CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
https://time.is/PST

The tweet said standard time

lol

That WOULD explain it. For those of us here in the U.S., Pacific Standard Time of 10:00 happened 15 minutes ago. Maybe something for CDPR to internalize the next time they do release time announcements.
Post automatically merged:

I choose to look on the bright side.

If Cyphien is correct, the chances of those of us in this thread securing a CE copy just went up dramatically as those just looking at the tweet are going to assume the U.S. interpretation of what is meant by PST.

lol

That WOULD explain it. For those of us here in the U.S., Pacific Standard Time of 10:00 happened 15 minutes ago. Maybe something for CDPR to internalize the next time they do release time announcements.
Post automatically merged:

I choose to look on the bright side.

If Cyphien is correct, the chances of those of us in this thread securing a CE copy just went up dramatically as those just looking at the tweet are going to assume the U.S. interpretation of what is meant by PST.

EXACTLY. But also I'm not sure who to trust anymore, awkwardly hitting refresh for another hour at my desk just in case... I took the dayoff for this!!

Hey I'm only seeing what that clock tells me :)

"daylight savings time or daylight time (United States) and summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer, while sacrificing normal sunrise times"

So it is 9:22 PST and 10:22 PDT

Hey I'm only seeing what that clock tells me :)

"daylight savings time or daylight time (United States) and summer time (United Kingdom, European Union, and others), is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer, while sacrificing normal sunrise times"

So it is 9:22 PST and 10:22 PDT

Except the clock page you linked has a big banner over it saying its "not currently being observed". Your observation would have been right if it was Daylight Savings in the US. Its not currently. Now that's not to say that CDPR screwed up. But its factually incorrect.

Except the clock page you linked has a big banner over it saying its "not currently being observed". Your observation would have been right if it was Daylight Savings in the US. Its not currently. Now that's not to say that CDPR screwed up. But its factually incorrect.

That's right. PST is "not observed" right now, most of US and Canada are in PDT. But standard time is used as the international norm because not everyone uses daylight time. And some US states don't, like Hawaii or Arizona.

That's right. PST is "not observed" right now, most of US and Canada are in PDT. But standard time is used as the international norm because not everyone uses daylight time. And some US states don't like Hawaii or Arizona.

I'm just highly amused at how challenging it's been for me to give CDPR $250. :)

And at all the poor, frustrated people living in California, Oregon and Washington trying to preorder and not realizing that THEIR Pacific Time isn't the RIGHT Pacific Time.

That's right. PST is "not observed" right now, most of US and Canada are in PDT. But standard time is used as the international norm because not everyone uses daylight time. And some US states don't like Hawaii or Arizona.
The longer we wait the more I think you are right and CP (without thinking how NA would view PST) went international and bolloxed up the meaning of PST when directed at NA. Oh well lol.

A bit of a long shot, but if any mods are watching, are any of you plugged in enough with CDPR to give us an update on what's happening? Appreciate it if you can, np if not.

Sigh.... W T F CDPR. If you are going to set a time, stick to the time. Otherwise, just provide a date. There are going to be folks who moved plans around or work or other things who are going to be screwed now.

So a Twitter post "confirmed" that the US market was supposed to go "live" with pre-sales for PC Collectors Edition at 10am PST (or 1pm EST)..
Yet, as of 215pm EST, all the site information still says "coming soon"..
We can still be fans of CDPR and still have an issue with this nonsense; nonsense that should never existed to begin with... regardless of "who made the call" or whatever. It was idiotic and the backlash is deserved, whomever it should be direct at.

Top Bottom