Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Game crash when i try to start 1 of new qwest. In moment when i come closer and, i gess, fixer mast call game crash in all my saves.

Attachments

• Безымянный.png
    Безымянный.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 33
Game crash when i try to start 1 of new qwest. In moment when i come closer and, i gess, fixer mast call game crash in all my saves.
Did you use or used mods in the past ?
Any way I suggest to verify the game files
Then if it don't work and if possible, to perform a "clean install" of the game
And if nothing work, make sure that you tried all of these steps and send a ticket to the support for help > "contact us" button (including a DxDiag).

Uninstall mods and verify game files. Also, clean-install GPU drivers in safe-mode.

I even tried to use a HEX editor solution to change "a bit" within the CyberPunk 2077 .exe file from: [554881ECA00000000F2970E8] to [C34881ECA00000000F2970E8] but this must have been from an earlier build as I could not find a match.

I would also like to know if there is an update of this workaround. The string in question is no longer present in the current .exe.

Does anyone know something about it? Thanks.

I would also like to know if there is an update of this workaround. The string in question is no longer present in the current .exe.

Does anyone know something about it? Thanks.
Theres a AMD fix in the CET mod. it increases core usage or it did atleast i havent tested it in 1.6. The Hex fix has been gone for a long time i think.

With the mods it is such a thing with 1.6. Even if various mods for 1.6 was updated, that does not mean that they also work smoothly. Unfortunately, I had to find that out now. As soon as Cyberpunk was in the main menu, it crashed.

Uninstalling mods, file check and reinstalling updated mods didn't help.

In the end I backed up the save games, uninstalled Cyberpunk incl. local files and reinstalled completely new. Then installed mod by mod (incl. redscript, CET) individually and saw if it works. Finally, ReShade was reinstalled and the old preset was loaded.

And now it works again. No crashes so far and all mods (17) work as expected.

I reinstalled the game, have latest clean drivers and windows 11 updates and I still cannot boot the game. I have no mods installed.

Error:

Registered crash info file...
InternalVersion: 3.0.4232417 P4CL: 5147962 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>
Line: 0

"uptimeSeconds":1
"stopThreadID":8764
"exceptionCode":0xC0000005
"processID":16616
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.6"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@80#TID=0":"true"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/NumDispatcherThreads@15#TID=0":"7"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/MaxHWConcurrency@16#TID=0":"8"
"Engine/InitParams/InteropStartingPort@81#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/RenderPreset@82#TID=0":"1"
"Engine/InitParams/QualityLevelName@83#TID=0":"None"
"Engine/InitParams/TextureQualityLevelName@84#TID=0":"High"
"Engine/InitParams/WatchdogTimeoutSecondsOverride@85#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentCompilation@86#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentValidation@87#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/TweakDBSilentValidation@88#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/PvdDumpToFile@89#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ProfilerEnabled@90#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ShowVersionWatermark@91#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/InitParams/WindowCaption@92#TID=0":""
"Engine/PC/SystemName@93#TID=0":"Windows 11 Home"
"Engine/PC/SystemVersion@94#TID=0":"10.0.22000"
"Engine/SafeInit@109#TID=0":"GameServices"
"Engine/IsHeadless@96#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/VersionWatermark@95#TID=0":"3.0.4232417 P4CL: 5147962 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release Aug 30 2022 18:11:13 (FINAL) Total memory: 11859075072 bytes "
"Engine/Scripts/PrimaryBlobModifiedDate@103#TID=0":"133077427856409068"
"Engine/Scripts/FallbackBlobModifiedDate@104#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/Scripts/BlobPathUsed@105#TID=0":"Loaded"
"Engine/Scripts/ShouldCompileScripts@102#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/Scripts/Loaded@106#TID=0":"true"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"

I reinstalled the game, have latest clean drivers and windows 11 updates and I still cannot boot the game. I have no mods installed.

Error:

!!!CRASHED!!!

"uptimeSeconds":1
"stopThreadID":8764
"exceptionCode":0xC0000005
"processID":16616
"Engine/CommitFailedErrorCode@1#TID=0":"0"
"Configuration/Name@2#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Configuration/Name2@3#TID=0":"FINAL"
"Game/Patch@7#TID=0":"1.6"
"Engine/OOM@4#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsClosing@5#TID=0":"false"
"GlobalMode/IsGame@80#TID=0":"true"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxLatentJobs@8#TID=0":"131072"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxCriticalPathJobs@9#TID=0":"65536"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxImmediateJobs@10#TID=0":"2048"
"Jobs/InitParam/WorkerThreadStackSizeKB@11#TID=0":"1024"
"Jobs/InitParam/MaxThreads@12#TID=0":"27"
"Jobs/InitParam/AllJobsCriticalPath@14#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/InitParam/UseJobDebugger@13#TID=0":"false"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/NumDispatcherThreads@15#TID=0":"7"
"Jobs/Dispatcher/MaxHWConcurrency@16#TID=0":"8"
"Engine/InitParams/InteropStartingPort@81#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/RenderPreset@82#TID=0":"1"
"Engine/InitParams/QualityLevelName@83#TID=0":"None"
"Engine/InitParams/TextureQualityLevelName@84#TID=0":"High"
"Engine/InitParams/WatchdogTimeoutSecondsOverride@85#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentCompilation@86#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ScriptsSilentValidation@87#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/TweakDBSilentValidation@88#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/PvdDumpToFile@89#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ProfilerEnabled@90#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/InitParams/ShowVersionWatermark@91#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/InitParams/WindowCaption@92#TID=0":""
"Engine/PC/SystemName@93#TID=0":"Windows 11 Home"
"Engine/PC/SystemVersion@94#TID=0":"10.0.22000"
"Engine/SafeInit@109#TID=0":"GameServices"
"Engine/IsHeadless@96#TID=0":"false"
"Engine/VersionWatermark@95#TID=0":"3.0.4232417 P4CL: 5147962 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Release Aug 30 2022 18:11:13 (FINAL) Total memory: 11859075072 bytes "
"Engine/Scripts/PrimaryBlobModifiedDate@103#TID=0":"133077427856409068"
"Engine/Scripts/FallbackBlobModifiedDate@104#TID=0":"0"
"Engine/Scripts/BlobPathUsed@105#TID=0":"Loaded"
"Engine/Scripts/ShouldCompileScripts@102#TID=0":"true"
"Engine/Scripts/Loaded@106#TID=0":"true"
"##CrashDump##/DumpCrashDataSeconds":"0"
By "reinstalling" you means a "clean" install ?
Meaning, also remove manually all the folders/files which are not removed by the launcher :
If no and if you don't want to reinstall the game entirely again, you can delete all of these folders/files manually, then verifying the game files with the launcher and try again.
Make sure to backup your save files. (saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local

