Corpo V and her responsibilities? (Spoilers for at least two story points)

+
As you might remember I started over at lvl 30 because I felt I understood the leveling system and stuff. And I did, doing much better now (still not a corpo, but I have seen that background just not played it).

ANYWAY, doing some quests for a second time gives you more time to notice stuff and:
I just did "Don't Fade Away", and when Johnny and the improvised gang tries to rescue Alt I realized that before the security wises up and start sending chromed up ppl with body armor, every single person you shoot wear the same clothes as corpo V.

Is this to say that she's not a pen pusher at all, that she really is more of an actual agent? is "counter intelligence" actually more of an actually "hands on" deal? The hint that she had gone to Mexico for some kind of special mission in the backstory also seems to hint at this. In fact, come to think of it, she and Stout might hold the exact same position in Arasaka vs Militech.

Last edited:
As you might remember I started over at lvl 30 because I felt I understood the leveling system and stuff. And I did, doing much better now (still not a corpo, but I have seen that background just not played it).

ANYWAY, doing some quests for a second time gives you more time to notice stuff and:
I just did "Don't Fade Away", and when Johnny and the improvised gang tries to rescue Alt I realized that before the security wises up and start sending chromed up ppl with body armor, every single person you shoot wear the same clothes as corpo V.

Is this to say that she's not a pen pusher at all, that she really is more of an actual agent? is "counter intelligence" actually more of an actually "hands on" deal? The hint that she had gone to Mexico for some kind of special mission in the backstory also seems to hint at this. In fact, come to think of it, she and Stout might hold the exact same position in Arasaka vs Militech.

She definitely wasn't a yuppie or anything like that. She was a counter intel agent, best suited to field work, with several military operations under her belt.

If you start a new playthrough and check her computer, check the Net tab and select the Arasaka page. It basically shows you V's Arasaka profile with various sections to read.

Like the previous post said, corpo V was definitely a field agent doing dirty work for Jenkings, mostly in the form of counter intelligence which basically means disposing enemy spies and sabotaging rivals. Either V was doing the job themselves or used hired help like Jackie to do it. In some ways V's role was kinda like 00-agent from the Bond movies and Jenkings is their M.
During the corpo intro you can also see V's skills in combination with Arasaka implants when V can easily beat up the thugs on the roof of Lizzie's hardly even lifting a finger.
As for Stout in Militech, Stout is more of a bureaucrat and operational officer and less of an actual "propper" field agent.

Top Bottom