Clothes, and why are the best ones always weird somehow?

+
No I am not angry at anyone, just annoyed trying to create a new outfit...

Okay what is it with the art guys for this game and their love of tinkering with the best clothes?
I am trying do something with the Bolero jackets but that's a no go.
  • The best looking one (imho) is full of Tyger Claw graffiti so I can't use that. Besides I am dating Judy, that would just be awful to show up in that.
  • The second best looking one you don't get until the endgame so I can't use that.
  • The third best looking one is muddy. As in the art department decided to deliberately make a muddy version (and it's the only orange one). So again, can't use that.
  • The fourth best looking one has Shiv graffiti. The Shivs are just as bad as the scavengers and I am friends with Panam again can't use it from a story perspective either.
Basically I feel stuck with the 2-3 tops I already have because I can't make anything else work and i am tired of the ones I have. Apparently there are almost a thousand clothing pieces in the game and yet I can't find anything I like...

That's annoying, there are about 400 outer torso in the game :(
Just on my last playthrough, and far from get them all :)

Damn! That's a lot of threads...

As for the best clothes, on the topic op pants, if you live by the "thicc thighs save lives" creedo you should put female V into Utility pants. They have a wonderful bulking effect to them. ;)

No I am not angry at anyone, just annoyed trying to create a new outfit...

Okay what is it with the art guys for this game and their love of tinkering with the best clothes?
I am trying do something with the Bolero jackets but that's a no go.
  • The best looking one (imho) is full of Tyger Claw graffiti so I can't use that. Besides I am dating Judy, that would just be awful to show up in that.
  • The second best looking one you don't get until the endgame so I can't use that.
  • The third best looking one is muddy. As in the art department decided to deliberately make a muddy version (and it's the only orange one). So again, can't use that.
  • The fourth best looking one has Shiv graffiti. The Shivs are just as bad as the scavengers and I am friends with Panam again can't use it from a story perspective either.
Basically I feel stuck with the 2-3 tops I already have because I can't make anything else work and i am tired of the ones I have. Apparently there are almost a thousand clothing pieces in the game and yet I can't find anything I like...
On a side note (a bit of topic^^), just to point how some things make sense (or not) in the game, is totally subjective and different for each players... From what I've read on the forum, offering as many clothes in the game make no sense for a fair amount of players, knowing that it's a first person view and indeed, you don't see your character...
But according to your post, I assume for you (like for me^^), it totally make sense to look decent/good even if you don't see yourself while playing :)

1000`s of clothes and nothing to choose - sounds like a walk in a mall :)

With transmog it is easier but then if I look what mods are offering in terms of clothing, its night and day still.

1000`s of clothes and nothing to choose - sounds like a walk in a mall :)

If there was a mall. The problem is that almost all of these are random loot drops. The more clothes there are, the less likely it is that you find the one you want. Especially if these have artificial rarities.

Majority of them however are so ugly I would NEVER put them on. So its frustrating if thats all that shows up on the vendors.

Majority of them however are so ugly I would NEVER put them on.
I actually tried some of the clothes and combinations in wardrobe that I thought I would never wear and ended up liking some of them. Sometimes it's the correct combination that does the trick. Then there were clothes that I would have wanted to use, but they just didn't "look right" on my V. Corporate was a total nightmare for me to dress since I wanted to keep the "corporate feel" in it, but couldn't find anything to my liking from that sector. Street kid is always easiest for me.

I love to watch those screenshot threads, since there are so many cool looking Vs (modded or vanilla) which are totally different than mine and something I would never create myself, but they still look cool.

I actually tried some of the clothes and combinations in wardrobe that I thought I would never wear and ended up liking some of them. Sometimes it's the correct combination that does the trick. Then there were clothes that I would have wanted to use, but they just didn't "look right" on my V. Corporate was a total nightmare for me to dress since I wanted to keep the "corporate feel" in it, but couldn't find anything to my liking from that sector. Street kid is always easiest for me.

I love to watch those screenshot threads, since there are so many cool looking Vs (modded or vanilla) which are totally different than mine and something I would never create myself, but they still look cool.
I agree. Never played a game that allowed for so many cool outfit combinations. Agree with the OP on the logos. though. Would love to wear some jackets but don't because of gang branding

For me main problem was always large number of oversized pants which made V look like a hip hop performer rather than a merc.

very hard to choose one there huge number of outfit combinations.

Last edited:
I often just use the wardrobe to throw something on and then I analyze what I like and dislike in that outfit and change acordingly. I've ended up with some weird but still kinda cool combinations like that.
Sometimes I might also find a single piece of clothing that I like and then "lock" that one on my V and choose the rest based on how well they fit with that "locked" piece of clothing :)

This is one of my favourite outfits in the game for a female V
1672670360406.png

Well, after failing to save up for a bike for 75.000 eddies and instead burning 30k on clothes I now have two looks. Yay. Screenshots coming eventually

The last two years I've realised there's very few outfits available that I like my Vs to wear; basic jackets, entropism/militarism; mostly I'd just like simple/functional stuff so I can look like a real merc character from the 2020 books.

How difficult it can be just to find a simple, black jacket and mirrorshades has been maddening at times.

cyberpunk streetfighting.jpg

There are no 400 or 1000 outer torso pieces in the game, like some people here say. There are more like 10 - 15 with different color schemes and different name for good measure.
Same goes for all other pieces.

But the thing that bothered me most and to this late date is still a big eyesore is that some NPCs can wear much better clothes than V could ever hope to get. How in the world can NPC wear better stuff than the protagonist is beyond me. It's ridiculous that in modern RPG wannabe game one can not loot everything from a dead body. Bethesda did this decades ago :(

But the thing that bothered me most and to this late date is still a big eyesore is that some NPCs can wear much better clothes than V could ever hope to get. How in the world can NPC wear better stuff than the protagonist is beyond me. It's ridiculous that in modern RPG wannabe game one can not loot everything from a dead body. Bethesda did this decades ago :(
Yeah it's weird how a lot of the common street ppl have cooler clothes than what you can ever buy.
Post automatically merged:

The last two years I've realised there's very few outfits available that I like my Vs to wear; basic jackets, entropism/militarism; mostly I'd just like simple/functional stuff so I can look like a real merc character from the 2020 books.

How difficult it can be just to find a simple, black jacket and mirrorshades has been maddening at times.

View attachment 11340172
Yeah, I basically ended up there too with the exception of the Street Queen boots. It's my concession to bling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom