Cops Are Too Easily Aggroed By V

+
Ever since 2.0, the fine line that once existed and separated V from common thugs in the eyes of the police when it came to random firefights unfortunately is now entirely gone, because cops are now so easily aggroed that they severely break immersion just because V fired a shot in a situation where it's demanded.
  • I've joined so many of their random shootouts only to end up being their solely focused target in the very middle of those fights for no particular reason. Zero random bullets, all on target and still they aggro.
In this particular situation Maelstromers shoot first and all shots are directly on Maelstrom, yet cops get aggroed.
  • Whenever they're patrolling the streets, they'll entirely ignore gang members actively shooting at V and even join them against V.
  • They're far too easily aggroed to the point where now it feels like they're just there to f*** with the player and nothing else, whereas previously they were an immersive understaffed faction that recognized V as the good samaritan trying to help them survive.
  • They're also incredibly trigger happy because I saw them several times smack into a civilian on the road, which then prompted them to get out and unleash assault rifles on the poor grandma which THEY THEMSELVES drove into.
  • They also now even ruin NCPD EVENTS because they walk straight through them and will even attack V if a fight breaks out, while hostages are being held 2 inches from them. The whole point of NCPD events was to illustrate to the player just how terribly understaffed and overwhelmed NCPD is in Night City that the dispatcher herself is calling for any merc willing and able to help them clean up the streets.

It's really immersion breaking because this has happened more times than I dare to admit and it sucks seeing cops breaking immersion left and right as of 2.0 update. Their aggro really needs to be toned down when it comes to V's actions and they have to be adjusted to play nice with the established lore and world of Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
Agreed. I've had similar experiences.

It's happened so many times that I now always make sure no cops are nearby before attacking any gangers, even if the gangers fire at me.

agro with corps ...
just take time 15 min to do one task od Delamen car , the one player need to "destroy" the taxi delamen .
many times i trigger the cops because i get hit collision on the delamen taxi ..lol
as you said there's other task , you just do the gigs , all cops rushing at you

I noticed the aggro too, but it didn't bother me. I just hoped on a roof and went stealth until they gave up.

Not only is this new police system excessive and unnecessary, it's still jank. Yesterday I had a whole street of cops aggro on me because I summoned my car and got in
Wait, what?! :D

The only possible explanation I can think of is your vehicle maybe bumped into them as it was driving to you, because they are REALLY and I mean REALLY angry if anything touches them or their cars.

Seen so many instances where a civilian bumps their cars accidentally and they get obliterated in an instant with assault rifles :D

because they are REALLY and I mean REALLY angry if anything touches them or their cars.
I've crashed into cop cars a few times, but they've never aggroed on me. My experience is that they don't seem to care about vehicle-only incidents; only if someone on foot gets injured do they get hostile.

It's very possible I've simply not noticed cops-attack-civilians, though. I do recall seeing and hearing quite a few crashes.

I've crashed into cop cars a few times, but they've never aggroed on me. My experience is that they don't seem to care about vehicle-only incidents; only if someone on foot gets injured do they get hostile.

Am afraid this psychocop did not get the memo :D

Could be that it's just these scripted ones tied to chases and other open-world events, but still funny to see them go full-on blast mode even when they bump into others. Still... nothing beats this one where they almost ran me over while walking on the sidewalk :D

I think the game was better when you could just hide for a few seconds and the police would leave you alone. Getting into a full on Fast and Furious-esque chase for five minutes because someone walked into my car is annoying

Heh, I thought this was just me. The aggro is far too sensitive and it is immersion breaking.
the other thing a bit immersion broken , there's too much cops now , feeling i see more cops than regular npc xD
Post automatically merged:

I think the game was better when you could just hide for a few seconds and the police would leave you alone. Getting into a full on Fast and Furious-esque chase for five minutes because someone walked into my car is annoying
you can steel do that ,
this is unbaanced , you can kill all npc , and just hide a few seconde , but if you take you car its a long run with all cops rushing at you on the street ^^

The only possible explanation I can think of is your vehicle maybe bumped into them as it was driving to you, because they are REALLY and I mean REALLY angry if anything touches them or their cars.
After a few more encounters I think this is definitely the case! I entered my parked car today, and there was a police car right behind me. They rear-ended me and for that I (again) felt the full force of the law for my error. I took this opportunity to go a bit Cyberpsycho.

NCPD never aggroed me once since about 30hrs. I jumped several times in "cops fights" and they never turned on me.
But I suspect it could be because I only use blades (katanas/knives). So I'll try using a gun next time :)

As promised; managed to grab a video of how randomly patrolling cops now attack civilians due to their oversensitive aggro;

For context; the truck got stuck on the ramp (due to the currently ongoing bug with traffic) which caused the cop to try to avoid it, only to smack into the left wall of the ramp. After they went to reverse, they smacked into the truck and sure as day the cop got out and went to unload bullets.

Reason why he stood there for a bit without shooting first was due to NPC pathing and the angle, as the driver was obscured from vision until another vehicle smacked into them.

I got into a three-star police chase the other day and had a frantic drive around Watson to try and get away from them. I found it lots of fun and smashed up one of my only two vehicles in the process. I stole a police vehicle for a while but that exploded too. I eventually managed to evade them on foot by quickly changing levels and hiding. Then the chase finally cooled down and I lost my wanted status.

I was attacking some random gangers who were in a gunfight with police, I didn't spot my wanted rating increase and I think I might have accidentally spread a Contagion to an officer, which is how I think I hit three stars so quickly. It was certainly a merry little chase. Much more fun and immersive than "cops insta-spawning right behind me".

"COPS ARE TOO EASILY AGGROED BY V"

So now everyone can notice the real issue with the police system which is, a means to easily differentiate between a forceful act against a siv, or an accidental one.

As promised; managed to grab a video of how randomly patrolling cops now attack civilians due to their oversensitive aggro;
lol, what a mess :giggle:
Never see that yet... I suspect cops/NCPD to be also "broken" on my side but in the opposite way. They seem way too peacefull.
Get screenshots of me fighting guards in the middle of NCDP Netrunners, they don't even react to me or to the guards (they could eventually turn hostile if I stay too close for too long). I also tried with guns in case, doesn't change anything.
Cyberpunk 2077-2023_09_28-23_05_53.jpegCyberpunk 2077-2023_09_28-23_06_10.jpeg

Top Bottom