Can't shoot

+
Hello. So, I haven't played Cyberpunk in months. When I re downloaded and started playing it, I've discovered in all my saves, I can't shoot or fire my weapon. I have no idea why. Even from the manual save in the beginning where I had to shoot from the car, but I can't fire the weapon. What's going on? What should I do? This seems like a common glitch, but not in this massive scale where Cyberpunk just becomes unplayable.

Thing is tho, I can still melee attack and use swords. Which is good. But, I wanna shoot a fire a pistol.

What platform? If you're on PC, are you using any mods? IF you're using mods, have you installed the newest versions or tried uninstalling them? have you tried updating or re-installing the game? have you tried a new game to see if the saves are corrupted or if the game is completely broken? Have you updated any drivers like graphics card on PC or OS if on console?

Try clearing the Xbox's cache you can do that by unplugging it for 2 mins, holding the Xbox power button on and then just restarting it.

Also make sure you're on the most current version available for Xbox one, which I think is 1.63. I know previous gen consoles did not get 2.0/Pl so going off memory I'm pretty sure is 1.63 so definitely check the version number as well as clearing the cache.

Im trying to get it to but its not working. I checked. The version is 1.6.1.0. Is that the 1.63? or how do i get the update?

I'm not tech savy, but the way youre saying. I just have to turn off the console first before unplugging it? For about 2 minutes. Then hit the power button, for how long? and then restart?

To update the game, you should be able to just "Check For update" in the menu for the game/application in the Xbox menu NOT the game itself. I'm going to use the Xbox app for PC as an example here, But the option should be under the "Manage" section and using the below screen shot (Starfield is the game I opened) it should look something like this:

1700444055367.png

I think the Xbox one interface and the Xbox for PC interface are pretty similar but if I'm being honest, It's been a while since I've used my Xbox OneX I'm mostly on PC or Ps5. It might not look exactly like this on the Xbox, but it should look close to it.

To clear cache you can follow the step-by-step instructions linked here: How to Clear the Cache on Xbox One Consoles (lifewire.com)
There is also a simplified guide on IGN you can find Here: How to Clear Cache on Xbox One X - Xbox One Guide - IGN

But the short version is, basically you'll press and hold the button for a few seconds until it turns off, Unplug the system wait two minutes, plug it back in, hold the power button for a few seconds until it turns back on, and that should do it. You should note there is more than one method which is why I linked those articles, but unplugging it for 2 minutes is the easiest way especially if you're not great with tech.

Okay. Thanks. I'll use those steps and get back to you.
Post automatically merged:

Ugh, it doesn't matter if I tried every single step on the link provided and then tried again with the other step. Or unplugging it for two minutes. I tried a soft reset from the hardware console which I used the part where i just reset while keeping my games and apps, but deleting everything including my saves? It took a bit and when it all passed, I still have my saves. But the same issue persists.

When I first started up Cyberpunk after not playing it for months, it gave me the most recent update that I probably havent downloaded. I think that update made it unplayable specifically where I can't shoot pistols. Even on Nomad that when you get chased by people on cars. I can't shoot. But I can do melee. So, I still have my old saves, but if I deleted everything, I still get past the first level where I have to shoot from a vehicle.

Cyberpunk 2077. Still disappointing in 2023. Even since launch. It was going well. It really was. And then, the inability to shoot pistols just makes the whole thing unplayable on the Xbox.

II'm sorry. I know you tried to help. And I appreciate it. But they really need to do a new update to fix the unable-to-shoot thing for consoles. Cause I think that first update I got? When i first booted it up? I think it might have reverted my game back to 1.6.1.0 version.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, PS4 and Xbox One are not getting any more support. CDPR is only working on PC and Next Gen systems now, which kinda sucks for people who haven't made the switch yet. Part of my gets it, the 2.0 stuff couldn't work properly on old systems and supporting 2 different versions of the game takes a lot of resources and time.... but on the other hand, it isn't great for the consumer.

I'd recommend submitting a support request here: Cyberpunk 2077 - Xbox | Technical Support — CD PROJEKT RED Maybe someone from the support team can figure out what's going on.

The last thing I can recommend is making sure cloud saves/cross play is disabled, I've seen some people on here report it causes some issues for them I personally haven't run into any issues with it but it couldn't hurt. :shrug:

Top Bottom