By "reinstalling" you means a "clean" install ?
Meaning, also remove manually all the folders/files which are not removed by the launcher.
If no and if you don't want to reinstall the game entirely again, you can delete all of these folders/files manually, then verifying the game files with the launcher and try again.
Make sure to backup your save files. (saves are located here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\)
  • Cyberpunk 2077 folder from here: %userprofile%\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\ CHECK
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ CHECK
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local CHECK
Yes, I unistalled the game and had to download the game again. Deleted all those folders you said and still the same error message on boot.

Doing the repair again. This has also went to stuck few times. It downloads small file and get's stuck and never finishes the repair. I also uninstalled GOG and reinstalled it again and see if that helps.

Doing the repair again. This has also went to stuck few times. It downloads small file and get's stuck and never finishes the repair. I also uninstalled GOG and reinstalled it again and see if that helps.
Yep, these missing files could cause the crash :(

Reinstalling GOG made the repair go through but I still get the same crash on boot.
I have made an crash report ticket to support so nothing I can do then just wait.

I also have to "end task" from Task Manager cause the game crashes and does not even know how to close itself

!!!CRASHED!!!

Last edited:
Whenever i try to stream via OBS the game crashes around 20 minutes in. Its so weird because I can play the game crash free when i am not streaming. I have an RTX 3090 and an I9 10900kf running capped frames @60fps. Medium settings. DLSS is on auto. When 1.6 dropped i streamed for 4 hours with absolutely no issue. I have run a DDU as well as delete files, verify files, uninstall etc. The game always crashes around the same 15- 20 min mark no matter the location in game.

Thanks, but if you intend this mod i did not find any AMD fix in the mod configuration.
I think they called it AMD SMT fix, might have been removed in the latest updates or something but it was there in 1.52 atleast.

Like i said im not sure it will give you better performance tho since i was allways gpu bound so no extra fps for me but i did see some better functioning in physics and so on due too better load balancing between threads.
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I unistalled the game and had to download the game again. Deleted all those folders you said and still the same error message on boot.

Generaly it will download a small file even if your install is totally fine. It allways happend too me too, i think it was like 23 mb or something that was allways downloaded (even if i reparied it x2 in a row).
!!!CRASHED!!!
Sadly that error report is quite common and can happend due too pretty much anything so i will not be able too help i guess. If you have a ticket filed CDPR might be able too do it tho.

Last edited:
It´s still there in CET 1.6, but i have no info, if it still works with game version 1.6.
If it does it should increase cpu usage on pretty much all threads. Without it i saw very low usage on the SMT threads.. Guessing how much use it is is kinda linked too how many cores you have and so on.

Windows 11 16GB ram
Intel i7 9700F
Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Vram
installed on SSD

downgraded vid driver to previous, DDUed to latest, 3 reinstalls 2 fresh 1 non fresh (and with mods), moved to HDD (reinstalled again on SSD), windows is up to date, never installed in program files simply because it is known to have access problems with any app that has constant use (been doing this for years).

Game crashes with the same GPU crashed dx12api error, crashes from start, crashes from closing inventory, map, etc.

was working from 1.23 - 1.52. 1.6 nothing but crashes with the same error.

Windows 11 16GB ram
Intel i7 9700F
Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB Vram
installed on SSD

downgraded vid driver to previous, DDUed to latest, 3 reinstalls 2 fresh 1 non fresh (and with mods), moved to HDD (reinstalled again on SSD), windows is up to date, never installed in program files simply because it is known to have access problems with any app that has constant use (been doing this for years).

Game crashes with the same GPU crashed dx12api error, crashes from start, crashes from closing inventory, map, etc.

was working from 1.23 - 1.52. 1.6 nothing but crashes with the same error.
Is the Gpu overclocked in some way? The dx12api error only happend too me when i pushed my gpu clocks too high. If its not have you tryed too reinstall dx12?

Is the Gpu overclocked in some way? The dx12api error only happend too me when i pushed my gpu clocks too high. If its not have you tryed too reinstall dx12?
nope no overclocks whatsoever. its like i said 1.23 - 1.52 no issues. 1.6 nothing but crashes no matter what ive done to troubleshoot. ive not changed how i install the game either outside of moving it to my HDD and reinstalling it back on my SSD.

nope no overclocks whatsoever. its like i said 1.23 - 1.52 no issues. 1.6 nothing but crashes no matter what ive done to troubleshoot. ive not changed how i install the game either outside of moving it to my HDD and reinstalling it back on my SSD.
It happends randomly too? Like sometimes on booting game up, sometimes after some playing? The crash reports are empty too?(allways was for me) If you can could you try lowering the gfx settings too se if it helps or makes no differance at all?

Top Bottom