running in your game.

- Don't know about the others, but in my case, quick saving, then exit, and restarting the game with that quick game save fixed it for me. Could try it, might work.

- If it doesn't, would then recommend for you to restart your system first, and then verify your game files.

- (Something that popped up in my head just now), Can also try to remove all 3 weapons from their weapon slots in the inventory screen, then select "Default" in your controller, and or, mouse & keyboard, and or, keybind settings, quicksave, exit and restart the game.

This last tip is based on the fact that in my game, if I equip any csvmerge item while V is holding a weapon in the inventory, the game exits to desktop. That doesn't happen when V is not holding a weapon.

If there are no mods, consider to forward to Support your findings about this bug. Can use the link below.

Hi.
I am not using any mods. None of the recommendations has worked. So I am gonna try a new game. I hope it fixes my problems.

I started again and I am getttiing the same bug in Act 2

From a quick Google search, it may be caused by a value not resetting after a cutscene and triggering another cutscene is the easiest fix for that bug. People are pointing to joytoys since it's the easiest cutscene to trigger without fighting. Fix from this thread and this reddit thread. The results seem pretty conclusive, I suggest trying it out.

Further research all points to that.

If that doesn't work, your best bet will be CDPR's tech support's link from @Bartinga2077's post.

Last edited:
I started again and I am getttiing the same bug in Act 2
If that doesn't work, your best bet will be CDPR's tech support's link from @Bartinga2077's post.
Honestly, I suggest to report it anyway.
2 playthroughs and the same bug happen at the same time... it doesn't seem to be a "random" bug or @ranafuineluva, you're very unlucky :(
Closest category - "Contact Us" button and if possible, add a save file.

Top Bottom