[BUG} No Voices in Phantom Liberty

+
Hi, I'm reporting a slightly annoying bug.
I'm currently replaying Cyberpunk 2077 from the beginning. I've been playing for about 20 hours now, and I've got a big bug: as soon as I play the Phantom Liberty mission, none of the characters have voices any more. But if I go back to another mission, the voices are clearly audible. I noticed one detail: not only do the characters no longer speak, but they don't move their lips. On the other hand, the music and ambient noises are still present.
I've re-installed the game, checked the files, updated all my drivers (especially audio and graphics card)... and I can't find a solution.
My PC is set up as it is:
- Intel Core i7 10700
- ASUS PRIME Z590-P motherboard
- 2x16GB DDR4
- AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT
- Sound Blaster Z SE
- Windows 11

Need to reverify files.
If used any mods, use cybernuke mod to remove every mod and then reverify files again.

Just to be sure, did you try to change the language?
To check if it's also the same in a different one or if it only concern in the language you play.
Good point. I've just tested it and it works in English. I switched back to French and it doesn't work anymore, I can't hear the voices. So there's a problem with the French voices.
So I searched a bit, and I noticed that..:
- In the ...\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\c\content folder (which should correspond to the base game), I have the 2 language files "En" and "Fr".
- In the ...\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\ep1 folder (which should correspond to Phantom Liberty) there is the "En" language file, but not the French one.

My question is how to get it (the GOG Galaxy installation parameter is in French).

Good point. I've just tested it and it works in English. I switched back to French and it doesn't work anymore, I can't hear the voices. So there's a problem with the French voices.
So I searched a bit, and I noticed that..:
- In the ...\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\c\content folder (which should correspond to the base game), I have the 2 language files "En" and "Fr".
- In the ...\Cyberpunk 2077\archive\pc\ep1 folder (which should correspond to Phantom Liberty) there is the "En" language file, but not the French one.

My question is how to get it (the GOG Galaxy installation parameter is in French).
Oh, someone posted a similar issue on the french part (but if he find a solution, he didn't posted it).
For languages, maybe you can check here :
(not sure, but maybe download the offline installer in french for Phantom Liberty)
How do I change the game language?

Just to be sure, did you try to change the language?
To check if it's also the same in a different one or if it only concern in the language you play.
I found a solution. I downloaded the Phantom Liberty 2.01 installer, and ran the install manually.. It installed the "Fr" language file. Now it works.
For me it's fine. The question is why GOG Galaxy didn't install it.
Thanks for your help
Post automatically merged:

(not sure, but maybe download the offline installer in french for Phantom Liberty)
That was the solution!
If I'd thought of testing in English, it might have given me a clue. Thanks again!

I found a solution. I downloaded the Phantom Liberty 2.01 installer, and ran the install manually.. It installed the "Fr" language file. Now it works.
For me it's fine. The question is why GOG Galaxy didn't install it.
Thanks for your help
Post automatically merged:

That was the solution!
If I'd thought of testing in English, it might have given me a clue. Thanks again!
Great ;)
(quite weird Phantom Liberty wasn't directly installed in french first...)

Top Bottom