Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Maybe we should stop lying to ourselves and admit CDPR will not "fix" the game. They will just fix the glitches and bugs...but that's not even close to what this game needs.

Ouch... what have you done! Illusion is all that's left!
On the other hand, they got their money, right? Thus, we are screwed.
CDPR, finish the game, ok? Just finish it.

They delivered on everything they promised. What they didn't deliver on was the massive amount of assumptions people made based on concept art or development footage. They're not responsible for peoples fantasies, nor their disappointment when their unfounded assumptions aren't included in the game.

The amount of disinformation around this game is nothing short of astounding. From imaginary "cut content" to "choices don't matter" lies. This game is the most in depth RPG ever created, hands down. For people to act as if Skyrim or some other third rate shallow game is anywhere near this is laughable. I followed this development since the first trailer. Only difference is I didn't inject my personal assumptions into the game like the vocal minority of this community seem to have. I expected something just as good as Witcher 3, and received a game that was even better.

What, that it runs surprisingly well?

720p 30 fps is the standard for last gen console games. The fact that a game as dense and complex as this one can run at that performance is surprisingly well...
I agree

I'm playing Cyberpunk on old gen Xbox S, and other than a couple of minor glitches and a couple of crashes, the game runs and looks great. I'm on my third playthrough, and the issues I have encountered is nothing that I wouldn't expect from a game this big and complex.

As for the story, characters, writing and so on, I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am. This is by far the best game I have ever played. I am so in love with how you've twisted the Hero's Journey format, and the dialogue.... it is to die for. Seriously, this is the best game I have ever played. Keep up the good work, guys!

And I'd be all for it. But the endings are all over the place in regards to location and circumstance. Despite actually only having 2 variations in regards how it turns out for V. So I don't quite see them putting in the effort to pull that of. Would be nice though.

I don't think they are, necessarily.

There are five main endings to the game. Suicide, Temperance (Johnny ending). Star (Aldecaldos), Sun (Legend), Devil (Arasaka).

Suicide and Temperance are the definitive ends for Vs story imo. You wouldn't be able to continue the story from here because, well, V is either dead or may as well be.

Star has you heading to Arizona, looking for a cure.

Sun has you going to Crystal Palace for Mr Blue Eyes for a job which "V would do anything for"

Devil has (aslong as you return to earth) Hanako call you up and offer employment, hinting at a big job.

If they do a post-game DLC like Blood and Wine, the endings for each of the above will serve as a jumping off point that could lead to a central location. For example, Arizona isn't the end goal, somewhere else is, same with crystal palace. That's how they should do it imo.

Glad a statement is officially made. There's always going to be a lot of noise from people, so I want to at least break up the noise a bit to say - I still respect the Developers greatly and I respect the effort put in, so I'll just be patient.

What's weird behavior from players is that people even though they've been disappointed by the false promise, they still expect an answer to something that CDPR may or may not be able to deliver, not even in the coming month or two, when the player expects an answer Now and expects a new promise. It's just setting yourself up for another heartbreak, so just give them time, see if CDPR is willing to build back their rep by making all the right steps (fixing, improving and fulfilling the promise)

Glad a statement is officially made. There's always going to be a lot of noise from people, so I want to at least break up the noise a bit to say - I still respect the Developers greatly and I respect the effort put in, so I'll just be patient.

What's weird behavior from players is that people even though they've been disappointed by the false promise, they still expect an answer to something that CDPR may or may not be able to deliver, not even in the coming month or two, when the player expects an answer Now and expects a new promise. It's just setting yourself up for another heartbreak, so just give them time, see if CDPR is willing to build back their rep by making all the right steps (fixing, improving and fulfilling the promise)
I think thats what people are cautious about. Does CDPR have the same vision for this game that we do? If they do, people will wait. If they don't, we have a right to know now.

A lot of people writes " They didn't mention about cuted content or DLC" and i don't think they will ever talk about what patches or DLC including before it is complete. This is a lesson every one of us should learn.

Where do I even begin. The fact that you are criticizing the glitches in this game and not referencing your own game experience. And yes- you have to.
I'm 141 hours in on PC as Streetkid. on a 1080ti that I got in 2018. I'm on medium settings and my computer runs worse when I play Witcher 3 with 8k mods. I'ma Skyrim vet with 188 active mods... years before peopl;e started putting it on youtube.
We know about the glitches. The problem you have to face is... why are you on the official forum complaining.
Do us a favor and tell us what you have attempted to play this game on.
I agree with your AI and physics comments.. but it sounds to me like you didn't even get through the Prologue. I have seen cars flip around and fly from a stopped position because I tried to walk across the street. But you know what's on my mind.. it isn't the glitches. They can be fixed. It's when Jackie talks to me on my next playthrough.
Skyrim launched without PC button key bindings.
Doom 3 was leaked and melted our video cards from the alpha version.
I was in highschool when my friend was playing Morrowind at 12fps. One of em.
The rest of us were in CS or QUAKE.

How am I proud? Because I love the game. It makes GTA5 look like a Disney movie for kids under 6. And I'm playing 2077 it on a 3 year old computer.
I hope CDPR reads all of this. You guys rock. Keep it up!!
vlcsnap-2020-12-30-02h29m03s591.jpg

I don't believe a single word he's saying. The fact that he said the they're "proud" of the PC version just made me wanna vomit. It's beautiful graphically, and has a good story but the game is awful. The mechanics are not "next-gen" or "revolutionary" as they said it would be. The AI does not exist, the pedestrians are souless, the world is full of beautiful buildings with nothing inside because you can't enter any. Don't even let me start with the crime and police system. V's shadows are the most pathetic thing i've seeing in a game in a while. There is no BASIC PHYSICS in most of the objects. They fixed all with clipping through anything. You can't interact with nothing besides vending machines and selected vendors.

HOW ARE YOU PROUD OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT? IS THIS THE QUALITY YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT? Man, this enrages me like hell.

Last edited:
I have patience to wait for proper news regarding how they're going to update the game further, but I dislike this uncertainty. Will they be reworking various elements of the game? If they will, part of me wants CDPR to be specific in fashion of Larian. Sort of like "we felt this quest didn't work well and we decided to change it like this". Or "we reduced the amount of buttons you need to use in menus and recomposed the panels for easier navigation".

It's good to see Iwin own up to the botched console launch for CP, hopefully they're able to deliver acceptable performance with patches - actions speak louder than words, after all.

For me, CP2077 even on PC did not meet the quality I expect from CDPR, and not because of "missing features" or "cut content" that some in this thread seem to lament - I got the featues and content I was expecting, I didn't feel like I was lied to, it's just that the quality of the content wasn't as good as I've come to expect from CDPR. So, for me, what matters now - aside from fixing the broken product they've delivered on consoles and the nastier bugs that plague all platforms - is that their next title is a firm step up from CP and TW3, not this strange mixed bag of 2 steps back, 1 step forward we got with Cyberpunk.

What are you even on about? The Xbox 360 port of TW2 was an excellent example of ports done right. The Witcher 3's console versions had some issues here and there in terms of performance, true, but they were still very much playable even at launch.
W3 on PS4 had a lot of problems that forced you to restart the game for the first month and the king's gambit quest that was bugged until September (4 months after launch) together with other minor quests (skillige public enemy or whatever was called). Can't speak for Xbox. And of course lots of minor glitches and bugs.

Better than CP77 for sure, but still not ok.

I think thats what people are cautious about. Does CDPR have the same vision for this game that we do? If they do, people will wait. If they don't, we have a right to know now.

The right to know Now is what sets pressure. What sets pressure is almost bound to come half-assed. The statement over the cut content, the console, bugs and the future is so WIDELY known now that it's becoming noise. I actually agree with the points, but at the same time get tired of seeing it repeated.

I say give them time to re-evaluate how much they CAN promise, before another mistake is made out of pressure.

No no no no no! If we are patient - then we agree with the new gamedev politics which is as follows: an early access game is sold as a released one and CDPR management is very proud of this fact. This. Is. Insane.
The next big project management will act worse and so on.

This sounds very promising, and to be honest, on the PC, I'm not bugged by the bugs almost at all.

However
I hope you will find a time after the main fixes to do something the ungodly UX in the menus.
  • Confirmation can be F, enter, tab, or mouse-click
  • To skip the intro vid, you have to press space once or twice. Or twice to cancel skipping.
  • No way to get rid of the loads of food items in the inventory as you can't bulk select.
  • No way to bulk create, it's a quarter of an hour to have any amount of health items.

Please do something, as this I hope is easily fixable but makes being in the menu a torture.

The right to know Now is what sets pressure. What sets pressure is almost bound to come half-assed. The statement over the cut content, the console, bugs and the future is so WIDELY known now that it's becoming noise. I actually agree with the points, but at the same time get tired of seeing it repeated.

I say give them time to re-evaluate how much they CAN promise, before another mistake is made out of pressure.

We're not asking for timeframes, we're not asking for roadmaps, we're not even asking for specific features necessarily. What we're worried about is that this is the final edition of the game that they are going to present to us, content wise. That in a years time, cops will still be teleporting to you, and the immersiveness of the characters thet they've built will remain the same, that Judy will still be by that damn window.

Some people have taken to calling the fact that the CEO turned around and said that they're "proud" of the pc edition as proof of this. I don't think so, because putting the statement into context, he means it in relation to the console versions.

All we want is for CDPR to turn around and say "The free DLC is not going to be superfluous gun packs and you're going to want to come back to the game to experience them". That will set alot of minds at ease right now.

How am I proud? Because I love the game. It makes GTA5 look like a Disney movie for kids under 6. And I'm playing 2077 it on a 3 year old computer.
I hope CDPR reads all of this. You guys rock. Keep it up!!
GTA 5 is a polished Game with working traffic (Cyberpunk is 90% a huge city, just a hint) working police AI, police chases, excellent vehicle physics, many small activities besides the main game or sidequests, interactive people all over the world, NPCs taking part in many different activities, barber shops, tattoo studios, myriads of small little details and I could go on and on and on, the game works like a well made clockwork, Rockstar just knows how to make games and it runs well even on old gen (PS3 and Xbox 360).
Now compare Cyberpunk to those values, it just can't keep up ...
I can't even comprehend how you can compare CP to GTAV story, its a whole other game with a completely different approach and scope.

I have patience to wait for proper news regarding how they're going to update the game further, but I dislike this uncertainty. Will they be reworking various elements of the game? If they will, part of me wants CDPR to be specific in fashion of Larian. Sort of like "we felt this quest didn't work well and we decided to change it like this". Or "we reduced the amount of buttons you need to use in menus and recomposed the panels for easier navigation".

If they had any decency then they would have released this as an early access game to begin with. They would have gotten the same result, with last-gen consoles maybe having to wait a bit, and none of the bad publicity of selling an unfinished game, and those loving it singing its praises and getting more people hyped up for the end product.
In any case, I'll be curious to see how much they're going to accomplish in a year's time... Where will Baldur's Gate 3 be in 2022 and where will Cyberpunk 2077 be? That will be an interesting comparison to make that will say a lot about how well each developer works.

No no no no no! If we are patient - then we agree with the new gamedev politics which is as follows: an early access game is sold as a released one and CDPR management is very proud of this fact. This. Is. Insane.
The next big project management will act worse and so on.
You think so? Isn't ALL this current failure a fact enough it isn't worth or do you think everyone will keep stepping into deep shit? I don't agree with that type of 'gamedev politics' either and yet you believe I do. The time has passed, no take-back on that shit release, a permanent stain on this game that would have been avoided, but there's only one or the other - Either this game is fully corrput, all communication goes silent and support is dropped, running away with money etc or they try to stay afloat and climb back the ditch they jumped in themselves.

I'm not in either extreme, I'm just trying to be level-headed... Seeing as there is plenty of backlash, then I'm stepping in as a balancing act, otherwise to your 'Devs are getting away with this', when in a lot of noise, a lot of petty players get away with calling good aspects of the game bad. If the scale tips on either end, then one or the other is 'Getting away with it'

While I would like to believe people in general, there's no way I can construct a reality for myself where this rings true.

The CEO apologizing is fine, but it's also the only business decision there is. There's no other way to handle the state of the game at this point.

Proud of the PC version? Ok, you're proud of the non-existent police AI, the braindead NPCs despawning in front of you, the utter lack of game balance and challenge even on the hardest difficulties, the terrible item economy, the endless amount of glitches and bugs, and so forth? How about all the promised or heavily-hinted-at features, including the ability to bribe law enforcement, actual car chases (not just 3 scripted ones), apartments, car customization, etc.?

While there's great story content and visuals in the game, there's no way anyone with a straight face would sum it up as "not perfect" and pretend it's anywhere near what was promised.

This is not owning up to anything - it's pretending the game is much more than it is, and if CDPR is proud of the state of the PC game - then I think I know what to expect from them in the future, when they're proud of something again.

Honestly, the only good news I got is that after 2 big games they finally admit they don't care of consoles so we know what to expect from their next game: a rushed port from the pc version, unplayable for months after launch.

I think that the loss of a billion dollars to shareholders for fucking up consoles is one of the rare lessons that will stick.

Top Bottom