Cow Carcass and turn end

+
Cow Carcass and turn end

Last round, we both have 1 card. My opponent has Olgeird on the board. I won last round, so I'm going first with my Emissary, who pulls Rot Tosser, throwing the Cow Carcass next to Olgeird. He plays deal 3 damage to entire row card, Cow Carcass loses 1 timer at the end of his turn. I pass, he passes, Cow Carcass stays on the board and I lose the game.

Is this WAD or a bug? Once he passes (or is forced to pass) shouldn't the Carcass trigger?

Thank you for the quick reply.
I'm a newbie player, so I might be wrong, but doesn't weather and other "turn start" effects tick once your opponent passed?

Does that mean that turn began, but it didn't end?
I don't care about my particular case, but in general if that's the case it sounds a bit illogical to me.

It actually ticks at the start of your turn. Cow carcass used to tick at the start of opponent round but it was a bit too strong as you had only 1 turn to react to it while being deployed from bronze card.
Essentialy, it's nerf.

Last edited:
freeelancer;n8837430 said:
Thank you for the quick reply.
I'm a newbie player, so I might be wrong, but doesn't weather and other "turn start" effects tick once your opponent passed?

Does that mean that turn began, but it didn't end?
I don't care about my particular case, but in general if that's the case it sounds a bit illogical to me.

The thing is. Cow Carcass triggers at YOUR turn start, not opponent's. With 2 turns timers it is like this:
1) You throw a cow
2) Enemy does something
3) it is your turn, cow carcass timer is changed to 1
4) Enemy's turn again.
5) Your turn start. Timer goes to 0. Cow Carcass triggers.

You may say that cow carcass triggers at the end of second turn of an enemy but whatever, it is exactly the same.

Alts-Gamer;n8841770 said:
You may say that cow carcass triggers at the end of second turn of an enemy but whatever, it is exactly the same.
There is actually huge differense.
If the effect would trigger at end of turn passing would trigger it.

MrRagdoll;n8842180 said:
There is actually huge differense.
If the effect would trigger at end of turn passing would trigger it.

Yeah. Agree. In these terms my fault and these are different things. I meant scenario without passing and overall user experience.

Alts-Gamer;n8841770 said:
The thing is. Cow Carcass triggers at YOUR turn start, not opponent's.
Yeah, I understand that. But the card clearly states "Turn End" as trigger. As opposed to Biting Frost stating "Turn Start". Assuming a turn that stats has to end, Cow Carcass (and I assume any other "Turn End" mechanic cards) works like "Your Turn Start" and the card description is misleading.

Ignoring card effects, any "Turn Start" card has an inherent advantage over "Turn End" cards because there are between 2 and 3 turns every match where, if conditions for activation are met, prior would trigger and latter would not. That does not seem logical to me, and IMHO should be changed, either in the card description or in the way mechanics works.

Top Bottom