Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that I can think of is that I want there to be far, far less hand-holding than what has become the norm in games.

I do want all inventory (quest- related included) to be properly weighted. I should have to make decisions and manage my inventory, not be able to carry around virtually everything in the game at once.

I do want quest related items to be able to be sold, dropped, destroyed, etc. If I sell off or drop something and can't find it and can't compete a quest or even break my game, well then it's my fault, I should have been paying attention.

I do want NPC's (even quest-givers, main story characters) to be able to be killed by me. As above, if I break my game by killing an NPC by not thinking, well it's my fault.

I don't want giant indicators saying go here, stand on this spot, receive quest. Something like "North of so and so, near the so and so" is more than sufficient to find a person/thing I need.

I would like to see a good story and different endings based on players choices. If I have a freedom to choose but it all leads to the same ending or doesn't chance the world state, that is stupid. Or if your game goes much harder with making "wrong" choices, that's also stupid. Then it's just better without choices. And then the replay suffers a lot. So, good story with good choices and consequences :)

I would really like to see that damn "total hours played" when I save or load my game :D And I mean hours, I'm not good at counting days.

Alphabetical or time and/or region lined quest log. Witcher 3 completed quests was a total chaos.

I really enjoyed Bravely Defaults's battle system. You could master several jobs (after unlocking those) and then combine the best parts into one fitted to your liking. Could there be something that fits Cyberpunk? Also Witcher gave us nice amount of different play styles.

Leveling system similar to Witcher 3. Once again gives you a freedom to choose how you play. Only main story or all of it.

THIRD PERSON! With a character of your own. If you have to make first person too, please make it optional. I don't want to use it :D

No forced online stuff. Or online at all if it makes single player suffer. I would prefer with no online at all but I guess there is going to be some.

Great, big, beautiful world with full of things to do and explore. Different creatures depending time of the day. Can futuristic games have a little bit of wild life and green too? Please?

Optional follower would be nice for a chance if this is a "single hero" game? If it's not, then it doesn't matter.

Scene with Ciri ;)

Hmm... I'll post more if something else comes to mind.

No quests against clock! That's an instant mood killer.

I've spent some time thinking what my dream open world non-fantasy game would look like and I've come to a realization: What I would really love to see is a rpg with a huge focus on adventure and much less focus on combat.

I'm thinking about an open world where you can pursue many different activities - from gta inspired jobs like being a courier or driver to working as a private eye, or enforcing law and order as a member of the police force (maybe even a special unit like in the trailer). I'm not referring to mini games (as in gta) but more to full fledged quest lines - maybe a little like guild quest lines in elder scrolls games - but with more variety.

A perfect rpg for me would be about experiencing the world itself. Meeting interesting characters. Create your own goals and follow whatever seems most interesting to you. I'm not really a fan of complete sandbox experiences - but I think it would be great if the story would take a more personal approach (think of Garret trying to come up with the rent in Thief). Depending on what people you meet and what jobs you accept the story could unfold dynamically.

First and foremost the world should feel as alive as possible. I guess it would come down to interesting characters and stories evolving around certain places and people. And those should be backed with as much content as possible so that the player can choose on what he/she wants to focus in the game.

In a way VtM Bloodlines did a lot of this whenever a new area of the town opened up. Of course everything was very limited there - both in terms of space and depth/content. But the game really shines when you explore the world and just enjoy the adventure. It's a huge contrast to rpgs that focus a lot on fighting and don't give the player space to breath - where you're just lead from one story point to the next and everything besides the main path seems lifeless and empty. I'd really love to see the opposite - a game with little combat but adventure and a vivid world instead.

More interested in CP 2077: Give us a good-ass RPG.

The problem with that is that the definition of a good-ass rpg will vary greatly depending on whom you ask. The games I was thinking of as "bad" examples since they are arguably almost exclusively combat oriented are the Baldur's Gate series (at least BG1 and SoD - never played BG2 past Athkatla), Icewind Dale series, Gothic series, Risen series etc. All of them are fine if not brilliant rpgs. But there is such a huge focus on combat! Imho it's a lot harder to feel like being a part of that world since you're travelling around (mainly from quest to quest) with fights around every corner. There is not much to do besides doing quests and most npcs offer only backstory for quests...

