Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tech guy could give a hint on if the nameless NPC bots in the city being tied to a set of simple interactions that would trigger based on random difficulty check against COOL and a skillcheck from thereon (like intimidating, pickpocketing, seducing, asking for simple "rumors" (few simple words to hint for something), and stuff like that) eats too much machine/other resources, or if it is even possible to do. It doesn't even need to work on "every" NPC, but a certain % of them. And if it is possible, could it be considered?

EDITED

The chatter need not be anything but V asking something like: "Hi, anything going on around here lately?" And the responses might also be singular oneliners... from denials (that probably would be the bulk of them) "Leave me alone", "Fuck off asswipe" or "I don't have time for this" to something like, "I heard there was some ruckus between the 3rd and Maine" or "Cops just rushed into Edna's Diner, wonder what's that about." Mechanically handled similiarly to how the soda ad worked but with an included "random encounter" if the player decides to check it out.

For a crude Example:

Dialog.png

Somehow it just feels kind of pointless to have all those bots wandering around and all the care put into them and their routines, but yet... there's absolutely nothing of any merit you can do to/with them.

Last edited:
When do you go into Third Person?

June 16/18 Kyle Rowley: "Just cut scenes and vehicles (optional). "

Here, is optional just vehicles, or cut scenes too?

I'm very interested in the vehicle mechanics of the game; Will we have limited fuel on our personal vehicles, kind of like Roach's stamina bar and we will have to fill up fuel once in a while. Will we also be able to modify our vehicles, for example; adding weapons, upgrades, and cosmetics on our vehicles.

I'm very interested in the vehicle mechanics of the game; Will we have limited fuel on our personal vehicles, kind of like Roach's stamina bar and we will have to fill up fuel once in a while. Will we also be able to modify our vehicles, for example; adding weapons, upgrades, and cosmetics on our vehicles.

I did not notice a fuel meter on the car's dashboard in the demo, but I guess upgrades of some sort and cosmetics will be available.

Will we have proper (European) measures/formats in the game? ;]
In HUD distance was in meters but the car had MPH and date was in MMDDYYYY format ;/

My question is will the only way to get exp be from quests? I know people hate on grinding, but sometimes I like to be a level or two ahead of what I'm going into. Replayable quests, maybe, where you clean out gang dens, or lawless areas where you can kill with impunity, or farm for parts for your techie? Not being able to do anything but quests sometimes feels restricting to me, whereas Elder Scrolls (who you're not trying to imitate, I get that) let you do all sorts of things that benefit you. You want more money, raid a dungeon and kill everything in it, doesn't have to be a quest. That kind of thing.

Last edited:
If I understand it right, there are three types of "experience" in the game:
- skills improve as they are used, similarly to Elder Scrolls (I do not know how, if at all, this interacts with the rest of the character system)
- street cred is earned by completing quests, and unlocks access to more side quests and areas of the city
- character XP, leveling up, and perks similarly to The Witcher 3 (not sure about the exact set of actions that gain XP)

- skills improve as they are used, similarly to Elder Scrolls (I do not know how, if at all, this interacts with the rest of the character system)
- character XP, leveling up, and perks similarly to The Witcher 3 (not sure about the exact set of actions that gain XP)

Do you have a source for those two?

Do you have a source for those two?

It is based on the developer quotes collected in the first few posts of this thread. Again, I am not sure my interpretation is entirely correct, since some details are not clear yet from the available information.

July 26/18 CP2077 Twitter: "We have Attributes like STR, REF etc. which can be raised by leveling up and Installing body cyberware; Skills, raised by successfully performing actions (Hacking, Crafting, Short Guns, Long Guns etc.); Perks unlocked with both Street Cred and XP."

I was wondering about two things in regards to the game, first, is it possible to start a company, like a security company or a facade to hide your true operations, second, are their romance mechanics, like, a random character likes u, or obsesses over you or something to spice up v's personal life, like a stalker, admirer, someone that fell in love with you or something like that (for immersive reasons or something(like a character you save starts getting feelings of attachment)), a follow up is, are there proper h-scenes (you know what kind I'm talking about) that you can end up having if you take one to your home or they take you to theirs.
also, the game looks awesome, not gonna lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom