CDPR's way of degrading the graphics of their games to improve performance

+
As we have all noticed, CDPR tends to improve the performance of their games by degrading the graphics here and there to make the game run better for everyone, but I think this is very wrong. If the game doesn't run well for everyone because of an inefficient computer, why does the treat have to be taken away from everyone?! Why can't they add the option for the players themselves to better adjust those settings? Some people have a powerful computer that can run this game with all the goodies, and they should also be given that opportunity. This is related, for example, to when the light effects of version 1.63 were degraded in version 2.0.

Can you share a screen shot of said light effects that have been downgraded? Cuz they have improved light blooms for example.

I'm not an expert on this stuff and this is just my opinion, but the guy in the video just really likes bloom. Lots of people hate that bloom effect washing out and blurring their screen. Comparing regular raytracing with bloom effects to pathtracing and ray reconstruction is not an apples to apples comparison and tradeoffs are expected.

It's another story entirely if the regular raytracing looks worse in 2.0 than it did in 1.6 but don't compare it to the stuff that is clearly labeled "Technology Preview".

I personally think it looks more realistic without all that light bloom, but it looks good in it's own way and I'll enjoy it just fine when I go back to 1.63 for other reasons.

Top Bottom