CDPR needs to fix CPU usage on BOTH INTEL/RYZEN processors!

+
I FOUND A FIXXX!!! GET RID OF Windows 10 KB4592438 THAT CRAP BOMBARDED MY i7 3770k 100% CPU usage no matter the game including RED DEAD2! Now, My 2060Super is getting fully utilized again with Psycho Raytracing! back then I was only getting 50% Gpu usage and 100% CPU USAGE ALL CORES!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330786249

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2330786086

I had that KB, and I uninstalled it. But unfortunately it not do the trick for me, still same problem. What version of Windows 10 and OS build do you have? Mine is version 2004, OS build 19041.508

IMG_20201225_193339[1].jpg
OK so I found something that's weird, but somewhat alarming. I tried posting this with 4 pictures, but 2 of them were too big. I don't know if this is a glitch or something else, but my CPU's voltage and temperature was read at 0. All the pics here is when the game is at pause, and the difference between playing and paused is the GPU can go up to 60%.
IMG_20201225_193304[1].jpg

Tbf it's nice to know the game is utilising the full power of my CPU. We'd be moaning if it didn't so CDPR can't win, the game just needs optimising some more

So, having full power of the CPU is good? If so then I'm glad. I can close tabs about how to fix this stuff.
I'm running at about 80% and my CPU is about 65-70deg with minimal background tasks whilst playing this which doesn't seem too bad since my chip can handle 100 degrees before it throttles down. Running on i7 8700k but not overclocked, running at stock 3.7ghz
Post automatically merged:

So, having full power of the CPU is good? If so then I'm glad. I can close tabs about how to fix this stuff.
Well it looks like the game is multi threaded so thats good, they can squeeze more performance out with that and throw more tasks to the processor

I'm running at about 80% and my CPU is about 65-70deg with minimal background tasks whilst playing this which doesn't seem too bad since my chip can handle 100 degrees before it throttles down. Running on i7 8700k but not overclocked, running at stock 3.7ghz

Well it looks like the game is multi threaded so thats good, they can squeeze more performance out with that and throw more tasks to the processor

Mine is at 100%, but haven't had anything damaging. Hell, fps drops are rare to the point where I was actively looking for it; i.e. playing around with graphical settings, crowd density, etc.
Thanks to everyone that has helped me.

I had that KB, and I uninstalled it. But unfortunately it not do the trick for me, still same problem. What version of Windows 10 and OS build do you have? Mine is version 2004, OS build 19041.508

What about your processor? If it's AMD, it doesn't effect much (maybe not at all). If it's Intel, that's where my knowledge ends. Sorry. A few posts back someone said that the deletion of KB4592438 only effected Intel processors, but I have limited knowledge when it comes to Intel processors. Sorry.
Hopefully this helps you in a way.

Last edited:
Mine is at 100%, but haven't had anything damaging. Hell, fps drops are rare to the point where I was actively looking for it; i.e. playing around with graphical settings, crowd density, etc.
Thanks to everyone that has helped me.

What about your processor? If it's AMD, it doesn't effect much (maybe not at all). If it's Intel, that's where my knowledge ends. Sorry. A few posts back someone said that the deletion of KB4592438 only effected Intel processors, but I have limited knowledge when it comes to Intel processors. Sorry.
Hopefully this helps you in a way.

I have i7 10700K, can you post info about your win 10 version and os build?

It's best to report performance issues here:
(please click on "Contact Us" to send a ticket to CDPR support)

I finally had some free time and followed fully the procedure with uninstalling the nvidia drivers, installing new one, checking steam cache, getting dxdiag and so on. All this was captured on a video while I did this, and I filed the form with a support ticket. I hope this will help to resolve the issue for people like me with Intel processors.

Last edited:
Guess I'm old, but I remember when 100% CPU usage was normal. The reason you don't see it these days is because most games aren't programmed to use all those cores/threads. Guess I'm saying is 100% CPU usage is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if your CPU was the bottleneck... but a sudden increase in usage with no increase in performance would be cause for concern.

i7-6950x 10core/20hyperthreads

I'm not having any issues. My clock speeds are slightly OC'ed but just to round out operating Frequency to like 4Ghz

Tbf it's nice to know the game is utilising the full power of my CPU. We'd be moaning if it didn't so CDPR can't win, the game just needs optimising some more
that's actually a tell tale sign of poor optimization lol.

that's unfortunate. I still do hit 100% in CPU bound areas... I guess we will just have to wait till January and February then

