No AI traffic or pedestrians spawning every so often - V2.1 - No Mods

+
Hi,

I've noticed as of recently that I am encountering a bug where there is sometimes no AI vehicles or pedestrians spawning in NC, this was before and after purchasing Phantom Liberty, at the moment it seems to be after completing a main mission or a side quest that involves going inside a building that afterwards no vehicles spawn.

It's very noticable due to vehicle delivery missions for El Capitan, where no AI spawn apart from the aggressive enemies for the mission and police , no other road traffic or pedestrians walking around.

Ped Density is set to High in the settings - Playing at 1440p with a mix of medium and high settings.

Attached a video of the event occuring:

PC Spec:
R7 5800X3D
RTX3070TI
32GB DDR4 3600
Installed on a 980PRO 1TB

looks like the same bug PL introduced with the „Moving Heat“ sidemission - which was fixed in 2.01 (or 2.02?)…

weird workaround back than was visiting any bar/club in NC… maybe give it a shot and spawns might restart again : /

looks like the same bug PL introduced with the „Moving Heat“ sidemission - which was fixed in 2.01 (or 2.02?)…

weird workaround back than was visiting any bar/club in NC… maybe give it a shot and spawns might restart again : /
I found that manual saving and manual loading the same save got the cars to respawn, so not really sure what's causing it, not running out of Memory, Storage or VRAM either, LOD settings are set to High and Density of AI is set to High as well.

I found that manual saving and manual loading the same save got the cars to respawn, so not really sure what's causing it, not running out of Memory, Storage or VRAM either, LOD settings are set to High and Density of AI is set to High as well.
It mostlikely doesn’t belong to settings… back in the days the game just didn’t recognized that you are out of the mission (Moving Heat in that case) back in free roam again… if you tell it’s similar in your case and it just appears after missions/gigs it might be the same issue.

Last edited:
It mostlikely doesn’t belong to settings… back in the days the game just didn’t recognized that you are out of the mission (Moving Heat in that case) back in free roam again… if you tell it’s similar in your case and it just appears after missions/gigs it might be the same issue.
Yeah, it does seem to be like that, as it is always after finishing a mission. So I expect it's another game bug.

Guest 4731916

Had the same issue. Some areas were pretty much dead and others were packed to the brim with cars crashing into each other or overloaded with NPCs. Was always at random areas at random times

I only had this issue once, not sure if it's the same bug you're experiencing. The bug for me was the "Balls to the wall" quest in Dog Town. I started it but didn't finish the conversation with Paco. I left to do other quests but after a few minutes there were no cars and no NPC except a few ppl near my apartment, but the roads were empty. Anyway, I had to go back and complete it and that fixed the problem.

Top Bottom