Dark Souls II

+
I also used heavy armor, but it's quite pointless to do so since the hits will destroy you quickly regardless. Sir Alonne was the only balanced fight.

Also did you use a shield?

for me it's quality I wouldn't pay 10$ for Sunken King but I would for Crown of the Iron King. 2-3 hours wouldn't be fair since it's difficulty that makes this game long of course a souls veterans would breeze through it.

A Dark Souls hardcore player would breeze through it in less then 2 hours. I spent roughly 6 or 7 and I died a lot on the Smelter Demon and Fume Knight.

No I do not believe its worth it. Dark Souls II vanilla cost me twice as much as the season pass and yet had a lot more content to offer. It's nickel and dimming.

Last edited:
Also did you use a shield?

hell no dawg I aint no turtle baby

It's true what you say about it being a little to expensive and you're right. DS2 is actually quite a B-list game and all the good people are working on Bloodborne, almost all the design heads of DS1 went there. If anything the entirety of DS2 was a cash grab. The only thing it improved was the PVP.

I still think it's worth it just because you can play DS for hours and hours just with PVP and making different builds unlike W2. It's a good game with a good studio so I'll support them for an extra 5$

It's true what you say about it being a little to expensive and you're right. DS2 is actually quite a B-list game and all the good people are working on Bloodborne, almost all the design heads of DS1 went there. If anything the entirety of DS2 was a cash grab. The only thing it improved was the PVP.

I still think it's worth it just because you can play DS for hours and hours just with PVP and making different builds unlike W2. It's a good game with a good studio so I'll support them for an extra 5$

The problem is is that I find it insulting when developers intentionally rip you off with the sole purpose of being greedy. If they released all three DLCs as a single expansion with a reasonable price that would be a fair way of going about it that wouldn't insult their fans. Instead they release it as three separate DLCs in order to increase profit, which insults their fan's intelligence. We know what they are doing and why they are doing it. Hell no I will not willingly support such tactics, regardless of how good the game may be. Supporting them is telling them that such tactics are okay and to keep doing it.

No it's not worth it. Accepting being ripped off is like accepting day 1 DLC for Mass Effect 3 just because you love the franchise. Exactly same principle.

DLC needs to fucking die unless it's implemented well like in the case of the Witcher EE and Expansion packs need to come back.

Here in lies the problem. Taking the pass on people who have gotten used to a certain playstyle for much of the game then giving us shit like the Fume Knight, Smelter Demon or Ancient Dragon.

Look in DS1 I could go through the entire game with a greatshield and it would be viable. Sure I would have to roll on certain bosses to survive certain attacks but due to my heavy armor I could survive.

Dark Souls 2 spits on your heavy armor and greathsield.

Last edited:
I completely understand why people wouldn't buy it.

but I'm a gamer. I don't look 50 years ahead of time and see the damage I wrought with my purchase of this particular DLC. I think of it as a lesser evil to buy the DLC of a good studio than to spend any other money on bad studios that don't drive the art form forward.

Dark Souls 2 spits on your heavy armor and greathsield.

I did play with heavy armor nearly all of the game and didn't have too many problems. You still aren't convincing me @Costin . All you're saying is that some tactics become almost useless in certain bosse, so what?

You can block Smelters attacks with a shield you just have to not get hit by combos. It's the same with Fume Knight, you can actually strafe around him to avoid most of the combo and then block the rest.

here's a guy using a shield although he rolls around a lot you can block one hit attacks with a high stability shield and lots of vigor. I tested it myself.

some funny creative stuff haha! be sure to check out the end of the video as it's pure hilarity (he end part outside the sunken king area)

this is sorta another thing you pay for with the DLC's creative pvp design. What you thought was simple platforms can be used to fuck with players in a lot of ways.

So I was playing the DLC, which came out yesterday for PC users ( horrah master race ), and unlike the other two which had really bad bosses this has some interesting stuff.

The first boss was quite good, too much damage and HP on NG+ but overall ok and thank God for being able to effectively use great shields.

The second boss, or well the final boss really, is annoying. He's like the fume knight in a sense, and just as fucking cheap. But there's an epic event to it and you've got Lucatiel with you. What a way to end Dark Souls II. Fighting side by side with Lucatiel against the final boss of the DLC packs.

Guipit: That guy is a complete jackass. I love him.

Last edited:
Hated all the DLCs this was just the final nail in the coffin.And unfortunately i wont be able to play Bloodborne :/

Yeah i played them but i saw this thread right after ragequitting a DS2 session so i was more than a bit angry while typing that :/ i actually think the dlcs are quite good especially some of the bosses like Sir Alonne are absolutely fantastic.

Christ, Frigid Outskirts is my fucking version of hell. I mess up every time at the boss, and I have to go through that fucking nightmare again...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-this-april/1100-6423804/

Scholar of the First Sin will also be available on PS3, 360, and DirectX 9 PCs as a compilation version that collects the game and DLC missions. While it won't include the enhanced graphics and sound, those versions (and gamers who already own Dark Souls II) will receive the additional content through a free, "large-scale update (ver. 1.10), which will add new features including an additional NPC to seek out along the treacherous quest through Drangleic as well as expanded story, in-game events, improved balance, and online matchmaking functionality.

Fromsoft i still remember getting fucked by you before.

To make 2 PC versions is one of the most cheap and stupid decisions ive ever heard.
Why the fuck should i pay fullprice for a a game i already own on pc for fucking DX11??????

It's not my fault you had to downgrade because previous consoles could not handle it.
And then you have the nerve to try and resell the game to me the way it should have been in the first place?

