[Bug-Tips-1.5] An easy way to acquire legendary weapons with special abilities.

+
I think it's "new" in 1.5 and obviously not intended (I'm sorry if it's not new...), but it's quite easy to acquire weapons with special abilities by using save/reload and skip time in weapon shops. Before, the only way was to count on GIG/Quest containers. Which were limited and above all, you must to be at least level 34 to spawn legendary items. Unlike shops where legendary weapons are always available whatever your level.

So how do it ?
In the shop (or outside), you skip time to "refresh" (24 hrs) the vendor's inventory, then open the vendor's invetory, then quit the interface (the game will save automatically when quitting), reload the last auto-save, then "re-open" the vendor's inventory. All the weapons will have now a special ability (abilities and number of mod slot are random).
If you don't have the "max mod slot" or the ability that you looking for, then close the vendor's inventory and repeat the "process" (skip time > reload > look).

Here with a smart assault rifle. So no ability the first time, but after two try.
- Ability to use the weapon without a smart link.
- Follow two additional targets.
12-03-2022_16-39-09-viz1sg0g.jpeg12-03-2022_16-39-55-mtwpuh05.jpeg12-03-2022_16-41-03-rjabcrwj.jpeg
All the category of weapons have their own abilities. For example, on tech weapons, you can have the great "2 bullets per shot" ability :)
PS : Sorry but, I won't report it to the support, for sure :D

Is it really an issue though? I mean if CP77 had any sort of MP I’d say it needs to be fixed.

but if you want to waste your time looking for weapons with special perks, go for it. The game is already so easy, even on the hardest difficulty.

but if you want to waste your time looking for weapons with special perks, go for it. The game is already so easy, even on the hardest difficulty.
As long as I play, I consider that my time is not wasted. If you don't care, it's fine, don't do it. And I don't think it's an issues or a bug who need to be fixed, like I said > "I won't report it" :beer:

In all honesty i've not came across a weapon i'd buy of a vendor anyhow, not when there's free and easy to get ones of all description readily available in the world and mostly better, same with clothing to a lesser extent.

I do use time skip to refresh vendors to buy more upgrade materials

Thnxz for the write up though

In all honesty i've not came across a weapon i'd buy of a vendor anyhow, not when there's free and easy to get ones of all description readily available in the world and mostly better, same with clothing to a lesser extent.

I do use time skip to refresh vendors to buy more upgrade materials

Thnxz for the write up though
For many weapons, it's true, it's not really that useful (like Lexington, Omaha,...) but for some weapons which don't have iconic version nor legendary version in the world, it could be nice :)
Few examples who come in my mind :
  • A legendary LMG with the ability "cancel vertical recoil". If you add countermass mod (cancel horizontal recoil), you end with a LMG with almost no recoil at all.
  • A legendary Carnage (shotgun) with the ability "multiply the kinetic energy of the bullets by 6 and increase the chances to overthrow enemies".
  • A legendary Ashura with the ability "reduce target locking by 50%" or "increase bullet speed by 50%" or "don't require a smart link".
  • A power weapon with the ability "Ricochet machine" (bullets have 100% chances to ricochet). Great for those who play with ricochets.
  • A Tsunami Nekomata with the ability "decrease the charge required to pierce walls by 50%" or "2 bullets per shoot" or "increase fully charged tech weapon damages by 40%".
  • In my case, an Overture (all the free ones were removed in 1.5) with the ability "decrease drawing time by half and increase damage by 20%".

As long as I play, I consider that my time is not wasted. If you don't care, it's fine, don't do it. And I don't think it's an issues or a bug who need to be fixed, like I said > "I won't report it" :beer:
Like I said, “go for it.”

it’s just that the perks are so minuscule for combat that’s already so easy, the reward isn’t worth the effort. You’re pulling yourself out of the game world to get these perks. Just seems counterproductive to me.

Like I said, “go for it.”

it’s just that the perks are so minuscule for combat that’s already so easy, the reward isn’t worth the effort. You’re pulling yourself out of the game world to get these perks. Just seems counterproductive to me.
It appears that games at these days, a single product has to cover many kind of demands from audience, those features earlier being more like exclusive thing, looter shooter thing or something.

There is that not going to these features is a thing too with this game.

These are not special abilities, but powerful weapon mods, which for some reason can't be put into the weapon by legal way, but can be spawned with console commands Items.PowerWeaponMod01 - 07, SmartWeaponMod01 - 05, TechWeaponMod01 - 05 and installed into any gun with help of save editor.

