Cyberpunk (modded) not starting after 1.61 update

+
So I've been modding Cyberpunk for quite a while now and never had issues. But after the new 1.61 update my game refuses to launch. I think it's because of the mods (probably mods that aren't compatible with the new update or eachother). Maybe you guys know which mods are bad in my modlist. It would really help a lot especially because I don't have a lot of time for modding and gaming because of school.
Mods:
1676486649157.png

1676486653696.png

1676486677487.png

Attachments

• 1676485991549.png
    1676485991549.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1676486023863.png
    1676486023863.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 1676486151284.png
    1676486151284.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0
So I've been modding Cyberpunk for quite a while now and never had issues. But after the new 1.61 update my game refuses to launch. I think it's because of the mods (probably mods that aren't compatible with the new update or eachother). Maybe you guys know which mods are bad in my modlist. It would really help a lot especially because I don't have a lot of time for modding and gaming because of school.
Mods:
View attachment 11345612
View attachment 11345615
View attachment 11345618
The crashing on my part seized when I updated all the script mods. Namely the ArchiveXL and TweakXL mods. Could try it too. Might work.

Upvote 0
Yep, check directly on Nexus if you really use the very last update for ArchiveXL and TweakXL.
Normally they were updated for the very last patch that Vortex maybe not "see".

Upvote 0
If it does not even launch, it is probably some mod depending on redscript. Maybe you get a message about script error? Try deleting the content of r6/cache directory and verify game files

Upvote 0
By default, any mod that wasn't updated with a new update to the game is potentially the issue. Furthermore, they might not be the main issue on their own but in they are in combination with other mods.

The most important to update are certainly your frameworks, CET, TweakXL, etc...

If you can't be bothered to go through all of their pages, just turn them all off and turn and progressively turn them all back on starting with the required frameworks. I.E - wave 1: CET, Redscript, TweakXL, ArchiveXL and a few dependant mods. No crash, Wave 2, no crash, wave 3. Whenever it crashes, you've got the/one of the culprit(s) right there in wave X. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The crashing on my part seized when I updated all the script mods. Namely the ArchiveXL and TweakXL mods. Could try it too. Might work.
I checked for updates and they are up to date, the version count is the same as on the nexus page (I checked manually).
Post automatically merged:

If it does not even launch, it is probably some mod depending on redscript. Maybe you get a message about script error? Try deleting the content of r6/cache directory and verify game files
Well the game starts but it only shows a black screen, no sound, no fullscreen. and after about a minute it closes itself. After that the Cyberpunk 2077 Crashreport opens itself. I found files named report.txt and CrashReporter.log, I don't know if the content of those is important.

By default, any mod that wasn't updated with a new update to the game is potentially the issue. Furthermore, they might not be the main issue on their own but in they are in combination with other mods.

The most important to update are certainly your frameworks, CET, TweakXL, etc...

If you can't be bothered to go through all of their pages, just turn them all off and turn and progressively turn them all back on starting with the required frameworks. I.E - wave 1: CET, Redscript, TweakXL, ArchiveXL and a few dependant mods. No crash, Wave 2, no crash, wave 3. Whenever it crashes, you've got the/one of the culprit(s) right there in wave X. Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.
I tried disabling all mods through Vortex but the game still isn't starting (well technically it runs but I only have a black screen and it closes itself after a minute).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried disabling all mods through Vortex but the game still isn't starting (well technically it runs but I only have a black screen and it closes itself after a minute).

Just to be clear, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't like a Bethesda's game, you can't simply disable most mods. That's one of the advantages from Bethesda's plugins system. I'm not saying you can't disable them completely, just that's it's a much more involved process than disabling them in Vortex with a game like this.

You use plenty of mods that I don't use myself. Furthermore, some of those you use offer REDmod versions that would show up with the same "title" in Vortex. Have you disabled REDmods from the launcher too? Even if Vortex is disabling your mods correctly, your REDmod enabled mods may be causing issues. If you're on GOG, be certain to disable mods from the game's properties in GOG too. After disabling everything, I would strongly suggest verifying the game's files.

The goal being to force as vanilla a state as possible without actually reverting to vanilla. Getting the game to start anyway, loading your save is out of the question. If the game at least starts, then you can start the "per wave" reactivation process.

