[BUG ?] - Playing Blue Mountain Commando into weather affected row to replay Healer

+
[BUG ?] - Playing Blue Mountain Commando into weather affected row to replay Healer

Came across this the other day and think it might be a bug. Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

Playing Scoia'tael, I had a unit on the siege row worth 4. I played a Hawker Healer on the siege row. The unit went to 7 with the Healer at 1 : total = 8. So far so good.

The opponent played Water Hag, spawning rain. My unit & Healer on the siege row were both set to 1 : total = 2. As expected.

I played Blue Mountain Commando on the siege row and used it to replay the Healer on the siege row.

What I expected :

BMC set to 1.
Healer replayed (also a 1).
Healer buffs unit from 1 to 4 and BMC from 1 to 4
Total for row = 4+4+1 = 9

What happened :

BMC set to 1.
Healer replayed (also a 1).
Healer buffs unit from 1 to 4 and BMC from 1 to 4
BMC immediately gets re-affected by the rain and is reset to 1
Total for row = 4+1+1 = 6

As the buff from the Healer to the BMC happened after the BMC was already affected by weather, surely the buff should have been added and remained.

I do not know if this error would apply to any type of buff to the BMC, or to any weather affected row. I did read a post on Reddit though that described a similar sounding problem when using the BMC to replay an Elven Mercenary that then played Swallow on the BMC. Again the BMC ended up on 1, not 9 as would be expected.

Have seen the same behavior. Seems like an issue with ordering of buffs/nerfs. Looks like the current implementation adds the weather effect last after the buffs are added to the unit.
Not sure if it's intentional or a bug. Maybe a dev can confirm?

It only seems to affect the BMC. Other units seem to receive the buff and retain it, but the BMC immediately loses it again. As the weather was already there and no new weather was added, I don't think it should be cancelling the buff. It doesn't for other units as far as I 've seen so far, just the BMC.

Perhaps it is caused by the unusual mechanic of playing the BMC causing another card already on the board to be replayed. Some clarification from the devs would indeed be helpful.

This used to happen to me all the time when I had healers in my deck. I don't think the issue is weather effect last, the issue is that it doesn't consider the blue mountain commando played until after the healer has been played. You would think it would go blue mountain commando - weather reduced to 1 when placed on board. When placed on board it triggers ability to replay other unit. Replay hawker healer, get +3 to BMC. I definitely don't think it's currently working as intended. Has anyone reported it to the reds using the report forum?

Top Bottom