CD Projekt RED in the future

+
Ballowers100 said:
Didn't CD Projekt RED say to think of them as GoG instead of Good old Games from now on a few months ago? At least that is what I remember.

Yes, they said that GOG doesn't stand for Good Old Games anymore. It's just GOG.

Csszr said:

That depends on what they want more, control or profit. Some of those execs crave power, others crave money. "Control" in this case prevents them from profiting from other distributors.

Aver said:
Yes, they said that GOG doesn't stand for Good Old Games anymore. It's just GOG.

The way I understood it was that they wouldn't exclusively sell old games anymore, but I assumed their values hadn't changed. Meaning they would sell modern games that are similar to the good old games we remember (including NO DRM), most of which are indies. So in a way GOG still provides the good old games experience.

In any case, I don't see how any large company like EA or Bethesda would put up with no DRM on new games, when we know they are control freaks. We may see some aging games (like Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed) but those are well beyond their prime.

Aver said:

In a recent announcement GOG said they will be adding a few things to the name since just "GOG" doesn't make much sense any more. Adding another "O" was suggested to make it Good Old/Original Games. GOOG still didn't sound quite right so someone else recommended adding "LE" for "Lasting Edition". Since many of their games come with extra materials it was also suggested they add a "+" to the end to signify this.

Here is the new logo:

Top Bottom