Now I'm not complaining about those games - they are brilliant and fun. I'd just really like to see an rpg that explores other possibilities that you have mainly in pnp rpgs... Something more along the lines of classic adventures, open world sandbox gameplay (with more guidance via dynamic questlines, though) and choose your own adventure approach.

The problem is of course that it's much more risky to create such a game. It's probably harder to market and to give the game enough depth you need enormous development resources. Nevertheless I'd love to see such a game ;)

For my dream RPG, CP2077 needs to ship with FULL modding tools from day one... And I mean a FULL toolset that allows every aspect of the game to be edited/created.

Last edited:
Some choices are not good or bad ethically but simply different. They might give different advantages and disadvantages. Which megacorp or booster gang to join and such. It can improve replayability.

There must be a big event which changes the world somehow. The job is not about saving the world. It might be interesting to play a few in the changed worlds as well.

Customizable hero. Dragon age 2 solved the naming problem well in dialogs. The hero was called Hawke regardless gender and anything.

Not too much crafting. Withcer3 was ideal for me.

Interesting unique locations.

Different set of equipment for different jobs.
For example in Fallout 4 you may go in power armor or without it. It could have been a good tactic option when to use power armor but there were so many fuel we were able to use it always.
In CP there might be missions where we can take only concealed armor and weapons. This can be even our street wear. And we would have another set for the tough jobs. Some items could be used in both cases. Similar appeared with the new moon set in withcer3 but it could be used in more occasions in CP.
This way pistols and submachine guns may have a role in late games, too, because they can be concealed.
Change between them would require only a single click because they would be preset items. Automatic change may happen sometimes or the game offers change for example when the player wants to go in the city center with an assault rifle and combat armor.

You can be a big guy at the end in a very tricky way but it's not obvious for the player. Maybe you need to read ingame lexicons to get the idea. And a very flexible ethic code.

Elf posergang. Probably after a Lord of Rings simstim premier or based on another story written in the future. Orcs, trolls and similar ugly types are lame and less believable in large numbers.
Vampire posergang with retractable implanted fangs. Fangs might be poisoned or contain drug.
Werewolf gang with wolvers.
These are quite obvious possibilities.

A few missions in other countries. In an African or Far Eastern jungle or something in very much contrast with the urban enviroment.

There might be an unusual skill which is useful in certain situations like origami, dance, geology, biology etc. Like wine tasting in Witcher3

Last edited:
+Texture Tesselation
+a lighting system that doesn't saturates some colors and desaturates others, neutral if possible, if not, a few filters to choose from (purple included)
+SSAO
+shadows for npc's
+60 fps animations in gameplay and cutscenes
+FOV slider

There's only a few things I want to see out of this project, most of them realistic to implement. I know I can't have my dream request come true (a linux port), but maybe one or more of these can be done:

1. Single player mode - I'm not your average gamer age, being older - I would get royally p0wned like the n00b I am without a way to do single player.
2. Self-hosted server? In fact, if this could be done, item 1 would almost be a given.
3. A fully explore-able world - I want to be able to just go off, and be a tourist. Ideally, this would be possible both in single-player and multi-player modes. Take the idea that if it can be explored, it should be able to be explored (wanna crawl inside a sewer or air shaft? What able an elevator cableway? Jump off a tower crane? Take that bicycle for a spin? Mess with the cooks in the back of a restaurant? etc).
4. ...and the more difficult item: VR integration.

What do I mean for item 4? Well - I don't want just Rift or Vive support - any and every game is going to gave that. No - I want to have the option to interface a custom hacked HMD made from a bastardized combo of a Forte VFX-1 and a VictorMaxx CyberMaxx (or maybe just my Virtuality Visette Pro?), and control my movements and such with custom controllers (maybe a hacked Nintendo PowerGlove and an Ascension Flock-of-Birds kit?).

How can this be done? Well - first, give us a way to set up custom video modes - 2D and 3D (interlaced 3D, L/R side-by-side, left/right to separate monitors, etc). Secondly, give us a way to get data out of the game (orientation mainly, but there could be a ton of other options here - if it is helpful for immersion, it should be an API call away), as well as put data into the game (again, orientation of the camera, but also the hands/arms, directional control, etc - again, with an API call).

Think about the idea of being able to interface custom 3D tracking systems, as well as motion platforms, bass shaker actuators, etc - and have the video and audio going to a custom HMD. Don't let us be walled into a garden where we can only purchase expensive VR devices to have the whole enchilada. Some of us would like to experiment and play in this world. It's a world many of us would love to live in if we could. If we can only visit it virtually, so be it - but let us be able to hack our own kit together like any good cyberpunk hacker would do. Seriously, you can build an HMD from cheap parts off Amazon and Ebay; there's also tons of ideas and books and other old info from the early days of PCVR that show how to interface other stuff, make your own trackers, etc. Today, there are many people making open-source optical 3D trackers using all kinds of different hardware. All of it custom, all of it open-source, etc. But without a way to get that data into the game (or out of it), we can't make use of it.

An ideal thing to support would be the OSVR platform (https://osvr.github.io/) - for instance, I own an Ascension FOB - but it is an RS-232/RS-485 based system, so in order to get the data on the network, I need either a PC that has such a port, or some kind of USB dongle - then I could get it on the network. If CP2077 supported an OSVR driver to allow the query of its data, and the ability to send data to it - then I could take the output of my tracker system, and feed it into the game, allowing me the ability to control (for instance) both hands and the head camera. I could become fully immersed...

Or - what about those lucky users who have homebrew (or research institurions) CAVEs? They use 3D shutter glasses (or some use dual-projectors for each wall of the CAVE) - so they would need that support, and most of them also use magnetic 3D trackers like Polhemous and Ascension kits. Of course, there's also the Razer Hydra that could be used (but OSVR supports all of that).

But even if all that could be added was an easy API to both control and get information out of the game (again, for immersive purposes) - that would be best.

Finally - don't censor the game or cripple it if you use API access - this game could be a real "game changer" for the world of collaborative VR - imagine the possibilities if - if you have the gear, or can build it - you could "jack in" to CP2077 and be fully immersed into the world...

As an aside - and I am sure I am not alone on this - I was hugely disappointed that the whole "Sword Art: Online" and IBM VR thing was a giant marketing stunt. Nothing they showed couldn't have been done. That they didn't do it is a disgrace, IMHO.

Let's not waste the opportunity to do it right with this game. If I can't explore the world of SAO in the VR gear of my choosing, then let us be able to explore the world of Cyberpunk 2077 in our own gear. Don't miss this opportunity, if at all possible...please.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the biggest thing I would love to see that too few open world games do nowadays, are extensive interiors, with as much love and craft as outdoor areas!

In fact I sincerely advocate for a smaller over-world if it meant a richer denser areas that you sneak/enter/fight/whatever through! Even ones that are largely redundant but just add completely to the lore and immersion, possibly with mini-games or items etc etc.

I think the Witcher 3 was actually great for this (and of course in general!) but with the large over world catering for the most part on hamlets and villages (except the obviously big areas) it lended itself to it quite well.

In a Cyberpunk city setting we're talking dense layered low-life condominiums/shops/corporate monoliths and generally a very active environment. I would be very impressed by the feeling of power and immersion if 99% of buildings you could either enter or break into anyway, espionage style! Obviously lending itself to the story.

I might get crucified for this but I'm honestly gonna namedrop Shenmue here. Very old and completely different game but that's what it did in 1999! Buildings and houses you could just go into or interact with....because they were there! Very immersive.

The only other thing I can think of right now on my wishlist is a Counter Operative mode (notice my username :p ). I haven't seen it since Perfect Dark on the N64! Multiplayer where you play through the single player scenarios with one (or more) players controlling the enemies!

Would anyone endorse melee combat system? Shooting sounds fun, but having some deep melee combat system in close quarter would be epic. I'm talking martial arts and using your environment as your weapon. I really enjoyed sleeping dogs combat system because it had those things and kept every fight fresh and satisfying. Cybernetics enhance everything from strength to agility, so I find this to be a nice mix for a more fluid combat system.

Dream RPG in the Cyberpunk 2077 Universe

• Breathing, living open world with its own selfregulating economy/ Trading system

• Hard and unforgiving

• No standard MMO Instance Raid stuff

• Hard and stunning PVP

• Hard and stunning PVE

• good and structured crafting/medical/implantation mechanics

• Own Home / house; Apartment; Shack in the slums beside a creepy doctor;

• Law mechanics / If you steel something and an NPC/Player will recognize it, there will be consequences/ Guards in high traffic areas / security cameras wich can get hacked/ Firewalls

• Moddable Vehicles

• Survival aspects/ Need to eat/drink; If you start taking drugs it can give you advantages but you get addicted which will let you shiver and you talk shit in PVE situations

• Dark dark dark; not only the visuals - the characters and the envoirnment too

... more to come

This came to my mind yesterday :

1) Reactive displays ?
Let's say there are many televisions, electronical billboards, some displays, (maybe radios?) and so on.
It could act as News broadcast, that presents some noticable things that happened in world due to player's decision, or due to NPC reaction for that.
Maybe it could make game more alive and responsive ?

2) Spraying minigame
On streets there can be some politicians on billboards, posters on walls or whatever funny, original graphic - let's say that provokes player to want to spray it.
People would also react to your creations. If you spray it all, that original graphic is not visible at all, they will just don't understand and say sentences like "Those vandals deserve criminal" or "Why would someone bother to do this, if it's even worse that original graphic." If you spray too little with only few colors - not cool edit - maybe small kids point to it and begin laugh, adults say something like "Come away for not to be suspicios of destroying it", dog will pee on it, or whatever. If you use multiple colors, but still to manage cover maximally half of the original poster, many people would stop by, maybe laugh, photo with it, applause, or whatever. Police will also come for it, so you can use this mechanic to relocate patrols from guarded places ?
You can also spray on non-graphical surfaces, like walls, cars,.. - whatever mesh in game except what is alive - but there will be only negative reaction for that.

3) Ciri easter egg
You can find small abandoned camp out of civilization. There is hidden letter form Ciri to Avallach. She says in it, that this world is too modern and so dangerous for her. She can describe some funny situations that happened to her. For example, that she tried to ride one of flying ships but didn't manage and crash. And that there are not wild animals to hunt, so she doesn't understand where all the meat in world comes from. You can also find key in camp. If you examine it, you notice that it opens one of public safes. (those on airports, train stations or whatever). If you find it, you also need to guess her PIN right for it to open. It's just some number connected to Ciri by lore. If you manage to open safe, there is game-unique funny item. For example photos - Ciri with robotic cdpr developer with human head only, as she laughts with policeman about that ship crash, or how she celebrates her birthday with Avallach - he would wear that small colorful hat, hold huge portion of cake in his hands, and look terrified.

4) Albus Dumbledore easter egg
On one of those side, dark streets you can find homeless wearing one-piece long violet cloak with yellow moons over his whole body, lather jacket, violet hat, and beach sandals on his legs. He is exhausted and asks you for huge bottle of beer and says he will tell you secret in exchange. You can do this :

Give him whatever alcoholic - or just beer wanted )
He gets drunk, come to nearby lamp and begin sucking it's light out and in again saying some childish things like "Where the light is ?", "Oh, there is is !" and over and over again, till he falls to ground and starts sleeping. Next morning he is not here, but you can find him arrested in prison later on for damaging public lighting.

Give him whatever non-alcoholic )
He stands high, comes to the middle of the street, yells something like "If there is all covered in black and shadows, don't forget, there is light always !" and dissapears.

Dont give him anything )
You will find him dead later on. If you loot him, there is letter that says "I dissapointed. Our world is lost. You can keep my tee set. Care for yourself Harry.".

Ask him what is he doing here - secondary question )
He says something like : "It was accident. I just scratched in ear with my wand and ended up here.".

Last edited:

Make a weapon as cool as the Lawgiver and I will be happy.

Make a weapon as cool as the Lawgiver and I will be happy.

I remember the original RPG having like, 14mm assault rifles for full conversions, along with a lotta other gun types bound to make a naturals arms do multiple 360's with a single shot.

Speaking of which, Id love to see the player experience consequences for trying to fire a weapon beyond their weight class. Like, they equip it, try to fire and WOAH there go all their arm bones.

Last edited:
I remember the original RPG having like, 14mm assault rifles for full conversions, along with a lotta other gun types bound to make a naturals arms do multiple 360's with a single shot.

Speaking of which, Id love to see the player experience consequences for trying to fire a weapon beyond their weight class. Like, they equip it, try to fire and WOAH there go all their arm bones.

From the original trailer I assume that arm-mounted, concealed weapons are a possibility, I need a hidden arm shotgun, would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom