Crafting Suggestions for the DIY V

+
Greetings everyone. Just registered here in the hopes that some developer glances at my ideas for crafting over just rambling on Reddit, not that CD hasn't been active there, but it feels right to suggest things for their game in their forum.

To cut straight to the chase, I've came across these hurdles while playing Cyberpunk 2077 in an different way, that's what games are all about. Anyway, my gameplay rules are simple, "Use only items you've crafted" and so far that has led to some interesting ways of playing the game, of course, i have a few exceptions to the rule on the nature that i'm level 20 and no one has dropped a single scope or silencer crafting spec, or an epic DR12 Quasar I coveted so much since first buying it's common variant.

My first suggestion is simple, when browsing at crafting specs on vendors or while looting a simple appended text "(Learned)" or some way to just be able to see at a glance whether or not you know that recipe. Without this i've been forced to write down the vendor specs on a piece of paper, then open my crafting and scroll through the list(now rather lengthy) to find if it's known or not.

Secondly, and this is also useful to players who are not solely focused on crafting, the ability to craft medicine, ammo and grenades is probably used by many other players so if there was an option next to the ammo packs that showed a live count of your ammo stocks of every type as you craft them will make this process a little easier so you don't over craft ammo on accident, well not that common item components are that hard to find, it's more about knowing your ammo counts and only crafting enough.
The main part I'd like to suggest though, is an input box next to the crafting that controlled how many times you'd o this recipe so players who like to stock up on medicine or grenades won't have to manually count every time, this is me being lazy, but often times I've stared into the crafting screen for minutes counting out loud how many grenades or potions I'd like to craft to better control it, also, if you would be able keep crafting that amount you set-up without letting go of the button would be perfect.

Now this is the harder part to implement of my suggestions, but it's something I've been desperately craving after disassembling literal squadrons worth of weapons, cool-looking clothes and interesting mods.
Maybe as a perk, or an innate ability for a player who invested a lot into crafting and technical ability, V could be able to learn an item's crafting spec by simply disassembling it. To properly balance this, I suggest a progress bar to learning an item recipe depending on how many of said item you had dismantled.
This would be probably game breaking on every character hence why the requirements, but it would at least allow you to recraft a piece of clothing you liked or be happy about the 10th DR12 Quasar rare you looted might give you the recipe for it.

And lastly if i could simply request an item's crafting specs of a vendor by paying a finder's fee extra, they could point me to a place where that schematic is in and then i'd have to acquire it, maybe by having to face some enemies in the way or just buy it on their shop for me with the money I paid up front over the next few days or weeks, depending on the rarity you requested and your relationship with a vendor.

As a footnote, I'll say that while the game had a few bugs in my experience nothing was game-breaking, the most frustrating one I can think of at the moment is how you're simply unable to find a position to pick an item in the ground sometimes, so far this has only happened to common rarity items, but I'd be pissed to see that on a rare or above piece of loot there was also a Wraith Ghoul i meet once who would not take any damage at all, he ended up after i played my full quickhack offensive deck just laying on the desert yelling at me, immobile except for his mouth.

On the whole, I'm loving the game and the little things i was able to "patch" myself by writing my own scripts, things like an aim-toggle or crafting in mass without having to sit there and hold the mouse. It is a breathtakingly detailed game, and everyone enjoyed the game's story and characters, the voice acting was perfect and guns felt good to use, which is not something every shooter nails and i can't pinpoint exactly why it feels that good.

Top Bottom