Crafting in 2.0 kinda useless now?

+
Well... i collected all the mats needed to up my cyberdeck to the highest grade, check out the changes:

cyberdeck upgrade.jpg

You can't upgrade normal weapons anymore, if you craft normal weapons from the bluepoint, they are all clones - no rolls on stats or features, so once you level out of the "blue" stuff you 45k on the blueprint are dust in the wind, means it makes NO SENSE at all to buy green, blue or purple blueprints anymore. And since you can upgrade the iconic weapons to 5++ but not normal weapons, even crafting orange normal weapons is kind of useless, especially since you don't get random rolls on how many mod slots they get or if you can add a silencer or a scope.

CPR, check out what modders did for 1.65 and COPY THAT! This is really lazy, boring BAD game design!

Interesting, I am using a different Cyberdeck and if I remember correctly upgrading from 5+ to 5++ did increase some stats. Maybe it's specific to certain equipment

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't say it's useless, just not overly exciting and slightly lackluster.

The early game crafting feels pretty exciting and meaningful as cyberdeck upgrades are pretty essential both for quickhacks, breaching slots and such.

But in the endgame... it falls short and feels lacking. Unfortunately as is evident by the showcase above the only thing that truly changes between T5/T5+/T5++ is the "Enemies take X amount of time to trace". Same thing is with the Raven cyberdeck, the only thing that increases on that one is "Spread distance for quickhacks".

Personally I'd prefer it if all stats would go up too, for example like this;
  • (T5) -2 Ram Cost For Covert Quickhacks / +5 Ram After Performing A Takedown
  • (T5+) -3 Ram Cost For Covert Quickhacks / +7 Ram After Performing A Takedown
  • (T5++) -5 Ram Cost For Covert Quickhacks / +10 Ram After Performing A Takedown
For the Raven cyberdeck for example;
  • (T5) +15% Chance To Spread Quickhacks When Overclocked
  • (T5+) +30% Chance To Spread Quickhacks When Overclocked
  • (T5++) +50% Chance To Spread Quickhacks When Overclocked
No need to have it all so pointlessly gimmicky, unexciting and restrained, so I personally wish CDPR would loosen up a bit with 2.0 and let the player have some fun with the stats being more open.

As for the crafting itself, it's kinda like its own separate progression now. Don't really have any meaningful comment on it since truthfully it was lackluster and unimpressive pre-2.0 despite fully investing into it. Now it has slightly more meaning, but it's not quite yet at the finish line since now in 2.0 I did not even craft nor buy any of my T1/T2 quickhacks, found them all from access points. So I just scrap them and move on to T3.

Could use some improvements.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what is good now crafting quickhacks and selling them all. I almost have made 2,000,000 Eddie's now

Last edited:
You're right, but it wasn't all that useful before 2.0. Crafting has always felt incomplete in Cyberpunk. Before I only used it because of the dupe glitch.

Like I said in another thread while the perks made humongous strides itemization in this game barely made a pace.
Well at this point they are done with the game, but hope they take notes on the PnP and don't adopt this atrocious pseudo borderlands + mmo system they did for 2077.

Like I said in another thread while the perks made humongous strides itemization in this game barely made a pace.
Well at this point they are done with the game, but hope they take notes on the PnP and don't adopt this atrocious pseudo borderlands + mmo system they did for 2077.
I think I read somewhere that a 2.0 project lead or director came from a multiplayer game. If so, I hope he/she has nothing to do with the next one.

Well they said a couple of years ago (shortly after said persons elevation to director?) that they were going to get multiplayer into most games.
Having someone from an online/pvp/mmo background would aid them in that.

(And I've said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here - CP2077 2.0 feels like softening us up for an MMO CP experience, between the scaling, crafting, etc)

I like the upgrading cyberware, I think that is a great addition, as is the cyberware overhaul in general, but yeah I think only allowing iconic weapons to be upgrades is a big blunder, it makes regular weapons a lot less valuable or useable. I don't agree that crafting is now useless at all, in fact I use crafting a lot more than I did in the game prior to 2.0.

Yeah, the changes were so heavy handed or at least, the ideas seemed to have been thought up in a vacuum, that it does feel like step backwards and, in fact, seems contradictory to what they wanted to do in the first place.

Not being able to upgrade weapons in rarity like with the iconic means that there's a hard limit of performance to non-iconic weapons. Pre-2.0, some regular weapons had stats that iconics didn't have, like extra mod slots or even better secondary stats in some cases.

Not being able to craft clothes has also completely tanked the idea of clothing rarity, legendary clothing still has the same sell value and are more expensive but most have no differences and even the ones that do, have very minimal benefits.

Well they said a couple of years ago (shortly after said persons elevation to director?) that they were going to get multiplayer into most games.
Having someone from an online/pvp/mmo background would aid them in that.

(And I've said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here - CP2077 2.0 feels like softening us up for an MMO CP experience, between the scaling, crafting, etc)
If the next one is MP or MMO, that's an automatic no even if they reverted most of the 2.0 changes.

Yeah, the changes were so heavy handed or at least, the ideas seemed to have been thought up in a vacuum, that it does feel like step backwards and, in fact, seems contradictory to what they wanted to do in the first place.

Not being able to upgrade weapons in rarity like with the iconic means that there's a hard limit of performance to non-iconic weapons. Pre-2.0, some regular weapons had stats that iconics didn't have, like extra mod slots or even better secondary stats in some cases.

Not being able to craft clothes has also completely tanked the idea of clothing rarity, legendary clothing still has the same sell value and are more expensive but most have no differences and even the ones that do, have very minimal benefits.

Ima be honest, the clothes are just 'Buy this once for the Wardrobe, then salvage of components'. You should never sell clothing as they're not worth selling. The components are far more useful. Clothes seem to have tiers solely to allow for components.

And crafting does just feel kinda... weird since you can't upgrade these items and you can usually just buy the single item for not much more than the crafting spec. Unless you need multiples of the same item, crafting specs are just sorta worthless. I haven't even found any crafting specs above 5 like 5+ or 5++, so they appear even more useless since items can be bought or dropped at 5+, which is much better. They can also drop with an extra mod on it with an open mod slot, allowing for more multiple mods compared to the single mod slot barebones T5 weapons.

I agree, I think the crafting system is terrible. It's great that everybody can craft but what's the point. Why can't I upgrade normal weapons. Why can't I pick a skin when crafting a weapon. And why is every gun I pick up broken. Maybe I don't want to use iconics and I just want to use a gun I like with the skin I like.

Top Bottom