Cyberpunk 2077 Difficulty Settings and Highest difficulty on 1st Playthrough

+
Can you elaborate on this? What about the clothing stats made you restart the game on easy?
The farther you progress, the clothing stats start to not match the clothing types, so to have proper armor levels for playing on hard etc, you start to look like a clown.

Oh, you mean on higher difficulties you need to pay more attention to stats (rather than being able to focus on looks) which leads to mismatched/unstylish outfits?

Sounds like you either need to avoid combat more and go with stealth or RP as a V that lives by Style Over Substance ;P

For me, game was super easy on Easy mode.. until after I got to Act 2. Even as level 15 every enemy was tough as nails, had red skull. Maybe I went to a wrong part of town?

For me, game was super easy on Easy mode.. until after I got to Act 2. Even as level 15 every enemy was tough as nails, had red skull. Maybe I went to a wrong part of town?
Yup enemy level is different in each district, hover the pointer over missions on the map and you'll see different colour coded danger levels, easy, moderate etc up to very hard that have the red skull enemies.

Even as level 15 every enemy was tough as nails, had red skull. Maybe I went to a wrong part of town?

Boy howdy do constant Red Skull enemies get annoying. The number of side missions that were assigned to me that I couldn't do...

It's not that they were difficult, they were literally impossible to complete. Like 80 shotgun blast to a single enemies face and they are still at 90% health despite the danger being "Moderate".

It's not just enemies either, random NPC's wearing a T-shirt and jeans will be a Red Skull and after 30 grenades just stand there. Just doesn't make sense.

Just main Katana, you dont even need upgrades and stand in front of an enemy (doesn't matter if they're 20 levels higher) and spam right-mouse until they drop, you'll get them permalocked into a stagger animation. You can even take breaks for stamina regen. I've hunted every single Cyberpsycho in the game at level 13 doing it. It's hilariously terrible just how bad the AI is, not just in terms of standard NPC's but bosses that are meant to pose some sort of a challenge. I play on hard btw but friend tested this on max difficulty and got the same result. You actually cannot lose a 1v1 fight with katana or mantis blades.

My problem is no one uses netrunner abilities on V. Imagine him being zapped by short circuit or blinded. Or shot by tech rounds behind cover

Idk, I didn't try everything (and won't, since I uninstalled the game already), but the annoying part for me while playing on the hardest difficulty was that mere, random gang members could withstand like 10-15 headshots with the most powerful assault gun I could find at the time (no red skulls above those enemies whatsoever). What's the point of silencers then? Not to mention that most of them reduce the damage dealt. And yeah, AI is insanely stupid, making even these bullet sponges too easy to defeat.

My problem is no one uses netrunner abilities on V. Imagine him being zapped by short circuit or blinded. Or shot by tech rounds behind cover
I've been hit by quickhacks loads of times, usually the heat one, been shot by smart weapons and tech weapons so not sure why you haven't seen this, it's pretty common in my experience.

From the very little the devs have said about the difficulty settings in Cyberpunk 2077, it appears they have focused on making the game as accessible as possible for players not accustomed to FPS games. My concern is in doing this, introducing things like Smart Weapons, will this make even "hard" difficulty feel like normal difficulty. The difficulty settings look to be very similar to that of the Witcher 3 which I also played on Blood and Broken Bones (hard) on the first play through and then Death March(Insane) on New Game+. I'm wondering given the efforts made by the devs (understandably) to make the game more accessible whether the highest difficulty would be the most satisfying on first play through.

As I understand it the enemies won't scale in difficulty (the same as in Witcher 3) so after a certain point where you become a living weapon I'm hoping it won't feel too easy. There is the option of changing difficulty in game but changing difficulty because a certain area is too hard, only to switch it back afterwards takes the fun out of it for me personally.
Im playing on very hard and haven't tried any of the other difficulties, so I can't be sure. So can only talk about my own experience on this difficulty.

In the beginning it might be a bit rough when you are new and starting to learn the mechanics, and some of the car chases where you are "stuck" can require a couple of tries. But besides that, it seems to be a decent difficulty, you have to respect the enemies as they hit hard, but they are not bullet sponges, some are ofc, depending on who it is, but in general it seems fine. And you will become stronger later on.

However when that is said, it might also be due to the AI itself, that is not always as responsive as you would think, probably due to a bug that just make them stand there. But for the most part it works as far as I can see.

So I would go for that difficulty if you want a game where you have to be a bit more careful, but without being one shotted by everything, except maybe in the start.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Been playing since launch on hard mode and as others have mentioned, I have been hit by overheat and tech weapons. I haven't come across smart weapons just yet and I haven't had my optics hacked but I've been taking my time leveling up so I haven't progressed too far. They are definitely using netrunner abilities though. I've died a lot but it's great lol that's the challenge I wanted.

Been playing since launch on hard mode and as others have mentioned, I have been hit by overheat and tech weapons. I haven't come across smart weapons just yet and I haven't had my optics hacked but I've been taking my time leveling up so I haven't progressed too far. They are definitely using netrunner abilities though. I've died a lot but it's great lol that's the challenge I wanted.
My point is was hit few times with overheat, barely noticed it as inconvenience thats it. And few times they tried to locate me which was overall pathetic

On very hard:

-make those heal/stim items be only usable every 10 sec or have a toxicity meter where their affect decreases if used too many in too short period of time.

Other than that it's mainly ai of enemies that should be tweaked, but that is opening a can of worms.

Anyways, as for op stuff like handgun crits to the head / hacking from stealth / sniping from stealth through walls - well it's up to the player if they want to cheese or not, though enemy ai can be made more aggressive do pressure the player.

But yeah "stun lock" is a bit too extreme right now probably as it is too easy to stun lock targets.

In general at the beginning on very hard I do think this game is harder than W3 on death march - like try doing "The Pickup" on vh at level 3/4.

finished my first play through on normal was easy for most of it did die here and there. now im on hard. hard seems like how the game should really be played though. all my battles now have to be planned out haha. have to play it smart make sure i enough ammo ect. i have died so many time, re loaded so many saves haha. you use more hacking ect as you up game difficulty. you look at the items you loot to see what stats they have or mods. you use crafting system more too.

Top Bottom