CDPR: Free DLC early 2021

+
nowadays, it is called dlc to ship one third of the game and then sell other parts or release "free" dlc which was actually part of the base game :) i wonder when they will add microtransactions and multiplayer. a way to become ea

Last edited:
I hope this announcement will be the start of a more positive days for Cyberpunk. We don't know what DLC will bring to us, but my hope is adding world interactions and making game more immersive. This is my only problem with Cyberpunk, it's lack of interactivity. Bugs will eventually be fixed so no need to mention about that.

I'm not excited until see the details, but if it's something about interactivity, I'll wait for DLC to come before I start second playthrough.

By the way did they announce this in any social media or you just typed cyberpunk.net/dlc and find out the page?

Knowing how insanely good the marketing team is, most DLC content we see on that page won't actually make it in game /s ... All jokes aside, any post main game content/open exploration post main/procedurally generated missions/npc clothes..etc.. would be interesting.

i wonder what it is.
Could you share how you found this page? Despite following all the official social networks of Cyberpunk, I did not see any announcements about DLC. I wonder if this page was prepared long ago or if it just came out recently.

if they have ready this soon maybe is something that was in development quite some time. could be some additional stories or game modes like ng+. What I mean not necessarily cosmetic stuff

Don't get too excited....

0x1d8a7401e10 (264): [db]Fixer informs player about kab_01 street story that is part of DLC - since it's an additional DLC content, it should be a little bit more informative. We should possible include street name and some other details that may channel player's focus on this content
0x1d8a7401f20 (264): [db]Fixer informs player about arr_06 street story that is part of DLC - since it's an additional DLC content, it should be a little bit more informative. We should possible include street name and some other details that may channel player's focus on this content
0x1d8a7402030 (264): [db]Fixer informs player about arr_12 street story that is part of DLC - since it's an additional DLC content, it should be a little bit more informative. We should possible include street name and some other details that may channel player's focus on this content
0x1d8a7402140 (264): [db]Fixer informs player about jpn_09 street story that is part of DLC - since it's an additional DLC content, it should be a little bit more informative. We should possible include street name and some other details that may channel player's focus on this content

Kab = Kabuki
Arr = Arroyo
Jpn = Japan Town

So as far as the DLC that are planned goes it's just "street stories" as in more fixer missions 1 in Kabuki, 2 in Arroyo and 1 in Japan Town.

A lot of the assets for these are already in the game, including the subtitles and some of the voice over audio.

So as far as the DLC that are planned goes it's just "street stories" as in more fixer missions 1 in Kabuki, 2 in Arroyo and 1 in Japan Town.

A lot of the assets for these are already in the game, including the subtitles and some of the voice over audio.

Game really doesn't need more of filler missions. It needs more content that matters. More than that it needs more systems that bring more to the game play and it needs to refine almost all ready existing ones. Also there are the bugs...

Last edited:
Not hyped for this at all, in fact I'm at the point of just giving up on this game altogether.

Anyway I would imagine that this dlc would probably be something that should of been in the game to begin with.
I can also see the 6 month montage (something else that should of been included at release) being a paid for expansion, ha!

Still whatever it is I hope it is worth it as boy does this game need some life to it

Game really does need more of filler missions. It needs more content that matters. More than that it needs more systems that bring more to the game play and it needs to refine almost all ready existing ones. Also there are the bugs...

This game has too much "filler content" because nearly everything is filler at this point.
Adding 4 additional fixer missions which all of them are just as shallow won't change much, the entire fixer mechanic fills like one big filler especially compared to the monster contracts in TW3.

If the game had any depth to it the existing content would've been more than enough, but the level design is terrible and the combat is well a joke as there is absolutely no challenge on any difficulty even compared to other shooter RPGs where being "good at aiming" can be an advantage like Mass Effect or Deus Ex. When you can easily upgrade your pistols, rifles, swords even at low level to 1 shot mobs and just jump around from one mob to another killing everything in sight regardless of the difficulty setting it's a broken game.

The main story feels ok, it has flaws in it especially because there is essentially no adjustment period to Johnny nor is there a mechanic around your relationship with Johnny or anyone else for that matter, it doesn't matter who you kill, fuck or fuck over the game plays the same and that's a problem no DLC can solve.

If most people assumptions are true, a lot of content got cut before release, meaning that it's already there, but not yet ready.
Who knows

I would say it gut cut to make the game somehow run on PS4... but that is just me being cynical!

i wonder what it is.

I reeaally hope this DLC drops AFTER the two large updates slated for Jan and Feb. Unless it's simply a New Game +, that I would welcome early.

And remember, it says "early 2021" which technically could be March.

Console limitations, Corporate greed and Keanu (the trinity of shit that caused this game to be a shell of what we seen in 2018)
More demanding games than Cyberpunk run pretty well on Old gen console, also Keanu being in the game or not doesn't have anything to do with how the game shipped.

Old gen was not the issue, the game was just shipped in a bad state.
Post automatically merged:

I reeaally hope this DLC drops AFTER the two large updates slated for Jan and Feb. Unless it's simply a New Game +, that I would welcome early.

And remember, it says "early 2021" which technically could be March.
If it drops my March, it will be 100% cut content added back, no way they have the time to properly test,develope a DLC for Old gen+PC while also dropping big bug fixes on January and February.
Or it could also be random generated quest in a form of New Game + to fix the economy and keep people playng instead of just waiting.

More demanding games than Cyberpunk run pretty well on Old gen console, also Keanu being in the game or not doesn't have anything to do with how the game shipped.

Old gen was not the issue, the game was just shipped in a bad state.
Post automatically merged:

If it drops my March, it will be 100% cut content added back, no way they have the time to properly test,develope a DLC for Old gen+PC while also dropping big bug fixes on January and February.
Or it could also be random generated quest in a form of New Game + to fix the economy and keep people playng instead of just waiting.
I guess if you look at RDR2... yeah you definitely got a point. If they restore all the cut content we drooled over in 2018 by then, I'd say that counts as redemption. Also all the voice acting they said they had in this, (remember that photo of the desk with the massive piles of dialogue scripts sitting on them?) feels like only a fraction made the cut for release. As far a Keanu, I just keep hearing they reworked the game to have more of him in it, which caused the lifepaths to become meaningless (yes they are just rumors, but make sense if you think about it).

Top Bottom