Cyberpunk: Edgerunners receives The Game Awards 2022 nomination!

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners has been nominated in the “Best Adaptation” category for The Game Awards 2022 — an annual awards ceremony, which celebrates outstanding achievements from across the gaming industry.

Thank you for the recognition of our first-ever anime series, set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 and created in collaboration with the acclaimed Studio Trigger!

You have a say in who can win the award — you can vote on your favorites via this website. We’d be honored if you decided to cast your vote for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Winners will be announced during The Game Awards live stream on December 8th.

If you haven’t seen Cyberpunk: Edgerunners yet, it’s available to watch on Netflix.

Despite not being a fan of Edgerunners and my criticism of the show, I can't deny that it was very faithful adaptation of the game.

Congrats on the nomination.

I shall raise a toast to Lucy!
Post automatically merged:

Despite not being a fan of Edgerunners and my criticism of the show, I can't deny that it was very faithful adaptation of the game.

Congrats on the nomination.
Aesthetically-wise it was a pretty accurate rendition of the game, indeed.

What a dilemma... o_O
On one side Edgerunners, a great anime from one of my favorite game ever. A game that I absolutely love and played a lot.
On another side, Arcane... One of my favorite animes ever, but from a game that I never played, nor planned to play one day (and from a french studio^^)
Congrats and good luck anyway (y)

What a dilemma... o_O
On one side Edgerunners, a great anime from one of my favorite game ever. A game that I absolutely love and played a lot.
On another side, Arcane... One of my favorite animes ever, but from a game that I never played, nor planned to play one day (and from a french studio^^)
Congrats and good luck anyway (y)
Arcane wins that battle in my case (I don't recommend LoL though, it's better to consider the show its own thing, because it actually is).

Now concerning the game that inspired the show, Edgerunners wins though.

Last edited:
"a series is a connected set of television program episodes that run under the same title, usually spanning many seasons. "

Come on CDPR, go for the WHOLE thing!

Anyway congratulations, but I too am likely to be not voting because I cannot pick between this and Arcane. Although I PLAY your game not that other game, I don't even know anything about the "other game" except that it is always on line multiplier so I will never buy it.

"a series is a connected set of television program episodes that run under the same title, usually spanning many seasons. "

Come on CDPR, go for the WHOLE thing!

Anyway congratulations, but I too am likely to be not voting because I cannot pick between this and Arcane. Although I PLAY your game not that other game, I don't even know anything about the "other game" except that it is always on line multiplier so I will never buy it.
LoL is just a dumb MP with 0% plot, for all its faults CP2077 is anything but

Arcane wins that battle in my case (I don't recommend LoL though, it's better to consider the show its own thing, because it actually is).

To be honest, if I put aside my love for the games from which, series were adapted, I choose Arcane too. It's just an unbeatable masterpiece that only another season may can surpasse...

To be honest, if I put aside my love for the games from which, series were adapted, I choose Arcane too. It's just an unbeatable masterpiece that only another season may can surpasse...

It's a weird situation to find myself in.

I hate LoL, in large part because the community is just plain toxic, but Arcane was a masterpiece. A blast from beginning to end with interesting characters throughout with some incredible standouts.

On the other hand, I love CP2077 but Edgerunners was.... well.... cliche as hell in my opinion and just dated in it's portrayal of characters. It's rendition of the game world was great but the show as a whole was meh at best in my opinion. Had CDPR been more in control, I suspect my opinion would be vastly different.

So, yeah, I find myself rooting for Arcane but it's out of love for Arcane and deception at what Studio Trigger did with Edgerunners.

I hate LoL, in large part because the community is just plain toxic, but Arcane was a masterpiece. A blast from beginning to end with interesting characters throughout with some incredible standouts.
This is the last I have to say about it, but for me LoL fails not because of the fucking idiotically juvenile behaviours present, but due to the fact that the game is just about shooting turrets and other players. If I wanted a good MP experience from the gameplay point of view, I have Jedi Academy for that. Gimme COMPLEX CHARACTERS, IN-GAME LORE and MEANINGFUL SHIT TO DO/GOING ON. All CDPR games have delivered in that regard. And so has Arcane.

Arcane is the better show. Not an anime fan service vehicle for teenage boys.
That said congrats on the nomination and next time actually release the game when it's done, okay?

Arcane is very outstanding but like as you said , awards its for the best adaptation show , not the best "quality" show .
Feel Edge runners more connected to Cyberpunk 2077 , . Trigger studio done a good job and keep balance on their DA ( don't forget this studio make Kill la kill anime ) and the DA from CDPR game .

the way as see both adaptation
Arcane , a new kind of story for their next mmo , not really Lol Lore
Edge runners , a real spin off of cyberpunk 2077 , adding some layers on the background story and lore of cyberpunk 2077

Great anime.
If it had one or two episodes more it could compete with Arcane, but action was a bit too fast...

Why is Arcane eligible? Didn't it come out in 2021?

That is going to be quite the battle between those two - both of them were extremely well received and have cult followings at this point.

Why is Arcane eligible? Didn't it come out in 2021?

That is going to be quite the battle between those two - both of them were extremely well received and have cult followings at this point.

Because it was released late last year. It's fairly standard for products released somewhere between the start of October and the end of December to be eligible for awards the following year. It would be unfair for these products to be completely ignored because they came out after the awards but before the next year or without giving a majority of people enough time to watch them.

Just like CP2077 was eligible for awards in 2021 despite coming out in 2020.

I'm fairly confident Arcane wins this. Probably by a large margin. They both were incredibly well received but Arcane drew far larger numbers. They're not even comparable as far as viewership numbers go.

Last edited:

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners has been nominated in the “Best Adaptation” category for The Game Awards 2022 — an annual awards ceremony, which celebrates outstanding achievements from across the gaming industry.

Thank you for the recognition of our first-ever anime series, set in the world of Cyberpunk 2077 and created in collaboration with the acclaimed Studio Trigger!

You have a say in who can win the award — you can vote on your favorites via this website. We’d be honored if you decided to cast your vote for Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Winners will be announced during The Game Awards live stream on December 8th.

If you haven’t seen Cyberpunk: Edgerunners yet, it’s available to watch on Netflix.
Congratulations CDPR! You guys deserve it for sure.
Thanks for continuing to push out patches for CP2077, us dedicated fans appreciate it highly.
edgerunners-rebbeca-like.gif

Because it was released late last year. It's fairly standard for products released somewhere between the start of October and the end of December to be eligible for awards the following year. It would be unfair for these products to be completely ignored because they came out after the awards but before the next year or without giving a majority of people enough time to watch them.

Just like CP2077 was eligible for awards in 2021 despite coming out in 2020.

I'm fairly confident Arcane wins this. Probably by a large margin. They both were incredibly well received but Arcane drew far larger numbers. They're not even comparable as far as viewership numbers go.

That is weird though. Isn't God of War: Ragnarok up for game of the year even though it came out in November of this year? Just seems a bit inconsistent.

Also - I agree. As much as I thought Edgerunners was entertaining Arcane was on a different level. My Father - who is an old man at this point and hates pretty much anything animated/video game related - thought Arcane was absurdly good. I was actually stunned he not only liked it, but thought it was among the best five or ten shows he has ever watched.

That is weird though. Isn't God of War: Ragnarok up for game of the year even though it came out in November of this year? Just seems a bit inconsistent.

Also - I agree. As much as I thought Edgerunners was entertaining Arcane was on a different level. My Father - who is an old man at this point and hates pretty much anything animated/video game related - thought Arcane was absurdly good. I was actually stunned he not only liked it, but thought it was among the best five or ten shows he has ever watched.

I don't disagree, it's somewhat inconsistent but I'm also fairly certain Ragnarok will be eligible for different awards from different events next year too. I suppose there is also a problem of worthy contenders being released. There just wasn't many of them and you gotta get those big titles up there.

Your dad and many others. Myself included. I don't shy from the fact I am not an anime fan or even an animation fan. I can't think of any animation or anime I'd put in my own top 10 shows of all times - besides Arcane. It was an absolute blast and, in my opinion, deserves this win hands down. They managed to bring LoL's extensive lore to life while avoiding most anime/animation tropes and remaining largely true to the lore, creating interesting characters, an interesting plot, absolutely gorgeous animation and perfectly setting the stage up for future seasons.

I'll watch the multiple Dragon Ball show/movies and enjoy the crap out of them but it's 95% out of nostalgia (grew up on the mangas) and 5% the cool fights. Arcane actually had me, and my wife (who had never watched an anime/animation outside of our children's), binge watch the crap out of it and enjoy every minute because of it's quality. Again, deserves the win in my opinion.

I don't disagree, it's somewhat inconsistent but I'm also fairly certain Ragnarok will be eligible for different awards from different events next year too. I suppose there is also a problem of worthy contenders being released. There just wasn't many of them and you gotta get those big titles up there.

Your dad and many others. Myself included. I don't shy from the fact I am not an anime fan or even an animation fan. I can't think of any animation or anime I'd put in my own top 10 shows of all times - besides Arcane. It was an absolute blast and, in my opinion, deserves this win hands down. They managed to bring LoL's extensive lore to life while avoiding most anime/animation tropes and remaining largely true to the lore, creating interesting characters, an interesting plot, absolutely gorgeous animation and perfectly setting the stage up for future seasons.

I'll watch the multiple Dragon Ball show/movies and enjoy the crap out of them but it's 95% out of nostalgia (grew up on the mangas) and 5% the cool fights. Arcane actually had me, and my wife (who had never watched an anime/animation outside of our children's), binge watch the crap out of it and enjoy every minute because of it's quality. Again, deserves the win in my opinion.
Since Arcane is not anime but Western animation, of course it's not going to be affected by the tropes of that animation style. It does have other tropes related to the animation medium, but at least less than in most other works of the same kind. If only the Cyberpunk anime avoided tropes and was more groundbreaking as a result as well. Animation has more difficulty shaking off tropes than flesh and bone cinema, it seems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom