Can't start "Chippin' In" quest

+
I have the fix guys. Its a bug that I've never had before so I had to study up but this is what I did:

Step 1: Select a different quest then select "chippin in" again.

Step 2: Save the game then shut the game down entirely. Start and load back in.

Step 3: Wait an hour, then go do a minimap quest. (I did sweet dreams as recommended by a few others having this issue)

Step 4: complete the quest and then run around town for a bit or go start another quest)

Step 5: Rouge should call you soon after.

Side note, not sure if you need to do sweet dream itself. If other quests work lmk.
I appreciate you trying to help but I believe that's for another bug where people were not getting Rogue to call. The one I'm having (and some other people too) is not getting Johnny to appear when we arrive in Afterlife. The quest pointer points inside Afterlife right behind the bouncer and nothing happens.
Well I still did try the steps you posted but they did nothing.

Ahh I see my bad, thought it might be similar. Only thing I could think of in that case is that maybe johnny has appeared somewhere during dialog and doesn't want to show up at afterlife till you've talked to him. Just gonna throw out a suggestion but probs won't help. Have you gotten ken blocks car yet? Maybe that'll get johnny to get his arse in gear if you spawn him there. Just a thought.

Ahh I see my bad, thought it might be similar. Only thing I could think of in that case is that maybe johnny has appeared somewhere during dialog and doesn't want to show up at afterlife till you've talked to him. Just gonna throw out a suggestion but probs won't help. Have you gotten ken blocks car yet? Maybe that'll get johnny to get his arse in gear if you spawn him there. Just a thought.
Yeah I've gotten that car and Johnny has appear multiple times while I've been doing dlc stuff already. The Afterlife trigger just doesn't want to work. Only thing where I constantly see him "stuck" is the Megabuilding H10 apartment couch, but I dunno if that's normal. He just sits there and always has the same 2 yellow dialogue options about Rogue and I've clicked them through multiple times so :shrug:

Yeah.
I have same issue too: no Johnny in Afterlife but he sitting in Megabuilding H10 apartment couch with two yellow dialog options.
I've tried to switch off all mods, reinstall game and other shaman dances... No luck :shrug:
Very dissapointed :(

Patch 2.02 don`t fix this -.-
That's ridiculous, we waited for so long for nothing? They just decide to break one of the best questline and leave it where it is
Btw i doesn't get how this topic so nisch, i saw ppl that claim they have this problem on non modded client's, i saw people that claim in 2.0.0 it was worked properly, but this thread have so little people. What trigger this bug exacly, i cant understand

That's ridiculous, we waited for so long for nothing? They just decide to break one of the best questline and leave it where it is
Btw i doesn't get how this topic so nisch, i saw ppl that claim they have this problem on non modded client's, i saw people that claim in 2.0.0 it was worked properly, but this thread have so little people. What trigger this bug exacly, i cant understand
First, everyone who use or used* mods, can post a list of all their mods. With luck, you will manage to find a mod you all use or used at some point.

* And I insiste on "or used" because in 1.63, there was a bug which make player die instantly during Pyramid Song while diving with Judy. But despite of what many claimed (i.e they don't use mod so it was mandatory due to the game...), the issue was due to Enhanced Romance mod.
If you activated this mod even once during your playthrough, no matter if you removed it or even performed a clean install of the game afterward, you would die during Pyramid Song (the issue was permanently stuck in your save files). So obviously, a bug that CDPR did not fix...

The only thing that did help was in the end deinstalling all mods.

I did start a new game (PL beginning though) with mods - did all missions which are needed to proc Chippin' in - turned off mods in the starting screen - didn't track the quest - drove to Afterlive - no Johnny. Only thing which did help was then deinstalling all mods and reloading the game and driving to Afterlife again without tracking the quest - tadaaaa Johnny is there.

The only thing that did help was in the end deinstalling all mods.

I did start a new game (PL beginning though) with mods - did all missions which are needed to proc Chippin' in - turned off mods in the starting screen - didn't track the quest - drove to Afterlive - no Johnny. Only thing which did help was then deinstalling all mods and reloading the game and driving to Afterlife again without tracking the quest - tadaaaa Johnny is there.
Well I did try that method too since I never tried to do those two together, I only ever tried uninstalling all mods and also tried the "don't track quest and drive there" seperately. Still didn't help me unfortunately. :(

Well I did try that method too since I never tried to do those two together, I only ever tried uninstalling all mods and also tried the "don't track quest and drive there" seperately. Still didn't help me unfortunately. :(
Did you repair you gamefiles? Cause some mods can alter them.