Upvote 0
Just to be clear, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't like a Bethesda's game, you can't simply disable most mods. That's one of the advantages from Bethesda's plugins system. I'm not saying you can't disable them completely, just that's it's a much more involved process than disabling them in Vortex with a game like this.

You use plenty of mods that I don't use myself. Furthermore, some of those you use offer REDmod versions that would show up with the same "title" in Vortex. Have you disabled REDmods from the launcher too? Even if Vortex is disabling your mods correctly, your REDmod enabled mods may be causing issues. If you're on GOG, be certain to disable mods from the game's properties in GOG too. After disabling everything, I would strongly suggest verifying the game's files.

The goal being to force as vanilla a state as possible without actually reverting to vanilla. Getting the game to start anyway, loading your save is out of the question. If the game at least starts, then you can start the "per wave" reactivation process.
How do I disable mods from the games properties (and yes, I'm on GOG)?

Also in Vortex there is an info box, where there is something about REDMod deployment. What does that mean?

Upvote 0
How do I disable mods from the games properties (and yes, I'm on GOG)?

When you open up the game's page in GOG galaxy, to the right of the play button you should have "more". Click on that -> Manage installation -> Configure and under the "features" tab you you will find a checkbox for "enable mods" enable mods. Make sure it's turned off as this will stop the game from using REDmod enable mods.

I believe it automatically disables the toggle in the RED launcher but to be certain, you should verify it's turned off in both places.

Also in Vortex there is an info box, where there is something about REDMod deployment. What does that mean?

This is simply a feature of Vortex that will allow Vortex to deploy REDmod enabled mods straight from Vortex. Leave it turned on, there is no harm in leaving it turned on, if you install REDmod enabled mods from Vortex, you should leave it on.

Upvote 0
When you open up the game's page in GOG galaxy, to the right of the play button you should have "more". Click on that -> Manage installation -> Configure and under the "features" tab you you will find a checkbox for "enable mods" enable mods. Make sure it's turned off as this will stop the game from using REDmod enable mods.

I believe it automatically disables the toggle in the RED launcher but to be certain, you should verify it's turned off in both places.

This is simply a feature of Vortex that will allow Vortex to deploy REDmod enabled mods straight from Vortex. Leave it turned on, there is no harm in leaving it turned on, if you install REDmod enabled mods from Vortex, you should leave it on.
So the feature was turned off for some reason and I did the opposite and turned it on. Now the game launches, even with all the mods enabled. I may have done the exact opposite you told me to do but it somehow worked out for me. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. :)

Upvote 0
So the feature was turned off for some reason and I did the opposite and turned it on. Now the game launches, even with all the mods enabled. I may have done the exact opposite you told me to do but it somehow worked out for me. Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. :)

Ah, it's a good thing! Glad to hear it. You would've had to start it up eventually anyway!

So the answer to your original question isn't so much what mods were causing the issue, the answer is that you had REDmod enabled mods installed but your game didn't have REDmod itself enabled.

REDmod is a "framework" like CET, ArchiveXL, etc. If you have REDmods enabled mods installed, you absolutely need to make sure it's on.

Upvote 0

Mods:
View attachment 11345612
View attachment 11345615
View attachment 11345618

Besides that I'm thinking of using this source link to be able to make everything for home and do my favorite thing - making mods and stuff with this game.
Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
|m frustrated with the new update since | reinstalled 3 times and all the mods are causing problems. The game flatlines as soon as its launched. However, I got the game to play with mods now, but i have to exclude lots of mods. Generally, mods that use REDSCRIPT and Red4ext are all out of my list. Mods that don't use either of those as a dependent works. So CET works, native settings works and other mods that don't use the 2 above works. Until they update the mods to work with the newest update, i would advise avoiding since we never know when they will throw a new update and screw everything again.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
|m frustrated with the new update since | reinstalled 3 times and all the mods are causing problems. The game flatlines as soon as its launched. However, I got the game to play with mods now, but i have to exclude lots of mods. Generally, mods that use REDSCRIPT and Red4ext are all out of my list. Mods that don't use either of those as a dependent works. So CET works, native settings works and other mods that don't use the 2 above works. Until they update the mods to work with the newest update, i would advise avoiding since we never know when they will throw a new update and screw everything again.

Good luck.
Redscript and red4ext have been updated last month, they work for me

Top Bottom