Cyberpunk 2020 Daily Facts Conversation Thread!

+
Actually this isn't far off what really happened.

"Back in the bad old days..."

There was conflict over how to structure data (7 usable bits + 1 checkbit or 15 usable +1 check), what number represented what character (ASCII solved that), how much memory was accessible ( https://www.computerworld.com/artic...-go-away----but-did-gates-really-say-it-.html ). So imposing order and a "universal" structure on the NET isn't far from the truth.

Mmm...I like the idea of there being "maybe" AI out there. That's many coolnesses.

(Hey -- my Cyberpunk lore is still around 32%...)

Sounds like censorship police, we will watch everyones back...for the safety of everyone...and think of the chilren...we just need to know everything about you...all the time...always and forever.

Netwatch aka: Netrunner headache.

At least there is now an idea of who the big bad wolf of the net is. I was wondering what obstacles netrunners were going to encounter...

This is how I see netwatch in my head...

netw.jpg

#sexyaf

Gibson Battlegear: not just guitars...

Where can get a catalog?
Post automatically merged:

@JGrayatRTalsorian

Also, Is the jacket, or parts from it, from Gibson Battlegear? I've been wondering what the knobs are on the arms, functional properties of the amazing collar, and what gives it the EMP resistance...???

Last edited:
Nice stuff, if you don't mind looking like this.

Attachments

• 170px-USMC_Turret_Gunner_mannequin.JPG
    170px-USMC_Turret_Gunner_mannequin.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 47
Eww...

Spoiler alert: The USMC "armor" is trash. It may stop 1 or 2 bullets, but it's mainly for shrapnel. I did 5 yrs and was appalled at how "protected" we were. I would never go anywhere with that gear on.

I would assume that Gibson Battlegear would make things a person can maneuver in and doesn't restrict agility.

I'm thinking John Wick suit materials...you know, where bullets just get brushed away with only an ouch...

Spoiler alert: The USMC "armor" is trash. It may stop 1 or 2 bullets, but it's mainly for shrapnel. I did 5 yrs and was appalled at how "protected" we were. I would never go anywhere with that gear on.
Cost and mobility issues.

Most military body armor is never intended to be "bullet proof". On a large (military) scale it's totally impractical.

Top Bottom