Did you repair you gamefiles? Cause some mods can alter them.
Yeah I moved uninstalled all mods in vortex mod manarer and the purged them. Then I verified the inegrity of game files and did the steps you mentioned. Glad it worked for you and hope it does for someone else too. One thing I could still try is doing a complete fresh install of the game but my internet is so damn slow that it would take half a day to download it again.

I can safely say that its not a mod issue. I happen to have my old pre 2.0 save file and I was just about to do the Chippin in quest there. I made a new character for 2.0 and the quest is bugged, however it works on the old save file. And I had WAY more mods installed on that file. I tried submitting a bug report with 2 save files attached with no luck. Once I press the "submit" button, nothing happens. Tried on several browsers.
Im considering continuing my game on the old save, but that ruins my immersion completely. Heres hoping they fix it in 3.0

Heya,
If someone with this problem is still looking around, i managed to somehow fix it, i have no idea if this is mod related but what i did was reinstall the game(full clean install) and loaded a save before the talk to johny in the hotel, so try doing the Alt quest again or if u perhaps have a save exiting the church from VB's , (the save i ran was from previous install where mods where installed so i guess it will work if that's the case for you) i got a feeling that the choices u choose when u talk to johny in the hotel also matter for some reason, but if it doesn't work for you the first time atleast try to see if you choose different dialogue options works, i always chose the same options and as soon as i chose ''Let me think about it'' instead of first choice when he talks about taking over your body for a while, I drove to afterlife and he appeared , good think to notice too, there were no cars parked in the parking lot when i arrived unlike other times, also the doorman says ''Welcome back'' idk if i missed it before but that caught my ear this time.

Even if it is caused by mod offering us a way like a console command code to force Johnny to spawn there would've been helpful, no way in hell that it's diffuicult for them.

Having the same problem now... I talked to Johnny in the hotel in Pacifica after the quest with the parade and agreed to let him take over, but when I enter the Afterlife, he's not there. Not sure if this has anything to do with it at all, but he is, as others have reported, sitting on my couch in Megabuilding H10, talking about Alt. After having exhausted all the dialogue options I can get up, causing him to disappear, but he promptly respawns on the couch and the same conversation about Alt will be in yellow, as if it was new information. Talking about Alt at that point of the game seems a bit random, since it's been a good while since the Voodoo Boys quest leading to her... was that supposed to have triggered earlier somehow, causing it to be stuck there now? Or was the Alt talk always supposed to be this long after the actual Alt quest?

Having the same problem now... I talked to Johnny in the hotel in Pacifica after the quest with the parade and agreed to let him take over, but when I enter the Afterlife, he's not there. Not sure if this has anything to do with it at all, but he is, as others have reported, sitting on my couch in Megabuilding H10, talking about Alt. After having exhausted all the dialogue options I can get up, causing him to disappear, but he promptly respawns on the couch and the same conversation about Alt will be in yellow, as if it was new information. Talking about Alt at that point of the game seems a bit random, since it's been a good while since the Voodoo Boys quest leading to her... was that supposed to have triggered earlier somehow, causing it to be stuck there now? Or was the Alt talk always supposed to be this long after the actual Alt quest?
I'd like some more information about that too. Is Johnny sitting in the H10 apartment couch, having yellow dialogue about Alt that can't be exhausted, normal behaviour. I can't remember if he was supposed to act like that or if it's bugged too and maybe somehow related to why he doesn't appear in Afterlife? I might just have to bite the bullet and try fresh install of the game but battling with this bug has kinda drained my motivation to spend the whole day to re-download the game. Glad if some people managed to fix it somehow, but I hope we all get through this eventually.

Same issue. Would be good if devs would fix it in the next update. Is it so hard to make sure that he appears?

And... i have this bug too, game modded, but i see this bug even in vanilla. Somebudy have a console command that restart the quest or change stage of quest?

Top Bottom