Can't start "Chippin' In" quest

+
So, I finally decided to dive into the "Chippin' In" quest before going through the last story quest, but it seems I've hit a roadblock. Every time I roll up to the Afterlife, Johnny's a no-show in his expected spot, and I'm stuck at the "Go to the Afterlife" step.

Anyone else been here before? I've tried advancing the clock 24 hours, saving and reloading, completing other side quests, but nothing changes this. Any tips? Any way to solve this apart from loading up an earlier save and losing potentially 20 hours of playtime since I first picked the quest up?

By the way this is on PC if it helps

I'm having the same issue. Nothing I've tried so far has worked, I've even gone back to saves hours before getting the quest. But he refuses to show up for me. Any luck for you?

Same thing here. I've tried reloading to earlier saves, waiting time, doing side jobs, disabling all mods. All I can think of besides starting a new game or just reinstalling.

Same problem - I left this quest to the very end and can't even start it.... It looks like some script isn't running and Johnny doesn't show up in Afterlife.

The funny thing is that in the Polish version this quest is called "Where is Johnny?" and I just can't find him :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 211
Same problem, i think its because i started playing dlc, at somepoint it bugged and on the menu it says that i finished Johny questline, despite that i have it in the quest list
Maybe devs give us an answer? Replaying 30 hours before dlc doesn't sound like a good solution

Yup having the exact same problem. First I thought it was because of all the mods I'm using but I've tried disabling ALL mods and reloading older saves and no success. Tried passing time (multiple days) inside Afterlife and in our apartment both. I've tried saving inside Afterlife and loading the save. Nothing have helped so far. At least I've heard people having the exact same issue without ever using any mods so I know it's not because of the mods I use. Really annoying not being able to progress this very important quest chain and I'm running out of other things to do, besides finishing the DLC.

@Kaklhackl
Starting DLC doesn`t cause this problem. I had all the side missions done without starting the DLC, from the main mission all that was left was to go to Hanako and the quest that is the problem. Some script doesn`t start when entering Afterlife, but there is no logic as to what causes it.

Edit.
I downloaded a save where Johnny is already in the "Afterlife" (he disappears and reappears without any problem), but I noticed that in the "Afterlife" there is no Rogue,, so I do not know if there is a problem with her script. I even tried editing the save through the "quest facts" modification, but there is no response.

Last edited:
@Kaklhackl
Starting DLC doesn`t cause this problem. I had all the side missions done without starting the DLC, from the main mission all that was left was to go to Hanako and the quest that is the problem. Some script doesn`t start when entering Afterlife, but there is no logic as to what causes it.

Edit.
I downloaded a save where Johnny is already in the "Afterlife" (he disappears and reappears without any problem), but I noticed that in the "Afterlife" there is no Rogue,, so I do not know if there is a problem with her script. I even tried editing the save through the "quest facts" modification, but there is no response.
Rouge doesn't need to be in the building, didn't she? You take the pill, cutscene starts where Johny acting like a dork and then he meet up with her
I watched starting moment when tried to understand what im doing wrong and Johny says "Rogue will be there soon"

@Kaklhackl
Rouge doesn't need to be in the building, didn't she? You take the pill, cutscene starts where Johny acting like a dork and then he meet up with her
I watched starting moment when tried to understand what im doing wrong and Johny says "Rogue will be there soon"
I think she should disappear the moment you enter "Afterlife," that Johnny might have appeared (that`s why he tells "Rogue will be there soon"), but something makes her still sit in her place. I hope by the time I finish the DLC they will release some patch to fix this....

Last edited:
Has anyone actually managed to complete Chippin in with no issues? i've seen quite a bit of posts on here and reddit. Should I just pause on my progression and wait for the fix (which I'm not sure is coming)

Has anyone actually managed to complete Chippin in with no issues? i've seen quite a bit of posts on here and reddit. Should I just pause on my progression and wait for the fix (which I'm not sure is coming)
I do, even twice but on Series X, so if you're on PC, it could be a "PC exclusive" issue :(
Did you send a ticket to the support ?
Maybe not to receive "help" directly, but mostly to keep CDPR aware about the issue you encounter and help them to fix it in the next patch.

I do, even twice but on Series X, so if you're on PC, it could be a "PC exclusive" issue :(
Did you send a ticket to the support ?
Maybe not to receive "help" directly, but mostly to keep CDPR aware about the issue you encounter and help them to fix it in the next patch.
I did not even get to it yet. That's why I'm worrying. and I'm sure ppl already reported it (and I can't really do it since i don't have all the details of the issue)

I did not even get to it yet. That's why I'm worrying. and I'm sure ppl already reported it (and I can't really do it since i don't have all the details of the issue)
To be honest, I wouldn't count on "other people" to report issues.
If you don't use mods and can't progress in this quest, feel free to send a ticket anyway. Good chance the support will ask you for more details (but if you include your save, they will be able to look into it more easily).

To be honest, I wouldn't count on "other people" to report issues.
If you don't use mods and can't progress in this quest, feel free to send a ticket anyway. Good chance the support will ask you for more details (but if you include your save, they will be able to look into it more easily).
i did, they said that they aware of it
1697473625894.png

It's good to know they are looking into it, I'm stuck here as well. The funny thing is I had just gone through the Chippin In questline in a previous save that I started during 2.0 without issues, but now in a new playthrough on 2.01 it is no longer working. Tried reloading my old 2.0 save before going to the Afterlife and now it doesn't work either. I was playing that save earlier this week without issues. Very strange...

Same here - with Mods though - but I heard that also with vanilla all the same? Can someone confirm that?

Hopefully they resolve this pretty fast, wanted really to clear everything before heading for dogtown :/

Same here - with Mods though - but I heard that also with vanilla all the same? Can someone confirm that?

Hopefully they resolve this pretty fast, wanted really to clear everything before heading for dogtown :/

I can only confirm that I have read people having the same issue with vanilla game, of course I can't confirm if they actually were vanilla or previously had mods etc. I really hope to get this fixed asap :(

Ha, it turns out I'm not the only one with this problem. I thought so because I couldn't find anything useful on google o_O

I have the fix guys. Its a bug that I've never had before so I had to study up but this is what I did:

Step 1: Select a different quest then select "chippin in" again.

Step 2: Save the game then shut the game down entirely. Start and load back in.

Step 3: Wait an hour, then go do a minimap quest. (I did sweet dreams as recommended by a few others having this issue)

Step 4: complete the quest and then run around town for a bit or go start another quest)

Step 5: Rouge should call you soon after.

Side note, not sure if you need to do sweet dream itself. If other quests work lmk.

Top Bottom