Cut scene comic strips

+
Cut scene comic strips

I've been blown away by the Witcher 2's general art direction as well by character design and there seemed not be anything wrong about it. It looked very fresh and colourful, armor and weapon design particularry lacked totally the goofiness of DA2.Until this. :(http://games.cz.imag3box.com/uploads/witcher2-2011-04-10-18-06-32-18-game13251-img198840.jpghttp://www.zing.cz/images/thumbnails/bigthumb/a7e2335b-37549.jpg Seriously? These look horrible. I want my old stylish cut-scene art back. :(

I liked the art in TW1 more, but these are not that bad. On the first and second (that one is really bad) one we can see only portion or the image so its hard to judge. But I really like the third one.Also add spoiler on the third, or people will complain.

WTF? Last time I checked CDPR was still in Europe not in Japan :/Whats with all that colors? Srsly is this how it will look like in the final game?

yeah it looks pretty childish compare to all the realistic stuff in the gameit'd fit though if Dandelion was telling the tail

I too liked the classical look of the paintings in the first Witcher, but it should be noted that the narrator there was Geralt himself, and he's a gloomy kind of guy.While in TW2 the adventure will be outlined by Dandelion's over-exaggerated tales and ballads, and i can really see the new art fitting in with his dramatic delivery.And, really, we don't need another "CDPR change this, CDPR change that" thread. I'm sure they have thought everything out before settling on this art style. They don't have a design philsophy dependant on "what the kids like these days".

Thoric said:
I too liked the classical look of the paintings in the first Witcher, but it should be noted that the narrator there was Geralt himself, and he's a gloomy kind of guy.While in TW2 the adventure will be outlined by Dandelion's over-exaggerated tales and ballads, and i can really see the new art fitting in with his dramatic delivery.And, really, we don't need another "CDPR change this, CDPR change that" thread. I'm sure they have thought everything out before settling on this art style. They don't have a design philsophy dependant on "what the kids like these days".
I liked the way it was in the witcher 1 as i know that i will like how they did it in the witcher 2I have faith in CDP that they will change it for the better

No my cup of tea, but it is not that bad. I didn't know that Dandalion was gonna tell a Geralt story (framed narrative would be a nice touch, since it is a technique extremly used in the books).

I don't like it much. I liked the oil painted cut scenes from the first game more. I guess comic strip style is very popular nowadays.

There were some artwork in the beginning of todays live presentation which had the same "style" as The Witcher 1. Prehaps they will aswell be featured in the game.

Top Bottom