Character Appearance Thread

+
Watched recently Nemesis series and it's probably not gonna happen, but I'd really love to have a body type like this in the game for females:

And hairstyle.

Watched recently Nemesis series and it's probably not gonna happen, but I'd really love to have a body type like this in the game for females:

And hairstyle.

Damn. Sue Price used to be cute :) Actually, original Nemesis, with Olivier Grunner was a pretty solid cyberpunk flick. The following trilogy with Price was not... Although, she was pleasant to look at, at least in N2. Before she buffed up on steroids :)

As for body and hair selection, I don't think that's impossible. On the contrary. That's a popular option in RPGs. In the demo the generator section seems quite extensive, however they don't show most of the options. Anyways, I second your notion :)
...and where's my Nemesis copy, goddamit...?

Why I'm skeptical because I don't remember any game offering a truly muscular body type for females. It's usually skinny, voluptuous and athletic, which is just middle ground between the previous two.

This is probably the biggest I've ever seen (or recall) in games:

But hairstyle - it's probably shouldn't be too hard to give dreads option. They just need to gives us option of choosing colors. I like blonde variant.

I don't remember any game offering a truly muscular body type for females
I think you could be quite muscular as a woman in Fallout 4, although there wasn't any musculature, just an overall shape (inverted triangle, rather than pear or rectangle), though this is probably because body shape was slider dependent which I suppose gives more control but requires a texture that works across the board.

How custom body types would work alongside cyberware is something of a concern. The animation for the mantis blade, for instance, seems quite intricate and might be difficult when there are multiple body types available, even if not taken from a slider.

I think both of the character designs are okay, and since there will be character customization, it doesn't really matter who they advertise. I personally hope they don't go with the basic cool looking character holding a gun for the cover, but instead show off the beautiful design of their open world. As far as customization options go, i'll be happy as long as they have multiple unique looking options (dreads, afro, ponytail), along with more standard options(bald, buzz cut, etc.).

Just either put nothing on the cover, or put something recognizable among all these brown haired generic characters... ZzZZzzzz :D

Nah, after all you definitely should put Trauma Team squad instead of V in the cover ^^

Would anyone like for their physical attributes to affect the way V looks? High strength = bulkier V, and no strength = skinny V?

Would anyone like for their physical attributes to affect the way V looks? High strength = bulkier V, and no strength = skinny V?
And the higher INT - the greasier hair. :) Since they're cyborgs, it probably won't be a direct correlation between muscle mass and strength. I also don't think devs would go depths like this. But maybe somebody will one day.

I also don't think devs would go depths like this. But maybe somebody will one day.

All of the Fable games did this. SCUM does it now. GTA SA had it. (And they do it in real-time -- as you increase / decrease stats, your character's physical appearance changes.)

While cool, I still prefer to design the look of my characters aside from their stats.

I wish we could see the demo from both genders. I also like SheV's voice so this might be the first game I pick the female character over my normal route of going male and basically trying to create myself in-game.

All of the Fable games did this. SCUM does it now. GTA SA had it. (And they do it in real-time -- as you increase / decrease stats, your character's physical appearance changes.)

While cool, I still prefer to design the look of my characters aside from their stats.
Figures. I didn't play or see any of those.

I think we should give male V a chance to shine! I'm hoping they'll release some updated gameplay with male V soon. I don't think he looks bad at all and I like his voice better than female V's tbh.

To your point about Overwatch, their character design is so strong that they already went and made female V. I love the style but I still can't see 2077's model without thinking of Sombra. With that said, Guy McVideogame isn't very inspiring and Cherami Leigh is a great fit for V's voice, so I'll definitely be choosing the female version. I just hope there are as many appearance options as possible so certain player creations can overtake the general marketing behind the default looks.

Yeah I definitely think no matter how you design your V there should be that design that shows its from cyberpunk 2077. Look at kassandra from Assassin's creed ossdey you know it's her no matter what she is wearing.

Also there should be different body types and more customization when it comes to V's face.

Yeah I definitely think no matter how you design your V there should be that design that shows its from cyberpunk 2077. Look at kassandra from Assassin's creed ossdey you know it's her no matter what she is wearing.

Also there should be different body types and more customization when it comes to V's face.

Sure. That's all part of coming up with a distinctive motif for standout characters. I'd really like to see totally unique clothing for V across the board, similar to how Dragon Age Inquisition handled it. So, if I put an "Armored Jacket" on one character, it would look completely unique to that character. Take the same "Armored Jacket" and put it on another character, and the look would totally change. So every character always had a distinctive look no matter what they were wearing. That was a really great system.

As I've said before my big concern with character and equipment customization is aesthetics.

What one person likes another will dislike, that's inevitable. And when you have a game where gear has stats associated with it this becomes even more of an issue, you're pretty much stuck with selecting gear based on those stats not appearance. So unless you can transfer the stats/appearance of one piece of equipment to another (I've seen a few games that allowed this, and LOVED the feature) it's really a rather moot point.

* As others have said, would like to see multiple body builds so people have some variety in how we build our character. Same with hairstyles, color of hair, etc. Lots of options would be great.
* NPCs - Witcher 3 was probably the best game I've ever played but one of the flaws in the game was that just about all the females had the same generic body build - it'd be nice to see some women who are skinny, some who are heavy, some who have a nice athletic build, some who have a curvy build, etc. just to build up that realism of variety that we see in day to day life.

Top Bottom