First you make Bloodborne PS4 exclusive and now this?
Fuck you Fromsoft, fuck you very much View attachment 7874.

Attachments

• rant.gif
    rant.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 60
Attention Dark Souls II fans!
A free patch will be available for all Dark Souls II players on February 5th, 2015 bringing gameplay enhancements and new story elements to prepare for the Scholar of the First Sin! (Ver 1.10, Calibrations 1.13)
Check out this new batch of screenshots that highlight some of the improvements and read on below for a full list of changes:
*Warning - Spoilers ahead if you have not finished the game*
-Added new character, The Scholar of the First Sin.
-Additional item description text.
-Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
-Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now cause enemies to inflict more damage to the player.
-Players will gain access to a new item: The Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.
-Increased effect of Rusted Coin.
-Awestones now dropped more often.
-The bonfire warp selection screen will now highlight the top three areas where players will have the best change to connect with other players online.
-White phantoms will remain in other players' worlds for longer periods of time.
-White phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
-Players on their first play through can now match with players on their 2nd or further play through.
-Made it easier for players to match online in general.
-Made it so that invading players cannot use items which invite more enemies.
-NPC conversation text is now displayed more prominently than online notices.
-Players may now choose to cancel out the effect of the Human Effigy at bonfires.
-When a player cannot take part in online play due to the effect of the Human Effigy, made it so that the player can still write signs. (They still cannot summon during this period.)
-The Imitation spell now affects normal enemies.
-The Hush spell is now more effective on normal enemies.
-Load times shortened (PS3 only).
-Calibrations no longer saved each time before the title screen.
-Fixed issue causing map name listed on save data and actual map name after loading to not match.
-Made it possible to skip the ending sequence the 2nd time through and beyond.
-Removed the blur effect used when looking through the binoculars.
-Rouge Water, etc.: Fixed issue causing the user not to recover spell usages for spells only able to be used once.
-Made Old Iron King's Crown's effect function consistently throughout the game.
-Adjusted price for Crown of the Ivory King, Ivory King Armor, Ivory King Gauntlets, Ivory King Leggings.
-Fixed Issue whereby the sign in the Iron Keep was not displayed as intended once the player spoke to Lucatiel of Mirrah in Harvest Valley.
-Corrected issue whereby users could not use Bonfire Ascetics at Undead Crypt Entrance Bonfire.
-Adjusted timing for Licia of Lindeldt to become the player's enemy.
-Adjusted conditions for lighting Majula map from "Defeat Nashandra" to "Defeat Throne Defender and Throne Watcher."
-To prevent invasion after defeating area bosses, made the Human Effigy effect function in this situation automatically.
-Made it possible to get the reward items after defeating area bosses even if your inventory is full at the time. (Items will drop in front of the player.)
-Made it possible to get the reward items after using Crushed Eye Orb and defeating Licia of Lindeldt even if your inventory is full at the time. (Items will drop in front of the player.)
-In Black Gulch, made it possible to receive Forgotten Key after defeating a Giant when the player has 99 Souls of a Giant.
-In Grand Cathedral, made it possible to still receive the item you are supposed to get when talking to Alsanna, Silent Oracle even if your inventory is full.
-At the Ending, if the player has fulfilled the conditions to receive Illusory Ring of a Conqueror and Illusory Ring of the Exalted but their inventory is full, made it possible to receive the rings properly. (Players will receive the rings as soon as space is opened in their inventory.)
-Adjusted rewards in online play:
(Normal Online Play)
-Host vanquishes invading dark phantom or arbiter spirit: Human Effigy
-Host vanquishes a dark phantom summoned through red sign: Human Effigy
-Host vanquishes invading grey spirit (Bell Keeper): (1 of the following) Titanite Chunk, Titanite Slab, Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone.
-Vanquish host you invade at the covenant "Rat King" area: Added Smooth & Silky Stone in addition to Pharros' Lockstone
(Covenant "Blue Sentinels")
-Vanquish dark phantom when summoned as help by a Way of Blue host: Devotion to covenant up +1.
(Covenant "Rat King")
-Vanquish client summoned to Rat King area: Added Smooth & Silky Stone in addition to Pharros' Lockstone.
(Covenant "Bell Keeper")
-Vanquish host when invading as grey phantom: (1 of the following) Titanite Chunk, Titanite Slab, Twinkling Titanite, Petrified Dragon Bone.
(Covenant "Pilgrims of Dark")
-Host vanquishes abyss spirit in Dark Chasm of Old: added Human Effigy to Bonfire Ascetic.
(Covenant "Brotherhood of Blood")
-When invading, vanquish Blue Sentinel summoned as help: Devotion to covenant up +2.
Scheduled maintenance for this update (Xbox 360, PS3, Steam):
2/4 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST
2/4 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
2/4 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM GMT
2/4 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM CET
2/4 11:00 PM - 2:00 AM 2/5 JST
Thank you everyone for your continued support of Dark Souls II!

also @Totalimmortal

Offtopic - Dark Souls 2 - glutton for punishment! :(

I'm sure some of you have tried this game, but for the life of me, I'm getting my arse handed to me over and over...and over again.

Repetition and patience (enemy placement/movesets) seems to be the name of the game, nevertheless the only way I seem to progress a particular area is when I die so many times that the enemies no longer respawn. - I suppose that's a good thing. The bad parts is - I lose all the accumulated souls and die on the way back to collect them, making leveling difficult.
I haven't played a game in a long time where I'm saying "F...You" to the monitor more often than not.

I thought I'd take a break from Witcher 3, but I'm not sure this is what I had in mind :)
I"m playing Cleric and using the mace if anyone cares.

Top Bottom