I have a 3080 and an i5-10600K and this cpu sometimes heats up to 88°, max I've seen so far. If it is poor optimization, I'll be glad to see those numbers reach less volcanic temperatures. but then again, I like to put ALL settings to the max, so maybe its no wonder cpu usage goes through the roof

Mine is a full AMD build i made at the start of the year 3600 5700xt 16Gb ram and running the game from NVME. All measures should be worse than yours but I'm, with the latest patch, at 55-60FPS 1440p high settings 99%ish GPU 60%ish cpu. I've seen the same problems you reported with the same chips I have. I'm wonder if the fact that I'm running all core oc is what's helping (ie current engine build makes the PBO etc boost behaviors go wack).
Im on a 3900x and had all core OC before patch 1.06 but after the patch alt+tabbing would crash me so I went back to no OC and its fine a
I have an i7 3770k which is quite ancient by today's standards but what I've noticed from my friends who has an 8thgen and 9thgen CPU as well, is that we have a common problem. THE GAME MAXES OUT OUR CPU CORES no matter the settings! RYZEN users are reporting the opposite, the game HATES their CPUS and is barely utilizing them! something is broken even if the game is installed on an SSD!

Here are the links of multiple reports that I've gathered:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1279643-cyberpunk-horribly-low-fps-3080/

https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/kc11hz
https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/kafufg
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments/kcrykn
https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/90_cpu_usage

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np
https://whatifgaming.com/how-to-fix-the-cyberpunk-2077-amd-cpu-usage-issue-on-pc/

Here is the game running on my PC:

the game is maxing out my CPU easily and is causing issues with GPU usage.
I'm on a 3900x with a 2060 getting 50 to 60 fps on 1440p high settings, DLSS quality and have had no issues with the game and my PC. Stay around 50% CPU usage the whole time. I wonder how old your OS is and how many bits of uninstalled drivers etc. are in your Reg. Do a clean install of Windows and see if you have issues then. You should just get in the habit of doing fresh installs with upgrades to hardware and when things start getting wonky anyways.

Im on a 3900x and had all core OC before patch 1.06 but after the patch alt+tabbing would crash me so I went back to no OC and its fine a

I'm on a 3900x with a 2060 getting 50 to 60 fps on 1440p high settings, DLSS quality and have had no issues with the game and my PC. Stay around 50% CPU usage the whole time. I wonder how old your OS is and how many bits of uninstalled drivers etc. are in your Reg. Do a clean install of Windows and see if you have issues then. You should just get in the habit of doing fresh installs with upgrades to hardware and when things start getting wonky anyways.

I always do a fresh install of Windows 10 when a new version comes out. Same for Nvidia drivers always use DDU. This problem is more prevalent on intel CPUs considering that CDPR said "WE OPTIMIZED THIS GAME IN PARTNERSHIP WITH AMD" lol. Yet some AMD Ryzen users are reporting the exact same issues as mine. Go read back up on previous pages you'll see what I mean.

Mine Windows 10 was installed mid November 2020 and I only had two versions of nvidia drivers installed on it. I have few things installed - some games from Steam and Epic and PowerDVD and that's it, nothing fancy. In my opinion Windows 10 build version might be important or number of security fixes installed (some I could not uninstall because I have pretty fresh copy of Windows 10 with lots of Updates preinstalled/precompiled). That's why I asked if people who report "works for me" could post Windows 10 version and OS build.

Mine Windows 10 was installed mid November 2020 and I only had two versions of nvidia drivers installed on it. I have few things installed - some games from Steam and Epic and PowerDVD and that's it, nothing fancy. In my opinion Windows 10 build version might be important or number of security fixes installed (some I could not uninstall because I have pretty fresh copy of Windows 10 with lots of Updates preinstalled/precompiled). That's why I asked if people who report "works for me" could post Windows 10 version and OS build.

I found a weird video. Guy has a 6700k 4c/8t cpu like my 3770k and is getting low cpu usage. Although he only has a GTX 970 still, even capping the framerates to 30fps on my end has the same high cpu usage.

I'll try downloading the GOG version tomorrow and see if it improves from the Steam version.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with this game, the problem is I'm playing on ultra settings, but framerates are low between 25-40 fps (resolution 2560x1080)... my question is my pc can't handle this game or game works like ps4-Xbox one version? What are the best settings for my spec?

My Spec:

Intel i7 7700

RTX 3060ti

16GB ddr4 2144mhz

500GB SSD

Since latest update (CP2077 1.23, Windows 10, NVidia driver as well...), I get about 95% both CPU and GPU (9700K + 3080) with no improvement in performance.
Wouldn't be a problem, but now I get about 80C temps on both, which are about 10-15C more than used to be before.

Top Bottom