Cyberpunk 2077: Aesthetic Changes

+
There should also be kids and youth who smoke.

Much as that would make sense within the context of the world, it would be a nearly impossible sell to the wider market. The game would be banned outright in many places, and I can't even begin to think of what that would cost CDPR as a result. It might be a "bold statement"...but very often that level of radical disregard for societal values is often sacrificed in the process of making its point. (Granted, we see such things in films all the time, but video games are still widely regarded as a medium put into children's hands and interactive, which will automatically make it degrees of magnitude worse in people's minds. Mostly, people who don't play or understand video games. But the public reaction would still be just as vicious.)

There should also be kids and youth who smoke.
uh, yeah, kids'd be very good as well (honestly I don't think rating agencies will let them do it), but a pregnant woman for me it's majestic. It's so wrong on so many levels and perfectly describes a fucked up society where analphabetism is very common. Youth, well, it's common to see teenagers smoking cigarettes in real life as well.

Much as that would make sense within the context of the world, it would be a nearly impossible sell to the wider market. The game would be banned outright in many places, and I can't even begin to think of what that would cost CDPR as a result. It might be a "bold statement"...but very often that level of radical disregard for societal values is often sacrificed in the process of making its point. (Granted, we see such things in films all the time, but video games are still widely regarded as a medium put into children's hands and interactive, which will automatically make it degrees of magnitude worse in people's minds. Mostly, people who don't play or understand video games. But the public reaction would still be just as vicious.)

I get what you're going for there (and I did consider it before posting what you quoted), but the weird skewed standards never really hit home with me.

I mean if you can depict (and let the player commit) realistic murder, torture, dismemberment, disembowlement, decapitation, why not common reality? It's not about "harsh corrupt world". Kids smoke, drink do drugs, fight, steal. All the time, all over the world.

I'm not insisting on anything like that (just to make it clear), but I just don't always understand the logic behind these... "values" people get so worked up over.

I just don't always understand the logic behind these... "values" people get so worked up over.
And we never will, but untouchable kids won't ruin my experience after all.
I've just remembered that in RDR2 kid thieves are depitected, don't know if they smoke as well. For sure you can't harm them, but at least it's something.

I've just remembered that in RDR2 kid thieves are depitected, don't know if they smoke as well. For sure you can't harm them, but at least it's something.

I remember when I played Fallout 2 for the first time. The kids in Den would rob me every time I walked past them. I was doubly surprised when I got into a fight and one of them threw a molotov at me killing my low level and already pummeled party in one hit.

It was unexcpected and sort of atmospheric that they were actual parts of the world instead of just props.

I remember when I played Fallout 2 for the first time. The kids in Den would rob me every time I walked past them. I was doubly surprised when I got into a fight and one of them threw a molotov at me killing my low level and already pummeled party in one hit.

It was unexcpected and sort of atmospheric that they were actual parts of the world instead of just props.
I recently got into an 80s' comedy and it was extremely sexist and homophobic, I forgot how things were 20-30 years ago. Cultures and values change with time, that's how it works. Being able to fight a kid in a videogame in 2019? absolutely not possible. I see both good and bad things about that, but that's quite borderline for forum's rule.
I agree with this:
(Granted, we see such things in films all the time, but video games are still widely regarded as a medium put into children's hands and interactive, which will automatically make it degrees of magnitude worse in people's minds. Mostly, people who don't play or understand video games. But the public reaction would still be just as vicious.)

You can say that a game is for adults only (rated M, R, pegi 18 or whatever), the point is it will be sold to kids as well (I personally played GTA already when I was 9) and this will give problems to the software house. Except for rockstar, every time a new GTA is out news get crazy claiming they're ruining our children, but rockstar is the only one which is strong enough to resist.

It's definitely a PR thing in most cases, regarding the decision to prevent you from hurting kids or seeing them smoke/do drugs/fight/etc. I agree that it's silly that the world has these funky standards, but oh well. I don't expect CDPR to be the one to take a stand, but I do hope somebody does someday.

Until then, we have our mods.

I think it'd be very cool and atmospheric to see kid thieves and netrunners, though. Even if they are "untouchable" (I don't think even I want to see a kid get his eyes burnt out by a virus -- sue me!) to a degree.

Drugs.jpg

:shrug:

Didn t the trailer show, some teens sitting in a parking area?
Thought so, even with guns in their bag, if i recall right.

If i recall right, CP2020 even did go so far to have drug dealers
who pushed exclusively on minors, to hook them up. But yes
harming kids is a no go. Not sure though if we gonna see teens
as troublemakers or being in trouble and so on.

Would paint quite some dark scenes in Night City though, guess
we ll see soon enough.

I recently got into an 80s' comedy and it was extremely sexist and homophobic, I forgot how things were 20-30 years ago.

I could never see the point in those accusations. There’s certainly an attitude different from today, but I understand the (attempted) humor, so I can’t really agree with labling them with terms that imply deliberate malcontent, as bad as the humor might be.

I could never see the point in those accusations. There’s certainly an attitude different from today, but I understand the (attempted) humor, so I can’t really agree with labling them with terms that imply deliberate malcontent, as bad as the humor might be.
Oh, there's no way I can reply without making examples that would make me be banned from the forum instantly . :ROFLMAO:

I tried, I wrote few lines, but no, it's real life and it's forbidden. Point is, what doesn't offend me, may offend someone who is discriminated.
The good thing is that TW3 spoke about discrimination, so we could expect the same in CP2077, and if they're good, they'll depict grey sotries even there (IE bloody baron).

I don't know how much I like saturation. I think a grim looking city is fine, but with saturation exclusive to things like neon lighting at night time would be the perfect visual setup in my personal opinion.

Guest 4149880

People, don't think a glass of water is the entire ocean. Mike Pondsmith said one of the core designs for the original Cyberpunk as well as 2077 was to give the entire world a wide variety of feels and atmosphere based on people, events, locations, time of day, weather... from the dark rainy noir crime, the punk rock n roll, to the high level espionage GiTS. That's just surface level stuff, there so much they could do in the Cyberpunk world, it's almost endless really.

The question is whether the graphics will compare to games such as RDR II on PC?

The Witcher 3 already looks old to me, frankly speaking.

Top Bottom