CDPR, Please make Cyberpunk 2077 as offensive as possible

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't disagree with the OP more. CDPR please do not do everything you can to be offensive.

Instead please spend you time creating believable characters who hold a diverse set of world views. Please have them explain and act within those world views and allow me to decide how I wish to deal with them. If I decide my character agrees with them, please let me help them advance their views (and gain enemies who disagree with those views.) If I disagree with their views, allow me to pop a cap in them, strip their good cyber, and sell it for cash.

Trying to be offensive just to "stick it" to some group who has an agenda you don't like is an agenda in itself.
If you really want to make an offensive game, make it so politically correct, the people wanting an "offensive game" in this thread cry tears of crystallised salt. Now that's being offensive! The people wanting an offensive game, being offended.

Seriously though, this is a dumb thread. It should be about creating a world. Not causing offense. IF something in that world offends people, so be it. But creating offense for the sake of it is just plain stupid.
I'm confused by this thread. Do any of you know the source material? Honest question. At it's core it's about individualism. The entire Cyberpunk genre is about it.

How is demanding they "make the game as offensive as possible" not the exact same kind of demand of the dev to make something YOU want?

In the end, CDPR is probably not going to listen to anyone on what to do, and do what they want to do. They don't need either side of this weird political spectrum telling them what to do.

And for those of you who are asking to literally be able to be a racist in the game, you really do need to do some research on the source material.
All of you just read the title and nothing more. OP meant to say don't be scared of being offensive.

There's an obvious difference between showing homophobia/racism/sexism happening and making a game that IS homophobic/racist/sexist.

Any piece of media that fails to make a distinction between this is going to face criticism, as it should, in my opinion.

'Be as offensive as possible' sounds like lazy writing and game creation. Zzz.
There's an obvious difference between showing homosexuals, diversity, and strong female protagonists, and making a game that specifically pushes these narratives.
Any piece of media that fails to make a distinction between this is going to face criticism, as it should, in my opinion.
'Be as inclusive as possible' sounds like lazy writing and game creation. Zzz.

I wasn't just responding to the OP in what I wrote. Obviously you're one of those "do as I say, not as I do" kind of people.
No, you can read my posts. I agree with everything you said in your post other than being confused about the thread. The discussion has been mostly people saying please CDProjekt do your thing, don't listen what other people tell you to do exactly like you did, and the rest saying that the game shouldn't be offensive for offensiveness sake misrepresenting what OP said exactly like you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom