BUG: Mill Spare Cards Has Wrong Value

+
BUG: Mill Spare Cards Has Wrong Value

It's a pretty minor thing, but still annoying. After milling all spare cards, I still keep 20 value on screen. Trying to mill again (having no cards) gives an error message.

UPDATE:

Brenex;n8717370 said:
That is NOT a visual bug as stated by Sunsibar, the game does not auto-mill some of your spare cards (the ones you already have when starting the game and have assigned to the starter decks are "locked" there apparently), and thus the screen will show you still have some to mill, but will not auto-mill them (in your case 20 scrap means you still have 4 spare bronzes that are not being auto-milled).

You can find the spare cards manually and mill them (you will have some x4/x5 times), then that display will go down to 0 scrap.

Last edited:
[Bug] Auto-mill doesn't mill all spare cards

As I mentioned here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...ansmute-uses-powder-without-replacement/page2, I can now confirm that auto-mill sometimes skips spare cards, just leaving them there.

Some examples I had it happen with are First Light, Hawker Healer, Thunderbolt Potion and a few others I don't remember. I had x4/x5 of these, but the auto-mill wouldn't mill them (it milled other cards, but not these). The GAIN counter above the mill button correctly showed 20 scrap, but it just didn't mill them. Manually milling them worked.

It's not the first occurrence of this bug for me, if that helps somehow.

Were some of those cards animated (premium)? Because they count as different instances.

Also, next time, try relogging first. The card collection might not have been properly updated to include the newly gained cards.

I had this happen too, however, I had the extra cards in my collection and built a new deck which grabbed some of the extra cards. as they were in a deck auto-mill would not mill them.
I removed from the decks all the cards in question and auto-mill worked fine.

4RM3D;n8644080 said:
Were some of those cards animated (premium)? Because they count as different instances.

Also, next time, try relogging first. The card collection might not have been properly updated to include the newly gained cards.

Nope, I double checked to see if they are Premiums as I thought of the same thing, but they are shown separately in the collection, and the regular ones had the x4/x5 tags (also got scrap when milling them, not the Premium dust), but the above comment might be it, maybe 1 copy was in a deck, 1 in another and so on, which still sounds like a bug. The game should be able to handle reallocating some of your remaining 3 copies to the decks that have that card, and auto-mill the surplus, since you can never have more than 3 of each in any deck. Also I don't remember this ever happening in Closed Beta, no matter how many decks you had using them, which means the game had a way with sorting that before, but broke in the meantime.

Last edited:
SigilFey;n8645260 said:
Any chance that the "stubborn" cards are ones that were received before hitting level 3?

Most likely yes, I checked and one of the Hawker Healers I manually milled (because auto didn't) had been removed from the Scoia'Tael Starter Deck, although I still had 3 left in my Card Collection, so there was no reason for the card to be removed from any deck, and I didn't edit any of the Starter Decks (I noticed because it had become Invalid, with only 24 cards).

SigilFey;n8645260 said:
Any chance that the "stubborn" cards are ones that were received before hitting level 3?

Sure! In my case it was 2 Rot Tosser cards (5 instead of 3 remaining after milling all spare cards...).

SigilFey;n8646020 said:
It was just a hunch. :) Go ahead and send this into CDPR Support:

https://www.playgwent.com/en/contact-support

It's still possible this has nothing to do with it, but it's probably worth a check.

Will do. Moving forward, should I just report the bugs over there, or post them here first? I don't know if they have a LiveQA team that monitors the forums and picks reported bugs up.

Honestly, it's up to you. In general, if you're not certain that you've encountered a "bug", it's best to check the forums first. Just saves everyone time in the end. There are lots of random glitches and stuff that are due to people's system configs, not the game at their source.

Collection screen milling bug

Submitting a bug report here as the bug report form isn't working:

Album with images for this bug: https://imgur.com/a/vLikB

After milling some spare cards automatically, I noticed that it said I had x0 spare cards but could gain +10 scrap from milling. The confirmation dialogue game up saying the same thing, but hitting yes comes up with a "Mill spare cards failure" with the message "An issue was encountered while completing the request. Please try again."

I have x4 Alba Spearman and x4 non-premium First Light cards, so that's where the +10 scrap is coming from. Hitting back and coming back to the collection screen did not change this or make it possible to mill the two card automatically, nor did restarting the game or GoG Galaxy.

After opening some kegs, I had some new spare cards. I could mill them as normal, but after milling them the x0 spare cards with +10 scrap still remained.

I manually milled a First Light card successfully, though I got a warning that the card is in one of my decks. I only run x2 non-premium First Light cards and x1 premium First Light card in my own custom deck IIRC, and I don't think any of the start decks have any more than that. Obviously no deck can have x4 of any bronze card. Sure enough, the automatic milling tool in the bottom left says x0 spare cards and +5 scrap. When I went back to check my custom deck, it went from 30 to 29 cards and one of the non-premium First Light cards were missing.

I also run x3 Alba Spearman cards in my custom deck. I left the extra Alba Spearman card unmilled so that you guys can check out what's causing the issue.

Helmic thread merged

Could you please contact support with the issue that you cannot contact support... wait, what!?

:thinking:
Okay seriously now, the only thing I can think of is that the image you have included in your report was too big. Can you please try and submit the report again, but this time with a smaller image (jpg instead of png) or just without any image at all?

Problem with scrapping some cards.

I'm currently having a problem scapping a few extra cards. I had just hit lvl 3 and scrapped all my extras, but it still says theres 20 scrap out there for me to get. Also when im going through my collection I see a few cards that have more than the max. But when I try to manualy scrap them it says im using them in my deck. Also, down at the bottom left where it says scrap spare cards, it still shows 20 and when I hit Y it says there was an error and cant complete the request at this time. (or something along those lines).

4RM3D;n8694300 said:
Helmic thread merged

Could you please contact support with the issue that you cannot contact support... wait, what!?

:thinking:
Okay seriously now, the only thing I can think of is that the image you have included in your report was too big. Can you please try and submit the report again, but this time with a smaller image (jpg instead of png) or just without any image at all?

It didn't work. The images were collectively under the 25 MB file limit. I can't submit anything, even though I was able to submit reports the week prior.

Yep, +10 "elusive" scraps for me, never goes away, gives error whenever i press mill spare cards.

As it was reported earlier, there is an extra card that can be milled in your collection, but game doesn't do it automatically, because "it's currently used in one of your decks".

4RM3D;n8606780 said:
It's a pretty minor thing, but still annoying. After milling all spare cards, I still keep 20 value on screen. Trying to mill again (having no cards) gives an error message.

That is NOT a visual bug as stated by Sunsibar, the game does not auto-mill some of your spare cards (the ones you already have when starting the game and have assigned to the starter decks are "locked" there apparently), and thus the screen will show you you still have some to mill, but will not auto-mill them (in your case 20 scrap means you still have 4 spare bronzes that are not being auto-milled).

You can find the spare cards manually and mill them (you will have some x4/x5 times), then that display will go down to 0 scrap.

I have already reported this here and on the bug report form:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...ll-spare-cards

Last edited:
Top Bottom