Cyberpunk 2077 Aesthetic Filters

+
weren't these aesthetic changes that animalfather is talking about already obvious since the 2013 Cyberpunk Teaser Trailer?

CD Projekt can either change to expand their demographic or stay behind giants in the industry like EA. It's about survival, and these changes are necessary even though I don't like some of them.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9925581 said:
weren't these aesthetic changes that animalfather is talking about already obvious since the 2013 Cyberpunk Teaser Trailer?

CD Projekt can either change to expand their demographic or stay behind giants in the industry like EA. It's about survival, and these changes are necessary even though I don't like some of them.

The teaser trailer is not anything that will be in the game. Never has been, never will be.

Hoplite_22;n9926761 said:
The teaser trailer is not anything that will be in the game. Never has been, never will be.

Not true.

Much of what you see in the trailer is part of the 2020 setting and you can expect to see some or all of: NCPD, Max-Tac, AV-7s, Dynalar, Kiroshi, bullpup-style rifles, body-plating both subtle and obvious, arm blades, sexy women - and men - smartgoggles and cybereyes, cyberlimbs, Militech, Militech weapons and a city aesthete that combines both old and ultra new.

And not that I have any idea of plot elements but, yes, Max-Tac and CSWAT do recruit from their targets from time to time. After rehab and heavy-metal therapy.

I'm not sure why people think or have decided that CP2020 won't be the fundamental influence on CP2077. CDPR has said it is, has never contradicted that and is using it as a blueprint.

Expect gameplay differences, of course - we aren't 6 people sitting around a table rolling dice.

But the aesthetics, the themes, the tech, the setting, oh yes. These will be based on CP2020. Proooobably with less 80s hair though.

animalfather;n9926911 said:
did i mention how much i hate the aesthetics of the trailer?

"Aesthetics" is the worst thing to get expectations right now. That's the one thing that has multiple evidences telling us that it may change from the original CP2020 game. Here's a few: artworks, teaser trailer, and Marcin Iwinski's video on page 2 of this thread.

I have only one expectation which is to customize your own character in CP2077.

A big part of the aesthetics will be how (or even if) cybernetics are displayed on the character models.
If you have a cyber arm can you change it's appearance from chrome to matte black or cover it with RealSkin?

On the mean streets of Night City style is every bit as important as substance so being able to customize your face, body, hair, cyberware, clothing, heck ... even being able to chrome your weapons if you want ... matters.

They did hire Klaus Wittmann who is cyberpunk af. so i think they have made some changes to the aesthetics.

this guy gets it.

Last edited:
animalfather;n9927581 said:
They did hire Klaus Wittmann who is cyberpunk af. so i think they have made some changes to the aesthetics.

this guy gets it.

Yeah, those are all fine.

What are you worried about, art-wise? That it will be too clean or? [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

Somehow I don’t believe it’ll be ”too clean”. Mike seems much more about style and feel than anything else (or, that’s the impression I’ve got), so it’d make sense that this’d be where he’d try to strong arm what he thinks is the ”right way”.

kofeiiniturpa;n9927881 said:
Somehow I don’t believe it’ll be ”too clean”. Mike seems much more about style and feel than anything else (or, that’s the impression I’ve got), so it’d make sense that this’d be where he’d try to strong arm what he thinks is the ”right way”.

Whoah.

First, "strong arm"? Really? Never seen a sign of that.

Second, there -is- a "right way", absolutely. It might be broad or it might be narrow, but R.Talsorian Cyberpunk 2020 is the "right way" and "The Muppet Christmas Show" is not "the right way" here.

Also, R.Tal put a lot of effort into building a world that not only looked cool but had rules based much closer to reality than other systems of the time - or even now. Dice systems where luck is less than 1/3 the dominant factor? No levels? Social skill levels? In the 80s?

There is a reason CDPR likes this world and not, say, Shadowrun or GURPS or Neuromancer or Eclipse Phase or Blue Planet.

kofeiiniturpa;n9928241 said:
Don’t sweat it. I didn’t intend to say what you think I did. It wasn’t an attack on anything.

I WILL KILLLLL YO...oh. Well, it sure sounded that way. Probably all the quotes.

Sardukhar;n9927751 said:
Yeah, those are all fine.

What are you worried about, art-wise? That it will be too clean or? [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]

too clean too mass effect yes im worried about that.

Top Bottom