These are not special abilities, but powerful weapon mods, which for some reason can't be put into the weapon by legal way,
I'm on Series X, so no mods.
Then it's not "weapons mods", it's abilities who can be the same as iconic weapons which normally are only available on weapons in containers (like 2 bullets per shot on the Lizzie)

I'm on Series X, so no mods.
Then it's not "weapons mods", it's abilities who can be the same as iconic weapons which normally are only available on weapons in containers (like 2 bullets per shot on the Lizzie)
I repeat. These are MODS, which can be spawned via console and used on any weapon. The developers didnt have enough time to properly implement them into the game, so you could use them without console commands, but with them, these mods can crafted and be applied to any normal weapon. Here are some of them:
Без імені.png

Без імені.png

These "weapon mods" are in the game ?
Can you aquire/craft them (normally) ?
Nope... So whitout using "cheat" (console commands), you can't have this features on weapons (if "features" sound better for you because in the current state of the game, it's not "mods"), except as explained in my post or in containers in GIGs/Quests.
But as you wish ;)

They are in the game ?
Can you aquire/craft them (normally) ?
Nope... So whitout using "cheat" (console commands), you can't have this features on weapons (if "features" sound better for you).
But as you wish ;)
of cource you can craft them, but you need recipes, which can be spawned only via console commands, but you can't equip them into the weapons without save editor. Here is the list:

Power Weapon Mods
KnockdownEnemy armor for 10 sec. -10%Items.PowerWeaponMod01
PulpifySpread after each shot -80%Items.PowerWeaponMod02
FocusEliminates vertical recoilItems.PowerWeaponMod03
OverpenetrateHigher chance to knockdownItems.PowerWeaponMod04
StabilizerWeapon sway -50%Items.PowerWeaponMod05
SubsonicDrawtime -50%, damage +20%Items.PowerWeaponMod06
Ricochet EngineRicochet times +1Items.PowerWeaponMod07

Tech Weapon Mods
SupercapacitorFully charged shots damage +10%Items.TechWeaponMod01
Double ShotTwo rounds per shot, less firerateItems.TechWeaponMod02
Target AnalysisCharge amount to penetrate walls -50%Items.TechWeaponMod03
MicroreactorCharge time -50%Items.TechWeaponMod04
Black KnightDischarge time -50%Items.TechWeaponMod05

Smart Weapon Mods
MarkfinderLock-on time -50%Items.SmartWeaponMod01
AutocorrectLock-on last 2 sec. after losing sightItems.SmartWeaponMod02
TrackerTracks 2 more enemiesItems.SmartWeaponMod03
NanoinfectionSize of markfinder +25%Items.SmartWeaponMod04
BoostersProjectile speed +50%Items.SmartWeaponMod05

Some Random Mods
BouncyRicochet damage +14%Items.SimpleWeaponMod08
Charge SpikeCharged shots damage up to +50%Items.SimpleWeaponMod09
BatteryCharge time -0%Items.SimpleWeaponMod10
ScorchCharge hold 75%Items.SimpleWeaponMod14
BesmartUse smart weapons without cyberwareItems.SimpleWeaponMod15
AutoloaderAutoloads bullet, when reloadingItems.SimpleWeaponMod16

There should also be a mod, which lets you use ricochet without cyberware, but I couldn't find its spawning command. These are all in game, fully functional, but require a way to install them into the weapons without save editor. These mods exist since the release, and it is weird that in 1.5 they are still not implemented properly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the term "mod" means two different things in CP2077 - it is the name of the items that you can attach to clothing and weapons in the standard game, and it also means the plugins that you can optionally download and install to extend or change the standard game.

I wonder if perhaps, in other languages, the weapon and clothing 'mods' are given a different name? Yet the plugins might still be called 'mods', which could lead to unintentional confusion. If somebody says they have no mods because they're on xBox then they must be referring to plugins, not weapon mods.

The developers didnt have enough time to properly implement them into the game, so you could use them without console commands, but with them, these mods can crafted and be applied to any normal weapon. Here are some of them:
Hmm, maybe they were incompletely implemented, but another possibility is that these weapon mods are in the game because they are actually how the Iconic weapons are granted their special abilities (i.e. the Iconics always spawn with their mod) and it was never intended by the devs that they could be bought or used on other weapons. If they have game code that handles weapon mods, and it works, it can be better for stability and debugging purposes to keep using that code, that system, rather than write a new system for modifying weapons that only handles Iconic abilities.

Hmm, maybe they were incompletely implemented, but another possibility is that these weapon mods are in the game because they are actually how the Iconic weapons are granted their special abilities (i.e. the Iconics always spawn with their mod) and it was never intended by the devs that they could be bought or used on other weapons. If they have game code that handles weapon mods, and it works, it can be better for stability and debugging purposes to keep using that code, that system, rather than write a new system for modifying weapons that only handles Iconic abilities.
At the end, it all matter of "words" :)
Because these abilities/features/effects, even added in the game files by mods/attachments, are not "something" that you can add/remove/change on your weapons by your own. Either a weapon have one, either it doesn't...

It's an interesting find.

I'd just like to say that, if someone shares something about the game in its vanilla state, then there's no need for anyone to start talking about anything that can be done via modifications to the game.

Top Bottom